Confirmed with Link: Blue Jackets name Kenny McCudden assistant coach

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
From what he did before I'm guessing he will be a skating coach and skill coach on the side as well as being the "eye in the sky" for intermission adjustments.

Light the Lamp

Apr 21, 2015
Adding a "skills" coach is a new perspective. I like the idea, as he will be able to help refine skills.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Yeah, we will see how it works. I think it's a good idea with how many young guys we have on the team.

KeithBWhittington

Going North
Jun 14, 2003
Brick by Brick
Visit site
Let's be honest, this isn't going to make or break the coaching staff. That McCudden has several years of teaching should pay dividends at things like the dev camp and traverse city. Move that should help build trust with guys like Bjork, Milano etc. as they come up through the ranks.

he is going to be up in the booth because Larsen and, obviously, Hartsburg, have much, much more to offer to the roster players during a gam and because he is not likely used to the speed of an NHL game as a coach

Last edited:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Let's be honest, this isn't going to make or break the coaching staff. That McCudden has several years of teaching should pay dividends at things like the dev camp and traverse city.

he is going to be up in the booth because Larsen and, obviously, Hartsburg, have much, much more to offer to the roster players during a game.

But since there's a lot more to coaching than just what happens in the game, and since this fellow appears to have some expertise with skating, which is a skill the CBJ roster could stand to improve, I'd say this is a good thing. I'm not worried about it making or breaking the coaching staff, I'm worried about improving the team.

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
If he can improve everyone's skating by 5%, this deal is huge win. Lots of young players who can really use this type of attention. Savvy move if you ask me.

I'd wonder if in their review of core injuries there is concern over some skating strides or skating conditioning. Nuances that a non-hockey playing, strength and conditioning coach wouldn't be attuned too. No info, just crossed my mind when I heard of this hire.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
If he can improve everyone's skating by 5%, this deal is huge win. Lots of young players who can really use this type of attention. Savvy move if you ask me.

I'd wonder if in their review of core injuries there is concern over some skating strides or skating conditioning. Nuances that a non-hockey playing, strength and conditioning coach wouldn't be attuned too. No info, just crossed my mind when I heard of this hire.

5% fewer Hartnell Downs. Which is both good and bad.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Can he teach them to do a double axel for those close shootouts? :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad