Blue Jackets hire Brad Larsen as their next head coach

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I personally like the hiring. Dude has paid his dues and getting a chance to show what he's capable of.

Most CBJ fans don't like it because he ran our joke of a powerplay. As if that's all that goes into being a coach.

The relationships that coaches build between players/staff is absolutely one of the most important parts of being a coach. Being able to inspire and make guys believe anything is possible is what makes a good coach. And by all accounts he's loved by players and other staff members.

Reactions: generalshepherd141

domi28

Dec 5, 2017
I personally like the hiring. Dude has paid his dues and getting a chance to show what he's capable of.

Most CBJ fans don't like it because he ran our joke of a powerplay. As if that's all that goes into being a coach.

The relationships that coaches build between players/staff is absolutely one of the most important parts of being a coach. Being able to inspire and make guys believe anything is possible is what makes a good coach. And by all accounts he's loved by players and other staff members.

We have a department manager at work that is loved by his employees because he pretty much let's them do whatever they want. That doesn't make him a good manager.

I hope I'm wrong but I can't see this hiring working out. I was already planning on cutting back from seeing 20 games at Nationwide to 10 or so this upcoming season but that might end up being 5 or less if this team ends up being the clown show on ice that this upcoming season is looking like.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
We have a department manager at work that is loved by his employees because he pretty much let's them do whatever they want. That doesn't make him a good manager.

I hope I'm wrong but I can't see this hiring working out. I was already planning on cutting back from seeing 20 games at Nationwide to 10 or so this upcoming season but that might end up being 5 or less if this team ends up being the clown show on ice that this upcoming season is looking like.
He wouldn't be where he's at today if he wasn't capable in all facets of coaching.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
+1 for him wanting the job after watching Torts shadow dance through the past season. Hopeful that we get some possession offense and stability in our lines so that chemistry actually has a chance to develop. & last I checked PLD still sucks

Sam of Montreal

May 5, 2007
Good luck to the guy. I don't know him, but I always prefer seeing a new coach than teams recycling old farts.

Good that it also comes from within the organisation. I think they have to trust the youth anyway, so it's unlikely that they will contend right away. They can take their time to see who is best in that role. Maybe he is just there to develop the kids..

Reactions: generalshepherd141

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad