Rumor: Blue Jackets looking at Ryan Kesler?

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Semantics, that's why.

For Kesler, I'd be hesitant to give up too much ... as has been mentioned, there are injury concerns abound; plus rumor/speculation about the Penguins:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=445054

No way to I try to outbid that package. Comparable would be Anisimov, Erixon/Savard, and a 1st and 3rd ... and that would just be an even deal ... we would have to add to that deal to outbid, if speculation is correct.

Let's remember that Pittsburgh traded Jordan Staal to Carolina for a 1st (8th overall), Sutter, and Dumoulin.

It would basically amount to Staal + a 3rd to get Kesler.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Let's remember that Pittsburgh traded Jordan Staal to Carolina for a 1st (8th overall), Sutter, and Dumoulin.

It would basically amount to Staal + a 3rd to get Kesler.

Indeed.

For Pittsburgh, one has to wonder if Kesler could be enough to put them over the top. Without giving up a major roster piece (Kesler is an upgrade on Sutter), I'd say it makes things look a lot better for them.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
There has never been a confirmed list.

Well ****, here we go on the whole "confirmed trade list" crap again.

By the way, has anyone ever actually figured out who was on 61's list from a couple years back? I mean, really figured it out?

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Well ****, here we go on the whole "confirmed trade list" crap again.

By the way, has anyone ever actually figured out who was on 61's list from a couple years back? I mean, really figured it out?

The New York Rangers were on the list. I've figured that out ;)

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Is there anything published suggesting JK/JD are actually looking at Kesler or is this just fan fantasy?

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Is there anything published suggesting JK/JD are actually looking at Kesler or is this just fan fantasy?

fantasea.jpeg

CapnCornelius

Oct 28, 2006
CBJ was not on the list of teams that Kesler would accept a trade to.

The only teams I've heard are not on the list are every team in Canada. Columbus is not in Canada. So, unless you have a source, we'll put this in the "idle speculation" category.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
CKNW ‏@CKNW 6m
According to the Province newspaper, Ryan Kesler will not waive his no trade clause to join the Columbus Blue Jackets

So much for that.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Reports are that the Canucks have informed some teams, including Toronto and Columbus, that Kesler will not waive to go there.

CKNW980SPORTS ‏@CKNW980SPORTS 14m
According to the Province newspaper, Ryan Kesler will not waive his no trade clause to join the Columbus Blue Jackets.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Reports are that the Canucks have informed some teams, including Toronto and Columbus, that Kesler will not waive to go there.

CKNW980SPORTS ‏@CKNW980SPORTS 14m
According to the Province newspaper, Ryan Kesler will not waive his no trade clause to join the Columbus Blue Jackets.

Good. Prolly cause of RJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad