GDT: Blue Jackets VS Red Wings l 11/26/18 l 7:30 PM EST

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Abby has been an anchor this year. Nothing to do with what's he's getting paid. I'm not talking about the past either. He has not been his usual self... not sure why everyone is defending him with these odd counter arguments.

I thought he was awful in October and said it a lot. He hasn't been nearly as bad this last stretch outside of the Ottawa game in my opinion where again I criticized him for that during that night.

These guys in general are not that great, we have one of the worst teams in the NHL. That includes some of the younger players we even like, if they don't keep progressing ala DeKeyser's development watch the turn happen. That is all I am talking about. I don't need to have the same diatribe towards Vanek, Nielsen, Abdelkader, Kronwall and Ericsson whenever we start losing. It is exhausting. To each their own, but I am not going to listen to a group of people rip guys that have spent a long time in this league as non-NHL talent and things of an insane nature. I wish they would play better, some of them have been quite a bit better than what I see posted is also a part of my issue. Hey we are all entitled to opinions, post away but every once in a while I will take the bait when I think some unfair things are happening. To me prime Cleary and prime Abdelkader are pretty similar players, one played on a lot better team is the difference.

They got crushed across the board that period, Larkin had a little life but there wasn't much to write home about going on there. When we are bad it extends beyond 5 guys, sort of like how when we are good we have more than five guys going as well.

Last edited:

JoesuffP

Feb 3, 2016
This is where Blashill throws all the lines in a blender because he doesn’t know how to respond with coaching and then the season spirals out of control

Reactions: Filppula

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
This is where Blashill throws all the lines in a blender because he doesn’t know how to respond with coaching and then the season spirals out of control
I just think Columbus is a better team. No line juggling is going to save anyone now.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

So you want him to keep the same lines, most of the debate during the 1st was how he should dress different guys and change his lines...

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I just think Columbus is a better team. No line juggling is going to save anyone now.

I honestly do still feel bad for Jarmo Kekalainen though, he has assembled a great team and if Bob and Breadman wanted to stick around he would really be on to something. But I have no idea what he can and really should do right now. Lots of sleepless nights is my guess, tough spot.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
I honestly do still feel bad for Jarmo Kekalainen though, he has assembled a great team and if Bob and Breadman wanted to stick around he would really be on to something. But I have no idea what he can and really should do right now. Lots of sleepless nights is my guess, tough spot.
Or he could just pay them the money they want. It's not like they haven't had exclusive negotiating rights.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario

I find it hard to feel sympathy when he employs trash players like jenner and dubinsky

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I want to see the Bertuzzi-Glendening-Abdelkader line.

Problem is I still want Rasmussen in the top 9 when we do it.

Hopefully he is with Athanasiou and Nielsen.

Oct 18, 2006
Abdelkader off the first line, excellent. Replaced by Nyquist. Not a fan of breaking up that second line, but I suppose Vanek back with AA is the only other option.

JoesuffP

Feb 3, 2016
So you want him to keep the same lines, most of the debate during the 1st was how he should dress different guys and change his lines...
I don’t think he has much options but seeing him abandon everything so quickly is frustrating. It’s one thing to lose to a good team but to look completely overwhelmed is unacceptable. The team went to shit once he changed the PP and part of that is because Vanek has to be shoehorned in favor of players that were showing results. The team has played like absolute shit every game Vanek has dressed

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
athanasiou needs to show up at some point (in a positive way)

He has earned an off night at this point if he has one. He has been on the right side of the puck, no impact one way or the other is also different from the AA of the past. I have noticed him being in the right position a lot.

Tough to see that go in.

Reactions: Filppula
Oct 18, 2006
That goal is on Rasmussen.

He tried to use his size and frame to escape the zone, but was just outbodied way too easily.

He'll get better with time when he's actually got some core strength.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad