Blue Jays Discussion: Blue Jays Showing Their Best Maple Leaf Impression

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
I was at the game tonight. Awesome atmosphere with majority Jays fans there. Place went nuts when Jose hit that home run. More and louder "let's go blue jays" than "let's go mariners".

Beautiful ball park.

Tough loss to say the least. Could tell the guys just wanted to get this one over with.

calcal798

Jun 2, 2010
London
Lind and EE aren't worth 3 extra wins each, they're 6 games out of 1st place.

Machado just sprained his knee, Justin Verlander, Anibal Sanchez and Joakim Soria are also injured, and we are complimenting that with two of our best hitters coming off the DL.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Machado just sprained his knee, Justin Verlander, Anibal Sanchez and Joakim Soria are also injured, and we are complimenting that with two of our best hitters coming off the DL.

Just like Baltimore was going to fall with Wieters on the DL for the rest of the year? Just because players are hurt or coming back from injury means nothing. It comes down to what happens between the lines. Encarnacion and Lind wouldn't have meant anything last night because the pitching was bad.

Wasp

Feb 27, 2004
T.O.
Calm down everybody. We just went 2-2 against Sanchez, Scherzer, Price, and King Felix. We likely won't see a murderer's row of pitchers like that for the rest of the year (coming from teams we're directly chasing no less). We'll have Lind and Encarnacion back shortly. Not to mention our last 14 games are against the Orioles (6), Yankees (4), and Mariners (4). We just need to make sure we stay within striking distance until we can get fully healthy, and then hope we can put it all together during the stretch run.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
When are Lind and EE supposed to be back. Getting a bit tiresome reading "When we get Lind and EE back" I've been seeing these type of posts for the past month+.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Is it October already?

Unless the Jays are playing baseball in October, they're not playing anything meaningful to me.

FifthLine

@AHartScout
Jul 2, 2011
toronto
Never thought I'd say Im happy Happ is on the bump... He's been quite the revelation of late. I'd think the main reason being he's using the fastball alot more and its up to 93-96mph as opposed to 89-91 last year.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Is it October already?

Unless the Jays are playing baseball in October, they're not playing anything meaningful to me.

You should try to enjoy sports a little more. All these games are meaningful despite the amount of games left.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Is it October already?

Your comment is the perfect example of a casual fan. Yeah 2 games out of a WC spot means we're not playing meaningful games. Right!

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Is it October already?

Also I have a question..If these games aren't meaningful why are you here talking about the team, and why are you watching the games? Seems kind of stupid to watch/complain about the games if you find them meaningless lol

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Manny Machado is having an MRI today. Will be very interesting to see the results. Knowing the O's luck, its probably just a mild strain.

Will be nice to have Lind back. Since him and Edwin went down, the team has battled their way to a 16W - 13L record. That's remarkable for a team missing their #4 and #5 hitters.

I know its been a tough stretch, but it wouldn't surprise me if this team made a run after they return. Having the middle of your lineup back makes everyone around them better.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Just like Baltimore was going to fall with Wieters on the DL for the rest of the year? Just because players are hurt or coming back from injury means nothing. It comes down to what happens between the lines. Encarnacion and Lind wouldn't have meant anything last night because the pitching was bad.

True...but what about the five losses by two runs or less during the month in which both players were out of the lineup? Not unreasonable to assume that their level of production vs. their respective replacements could have caused different outcomes. If you're 4 and 1 in those games rather than 0 and 5, then you're looking at a 67 and 53 team.

That's a whole other can of worms though. It gets messy looking back and playing the shoulda, coulda, woulda game. I prefer to look forward to fielding a semi-regular lineup again.

calcal798

Jun 2, 2010
London
Manny Machado is having an MRI today. Will be very interesting to see the results. Knowing the O's luck, its probably just a mild strain.

Will be nice to have Lind back. Since him and Edwin went down, the team has battled their way to a 16W - 13L record. That's remarkable for a team missing their #4 and #5 hitters.

I know its been a tough stretch, but it wouldn't surprise me if this team made a run after they return. Having the middle of your lineup back makes everyone around them better.

It'll be nice to see teams not walk Bautista when Reyes and Cabrera are on, and there are two outs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad