GDT: Blue Jackets @ Devils 1pm MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It's amazing how quick we allow an empty net goal when we pull the goalie.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Lol no he isnt.

Yes he is. He's averaged 0.56 points per game over his career, which is a 46 point per 82 game pace, while being an elite defensive player. He's not an elite centerman like the players you named and not a single person has claimed as such.

The narrative that he is some sort of savior for this team is another one as well.

No one has claimed this. Stop using straw men.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Secondly we are way too small at forward.

12 of the forwards are 6'0 - 6'0+. This team doesn't need hulking forwards with a ton of weight on them. The league is moving away from that. The best teams have fast skilled forwards, small and big.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
Schneider is a dime a dozen in this league

I've never been a fan of him being an elite goalie as some on here claim. In order to be that he needs to string together consecutive great seasons, as of now he has 1 good one, and a pathetic one....so an average goalie at best

Devilswede

Dec 10, 2006
Hall is such a major disappointment. Now I see why he's only on losing teams. His attitude and lackadasical play irks the hell out of me and has been like that the whole year.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
It's all good we don't want wins. Keep your eyes in the ball. This team needs to add some size up front badley. As much as we needed speed two years ago that's how we need size. Building a team requires finding what you lack.

Skill is what they need more than anything

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Yes he is. He's averaged 0.56 points per game over his career, which is a 46 point per 82 game pace, while being an elite defensive player. He's not an elite centerman like the players you named and not a single person has claimed as such.

He isn't an elite defensive center. He's a really good defensive center. And no, he isn't bergeron-light.

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Hall is such a major disappointment. Now I see why he's only on losing teams. His attitude and lackadasical play irks the hell out of me and has been like that the whole year.

Lmao Mr. Devilswede strikes again. You hyped up EVERYONE over the summer. Now everyone sucks and there is zero future. :laugh:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I still say we look a lot better without DSP in the lineup.

As much as I can't stand Pietila and Coleman and their complete lack of skill, we might actually be better off with one of them in the lineup than DSP.

Neither of them score (neither does DSP this year) but neither of them are as big a liability as DSP either.

Hynes only sees that we keep losing, so he'll probably insert DSP into the lineup the second that he's even 75% ready to play.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010

Lol, like one player can turn an entire team around built poorly like the Oilers were and the Devils currently are.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey

Yes Taylor hall is why his teams lose. Care to provide statistical analysis of why this is the case or is it your emotions talking again

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
12 of the forwards are 6'0 - 6'0+. This team doesn't need hulking forwards with a ton of weight on them. The league is moving away from that. The best teams have fast skilled forwards, small and big.

That's on paper. They don't play large. They get bounced off pucks I don't care what the stats say when you can't play along the walls you are small

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
He isn't an elite defensive center. He's a really good defensive center. And no, he isn't bergeron-light.

He's the very definition of what a Bergeon-light is, a player that plays similar to Bergeron and fills a similar role, but isn't as good.

You seem to think Bergeron-light means Bergeron exactly.

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
They actually did not play bad at all today. The Powerplay cost them this game. They did not get outplayed, but it does not matter. You need to look at the future. Blandisi and Zacha had good games. Merrill was more active in the offensive zone. Bennett looks like he can be a contributor in the bottom 6 for the forseeable future.

Draft well, make trades and hope more kids step up in September.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I've never been a fan of him being an elite goalie as some on here claim. In order to be that he needs to string together consecutive great seasons, as of now he has 1 good one, and a pathetic one....so an average goalie at best
You're so wrong, you keep saying this and you're either trolling or you have absolutely ZERO concept of time. No offense, maybe you're old and just forgetting. I get like that too sometimes.

You keep saying he has one good season and one pathetic season and that he hasn't strung together consecutive good seasons yet and that isn't true.

What the hell do you call 14-15 and 15-16? Were those not TWO CONSECUTIVE GREAT seasons as a starting goaltender? Where the hell are you getting 1 good one and one pathetic one from? That's more like two GREAT seasons and one pathetic one. And if you wanna count when he started more games than any other goaltender on his team in 13-14 and 12-13 (even though a lockout shortened season) that's an additional 2 good seasons. So give it up man, at least be accurate if you wanna call him out. You're not being accurate at all here, you're either making things up to suit your argument or your memory is shot.

Ya know, the other night I thought maybe I was a bit of a dick to you and got a little hotheaded. Now I'm not thinking that so much, because this is one of the multiple times you've said he's not strung together two good seasons and it's completely and utterly false. Either just a mistake (and a constant mistake) by you or you're completely making it up to suit your argument. And since it's become constant, I'm thinking it may not be a mistake.
ROFLMAOLOL

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
Blandisi line was fantastic. Zacha looked good. Severson was fantastic. Greene play his best game in months.

Some positives to take out of this, but the deficiencies of our team continue to remain. Need top level talent bad. And Schneider has been brutal. He needs to be better.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
And defense and goaltending and scoring. Other than that we r right there

We need star players. We'll get those through the draft. The rest is about finding the right young complimentary players to fill out the core. That's what we're doing right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad