GDT: Blue Jackets @ Devils - 7:00 PM - MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Great win.

Hughes and Bratt are as Erika said, playing at another level. Really solid effort from the rest of the lineup.

Needed that kind of game from Blackwood. The team needed it. He needed it.

A game like this is evidence of why you don't give up on the season. Whether or not we have a realistic chance to get back in it. It's important that these guys play games like they matter.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Great win.

Hughes and Bratt are as Erika said, playing at another level. Really solid effort from the rest of the lineup.

Needed that kind of game from Blackwood. The team needed it. He needed it.

A game like this is evidence of why you don't give up on the season. Whether or not we have a realistic chance to get back in it. It's important that these guys play games like they matter.

It doesn't matter if they are almost certainly going to fall short.

Winning games like this is huge for them either way. They need to believe even a little bit to help them learn to win.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
The extended holiday break may have been a blessing disguise re: Hughes and his shoulder. Looks like a different player.
Not just for him, but it let the team get away from the stink for a bit and come back with clearer heads.

But absolutely not a coincidence that we were winless before that break and have won 4 of 5 since.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Not just for him, but it let the team get away from the stink for a bit and come back with clearer heads.

But absolutely not a coincidence that we were winless before that break and have won 4 of 5 since.

Get over whatever illness was in the locker room too. You could tell how lethargic they looked that they were exhausted

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
Aside from the obvious guys, I thought Nico and Bastian had strong games as well. They could be a solid duo during this time where we’re missing some guys in the lineup.

Bastian really has impressed me with doing so many little thing well on a consistent basis.

The Hischier line was great. They crushed the Blue Jackets in every single fancy stat metric.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Aside from the obvious guys, I thought Nico and Bastian had strong games as well. They could be a solid duo during this time where we’re missing some guys in the lineup.

Bastian really has impressed me with doing so many little thing well on a consistent basis.
I don't understand how Seattle couldn't use him. I understand he is just a 4th liner, but he's a legit good 4th liner.

And he's been a key cog on our PP which has basically turned it around once he was inserted in.

Vesey was really good tonight as well.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don't understand how Seattle couldn't use him. I understand he is just a 4th liner, but he's a legit good 4th liner.

And he's been a key cog on our PP which has basically turned it around once he was inserted in.

Vesey was really good tonight as well.

They have too many middling guys and no where to put them as almost none of them are waiver exempt.

Reactions: devilsblood
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad