Blue Jays Discussion: Blue Jays Showing Their Best Maple Leaf Impression

Status
Not open for further replies.

DatsyukianDeke*

The team gave up yet they were celebrating like crazy when they tied the game yesterday, or when they had the walk off win? Yea....

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Well our SP has gone 2-11 with an ERA of 5.45 in August and pretty sure Jannsen has blown a few saves this month as well. I think pitching that **** makes it pretty hard to win.

And earlier this year our starters didnt get much support at all from the offense. How many more wins would Buerhle and Stroman have if this team could actuallyscore runs with men in scoring position. This team never seems to put it all together at once.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
we've basically had 1 good month in 2 seasons with this group. Either AA has to do some major re-tooling or start rebuilding because this group just isnt good enough. We'll be lucky to be .500 the way we're going right now.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Well our SP has gone 2-11 with an ERA of 5.45 in August and pretty sure Jannsen has blown a few saves this month as well. I think pitching that **** makes it pretty hard to win.

Pretty tough to win when the offense no-shows more often than not, especially in the last month. :help:

Happ especially has been left with very little run support over his past few starts.

The team shouldn't have to resort to late-game heroics.

calcal798

Jun 2, 2010
London
Pretty tough to win when the offense no-shows more often than not, especially in the last month. :help:

Happ especially has been left with very little run support over his past few starts.

The team shouldn't have to resort to late-game heroics.

Yep no-show offense and awful pitching from most of our staff hasn't helped us.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
Bautista for Wong + Miller + Piscotty. Get it done AA!

I have been touting that type of deal for Bautista for the past 2 years knowing they need to make that type of move to reset the franchise. I would hold out for Tavares but that package is good.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
I have been touting that type of deal for Bautista for the past 2 years knowing they need to make that type of move to reset the franchise. I would hold out for Tavares but that package is good.

Yea, I think Bautista will finally force the issue. I like the Wong + Piscotty package because it fills 2 holes and they both have upside to be around .800 OPS players plus another Hutchison like arm in the rotation via Miller.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
Yea, I think Bautista will finally force the issue. I like the Wong + Piscotty package because it fills 2 holes and they both have upside to be around .800 OPS players plus another Hutchison like arm in the rotation via Miller.

Yup makes sense. In a package you need to acquire a 3b or 2b and then shift Lawrie to the leftover hole.

Wong makes perfect sense and can bat in the 2 hole allowing Melky(assuming signing) to bat 3 and EE to hit 4th

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Yup makes sense. In a package you need to acquire a 3b or 2b and then shift Lawrie to the leftover hole.

Wong makes perfect sense and can bat in the 2 hole allowing Melky(assuming signing) to bat 3 and EE to hit 4th

It makes sense to me value wise since we would presumably be bringing in 3 players who should be able to provide 2-3 WAR value a year so they can cumulatively offset the loss of Bautista while spreading it out over multiple positions. The defense would also get a nice boost at 2B.

hockeyfanz*

Yeah I don't think it's a coincidence either. Even though Bautista and Janssen were the vocal ones, they were speaking of what most of the clubhouse was feeling and clearly players are upset more help wasn't brought in for the final push. I don't think they folded right away or anything but after a few losses, I think it has just snowballed and the team looks very deflated right now and pretty much given up.

Jays should be trying to trade Janssen and Rasmus for whatever they can get before the waiver trade deadline is over.

Kinda funny that both Bautista and Jannsen have sucked since the trade deadline...so AA didn't do his job in making a deal for the sake of it but if these two mouthpieces did their jobs to the best of their abilities, then the Jays would be in a much better position.

The Jays were getting back some pretty good players in EE and Lind and potentially Lawrie. Those are 3 big bats coming back. Why did these guys think they needed external help? Didn't believe in themselves?

The team is frustrating..watching them dance around the field like idiots after walk off wins..when they have accomplished nothing except to fritter away a playoff position at a critical point in the season. Pathetic. Typical Toronto sports garbage.

Blow it up AA. Blow it up. This team needs an enema.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Reimold DFA, Pillar Called up.

that's an interesting move. I'm assuming Reimold hasn't been playing well at all lately. I haven't been able to watch much the last little while because of other obligations. I know they were high on Reimold.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
So Phil Bickford is leaving Cal State Fullerton so he can potentially enter the 2015 draft. Went to college for one year and is now walking away from that free education that was so important.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Bautista for Wong + Miller + Piscotty. Get it done AA!

Don't think I would want Shelby Miller. I think if you're trading Bautista, you gotta target an elite prospect so Tavares would be the target for me even if there aren't multiple good pieces to go with it.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Reimold DFA, Pillar Called up.

Uhh... why now? That's a move they should have made like a month ago and September is only a few days away so he would have been up regardless.

So Phil Bickford is leaving Cal State Fullerton so he can potentially enter the 2015 draft. Went to college for one year and is now walking away from that free education that was so important.

He could be a top 5 pick next year so that's probably why. I believe he was the best pitcher in cape or something and he seems to have boosted his stock a ton.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Don't think I would want Shelby Miller. I think if you're trading Bautista, you gotta target an elite prospect so Tavares would be the target for me even if there aren't multiple good pieces to go with it.

Yep that's another option, you likely wont get much beyond Tavares and I am a little hesitant to bank on 1 guy since its blown up in our faces many times before but its certainly a valid approach.

With regards to Miller, I want him simply to fill the space of one of our expensive veterans while not rushing the guys on the farm. If we got Miller we could move 2 of Happ/Buerhle/Dickey and go with a young and cheap rotation of

Dickey/Buerhle
Stroman
Hutchison
Miller
Sanchez/Norris/any young guy basically.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Taveras
Taveras
Taveras

Also, I'd rather go to Boston and pry Mookie if we were looking for a 2B so badly

Oh and Norris vs Owens tonight

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
correlation /= causation.

It's just another one of those swings in a baseball season. Teams run hot and cold. We played well for a while without some of our best players, that was bound to catch up to us, that goes double when the guys who were on hot streak eventually had to cool off.

This is certainly possible. The A's have a losing record after adding Lester, while the Tigers are at .500 and they added Price.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
I was thinking Bautista + Dickey/Buerhle while we eat some of Buerhles contract for Wong and Taveras.

Unloading $30 million on a team decreases value. Selling players off by themselves are usually the way to extract the best value.

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010
This is for sure the offseason where heads have to roll. They can't wait until Bautista and Edwin are gone to start the rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad