Pre-Game Talk: Blue Jackets @ Panthers, Saturday December 7th, 7 p.m. EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Good, we need his grit SO badly. This team is softer than baby poop.

Not expecting much from this one after the Minnesota game. Jackets hold on 4-2. We finally start dropping down the standings as we should have a week ago.
The rest of the Atlantic outside of Boston is just as meh as us, if not worse. Tampa just lost to Minnesota (4-5-1 in their last 10), Montreal (1-6-3) lost to Colorado, Buffalo (3-5-2) lost to Calgary - all of them lost in regulation. We do need to hang on to the top3 spot in the Atlantic because the wildcards will most likely go to the Metro...

I'm glad the team is having fun. I trust Q to keep them working; and better them having fun than falling into gloom-and-doom of "this is going to be another lost season 'cause we're the Panthers so why don't we just give up".

Just get some wins. We had enough cushion (and the teams around us lost enough) that recently losing 4/5 didn't really cost us. We have two games in hand on BUF and MTL, three games in hand on TOR - win those and we have a nice cushion of 4-7 points over those teams. Tampa is two points behind us with one game in hand - they're the closest to us but they've also been losing lately (1-3-1 in the past five). The inter-division games will be huge.

We have a big homestand here, let's make it count.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
The rest of the Atlantic outside of Boston is just as meh as us, if not worse. Tampa just lost to Minnesota (4-5-1 in their last 10), Montreal (1-6-3) lost to Colorado, Buffalo (3-5-2) lost to Calgary - all of them lost in regulation. We do need to hang on to the top3 spot in the Atlantic because the wildcards will most likely go to the Metro...

I'm glad the team is having fun. I trust Q to keep them working; and better them having fun than falling into gloom-and-doom of "this is going to be another lost season 'cause we're the Panthers so why don't we just give up".

Just get some wins. We had enough cushion (and the teams around us lost enough) that recently losing 4/5 didn't really cost us. We have two games in hand on BUF and MTL, three games in hand on TOR - win those and we have a nice cushion of 4-7 points over those teams. Tampa is two points behind us with one game in hand - they're the closest to us but they've also been losing lately (1-3-1 in the past five). The inter-division games will be huge.

We have a big homestand here, let's make it count.
I agree, better to be positive than negative.

My point was more to the fact that we have been very fortunate these past two weeks. Realistically we should be in a bit of a joke right now but because the Atlantic is so bad we are sitting pretty as a paper tiger in 2nd place.

The Rangers would be second place in the Atlantic if they were in our division, but right now they are out of a playoff spot lol.

I'm saying they really need to pick it up now because the Atlantic won't stay docile all season.

wampa13jku

Jun 29, 2019
Davie, FL
As a Bob jersey owner, I expect him lights out this game for the sake of my $200 investment.

upload_2019-12-6_9-11-18.gif

Attachments

• upload_2019-12-6_9-10-46.gif
    upload_2019-12-6_9-10-46.gif
    775.7 KB · Views: 1

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
It would be nice if we could offload Pysyk to free up some space and then call up Keeper and Tippett. I feel like we would be better.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Trocheck - 4g in 20 games. A 16.5 goal pace, on pace for 56+ points. Not bad production but he needs to score some more goals.

malgin - 3g in 25 games. Looks good but pretty much a non-factor, on pace for under 10g and 29.5pt

Vatrano - 6g in 27 games. On pace for over 18 goals and 33pt. Along with his speed, finishing his checks, getting under players skin, and his contract. He’s a good 3rd liner.

Hoffman - 10 goals in 27 games, 4 in his last 10, on pace for 30g and 54.5pt

Connolly - In only 14.5 minutes per game he leads the team with 12 goals, only 1 of which was on the pp. gotta love it.

boyle - 4g in 17 games, on pace for 17 goals and 34.5pt. On top of being a good face off guy, a vet, decently sound defensively, and a big body. Not a bad 3rd liner, but only has 1g in the last 10 games.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
So I'm guessing

HBD
Saarela-Tro-Connolly
Vatrano-Boyle-Hoff
Toni-Acc-Scev

Saarela is known for having a heavy shot, but not much of a playmaker and poor defensively. So it makes no sense to put him on line 3. If he's going to help us at all, it's going to be by scoring a goal or two.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Wow, I just noticed that we lead the league with the fewest penalty minutes.

fewest penalty minutes in the league
8th best pp
7th best pk
And 8th in goals for

it bothers me that we’re not killing it in the standings like we should. Which makes it even worse when you think about the D/goaltending given the fact that we take the least amount of penalties, and even when we do take a penalty we’re 7th best at killing them off. Yet somehow we’re still 6th worst in goals against (yea, progress...)

we need to reshape that D, at least a little, but something, please. Anything.

islanders are a top-5 team in the league with the 22nd best offense...but they’re #1 in goals against. We have our guys like Barkov, huberdeau, dadonov, and even Connolly. Move a hoffman or something to upgrade the D.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
But i can learn from the Past. Howden speedy Winger grit, not the best scorer, but fast, excellent skating, physical always get Injured in the Moment he made a step into the right direction or next one. Its not the first Injury on Jayce and not the first in a time he should play and learn. And when that happens to often, why should i hold on maybe in the AHL, to let him play. But that is pro Sport you get Injured in a bad Time or to often, you get passed on.
The only thing speaking for him, he is a Doghouse Player, was always and will always. And maybe you are new to this or here, i never was a Jayce Fan and never will be. The Hype he was called up the first Time, for a Player with outcome was max a 4th Liner.

We had this far to often here and far to often we had to pass on, on later 3rd Line Player or real late Bloomer.
You're entitled to your personal tastes. But I see no reason to continue this discussion. Because again, I think this is just about your personal tastes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad