Blue Jays Discussion: Blue Jays acquire 3B Danny Valencia from KC for C Erik Kratz & P Liam Hendriks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
I am assuming one of Goins/Kawasaki is going down to Buffalo. Now they can run a platoon at 3B and 2B. Or possibly Dan Johnson and just use Francisco at 1B.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
The guy is a career .879 OPS vs. lefties, this is a wonderful and cheap pickup.

Plus with 3 years of club control beyond this year. AA deserves this!

approval-people-clapping.gif

Last edited:

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
so is he a back up or doing it for something bigger?

We have a pretty poor record (or it alteast appears that way) against Left handed starting pitching. He'll probably platoon (split time) with Francisco at 3rd or just a bat you keep on the bench. Doesn't feel like the type of move that leads to something else. Just filling a need.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
We have a pretty poor record (or it alteast appears that way) against Left handed starting pitching. He'll probably platoon (split time) with Francisco at 3rd or just a bat you keep on the bench. Doesn't feel like the type of move that leads to something else. Just filling a need.

He's here to platoon with Francisco. He was on my list of potential platoon bats. I'm glad AA grabbed one of them. Now if he grabs Ruggiano or Denorfia, I'm going to give myself a nice pat on the back and start sending out resumes :laugh:.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
This basically means that we roll with a Francisco/Valencia platoon taking advantage of the fact they both kill pitching to their respective split and then shifts Lawrie to 2B when he comes back and completely shores up the infield offense. This should result in a cheap cost effective .800 OPS production from 3rd and for those who don't know is kind of what Beane does in Moneyball to replace Giambi.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I think so.

I'm better defensively then Francisco, so yes... But overall I wouldn't say Valencia is good defensively. I only recall a few times watching him but I recall one play where he cost a game for the Os vs the angles :laugh: hopefully he's competent but at the very least we have a great platoon partner for Lind, nice move

Edit - I think it was Valencia

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Is he better defensively that Fransico? That could allow Lawrie to play more 2B once he returns off the DL

a traffic cone is better defensively than Francisco. Not the little ones, but those big drum types with the flashy light on top.

traffic-drum-i.jpg

slap a glove on that bad boy and *bam* Francisco equivalent :P

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
Thanks for the info on Castillo guys. As for the Valencia trade, it's nice to see AA finally deciding to make a move to capitalize on a platoon opportunity.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Graveman was promoted to AA and had his first start there today.

6 IP, 8 hits, 1 earned run, 2 BB, 4 K's.

Got into a bit of trouble a couple times as evident by those 10 baserunners but managed to pitch his way out of it.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I was looking at the jays season to see our record vs boston (we will be 8-3) but I noticed our last 4 series are against Baltimore twice, the Yankees and the mariners, the 3 teams we are closest to in the standings... Could be very interesting!

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I was looking at the jays season to see our record vs boston (we will be 8-3) but I noticed our last 4 series are against Baltimore twice, the Yankees and the mariners, the 3 teams we are closest to in the standings... Could be very interesting!

Let's hope the Jays continue to be in the mix until then ... Need to get through the dog days of summer which the Jays have struggled in the past with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad