GDT: blue panther

Status
Not open for further replies.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
It looked to me like that icing was partially on Butler, he's the one that flubbed the pass out of the zone to Oshie, who then had to battle the puck away from a panther player, and ended up icing it. Really unfortunate going from sealing the game with what would have been a easy EN, to icing the puck, and allowing the game tying goal. Elliot with the great effort tonight deserved the shutout.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I'm so happy they give Jori change on shootout. That guy got in his sleeve nice moves. I have been quite suprised he hasnt get that change earlier, but nice thought now het got it.

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
I dunno guys. On the one hand yeah, the third period was weak. On the other maybe we're beginning to realize that we don't have to be firing on all cylinders at this point of the season.
Shame that Ells didn't get a shutout though.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Pietrangelo was held up behind the net on the GA. Whoever it was had their arm around him. No excuse for playing prevent D and getting out shot. The Blues outplayed the panthers the whole game except for the 3rd. They earned the win

Edit: seen the replay again, i could be wrong about the hold

Last edited:

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
Wow, those stats for Elliott on the road are sick. First, first, first. He's mediocre. Trade him for Ryan Miller.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Garbage third period. I don't care about the players, it is Hitchcock that needs to learn from that.

danglzzz

Mar 2, 2011
missed a obvious slash on tarasenko in the 1st that took away a shot from the slot. really dont know how they missed it

I did forget about that one. Still think they missed one or two the other way too. Refs definitely didn't affect the game.

Nice goal by Lehtera. Was mad when Jaskin went before him.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
Garbage third period. I don't care about the players, it is Hitchcock that needs to learn from that.
I agree Hitch needs to be accountable, but the players quit pushing as well. On top of that the first two periods FLA looked as dangerous as teddy bear on offense. They were more preoccupied with keeping th puck out of their zone than anything else. Lulled the Blues into a false sense of security. Still, Elliott kept the Blues tied. Could've been worse.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
The Blues hardly ever lose games they shouldn't.

Nice to see that was the case again today.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Feels about the same as the Arizona game. Yes the Blues played poorly for a stretch of the game, but we got the win. In the regular season, against teams we should beat, I have no problem with that.

EDIT: Awesome game, Ells.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad