Post-Game Talk: Blue Jackets at Rangers 12/12/2013

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Kreider is 10 months younger than Stepan. I don't hold it against Stepan that he showed NHL ability earlier than Kreider. Kreider may end up better, but that is far from a given, and aside from a relatively small sample size, Kreider has only shown glimpses. Stepan has already shown he can put a good season together.

Kreider is bigger and faster but Stepan is a very smart player. I hope they both turn out great.

My only point is that those here who think Kreider is untouchable and that losing Stepan would be no big deal are dealing more with hope for the newer player than what we have seen so far.

Mostly because Kreider is a rookie who hasn't had a real chance at the NHL level until AV, whereas Step has had several years at the NHL level. Yet, they look exactly the same on the ice.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I'm curious as to why Hagelin seems to get a pass around here. He has done nothing except skate fast. When he stays on his skates that is.

Skates fast
Kills penalties
Has averaged .5 ppg in his career without being a power play producer.

What you're seeing as a dip from Hagelin is just the stink from the team as a whole spilling over onto players. I can't imagine how Zucc would be doing if we were playing well.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Team is drowning, and instead of taking a sec to figure out which way the bubbles are floating, they're just lazily swimming deeper towards the bottom.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Mostly because Kreider is a rookie who hasn't had a real chance at the NHL level until AV, whereas Step has had several years at the NHL level. Yet, they look exactly the same on the ice.

Their games are nothing alike.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
Av should mabye consider putting Nash-Richards-Zucc on a line. They had som really good games this spring under Torts. And Maybe Zuccs good play can get Nash going. The Rangers need Nash going. Period. Without him as a consistent player, there will be no playoffs.

Zucc-Nash-Richards
Kreider-Stepan-Hagelin

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
#fail

And I don't agree about Hagelin, Stepan, Boyle, Nash.

While I think Nash is overrated and right now under performing; there is no way we replace him without overpaying a UFA or trading away a lot.

I'd also like to keep Staal if he resign.

So your solution is to keep essentially the same core that has not gotten us anywhere over the past few years? It's nonsensical to argue that we should keep the players who have some trade value and only get rid of the ones who have no trade value.

Stall has trade value right now. His value is going to go down a ton after this season becasue of a potentially second long injury in as many years. We missed the boat already on him to move him.

Stepan has one goal in 17 games I think I heard last night and 3 of his goals all came during one game versus the Hurricanes.

Hagelin I am on the fence about but this is the kind of players another GM just might take a chance on. He can stay and I'd be happy but I'd certainly answer the phone about him if another GM made the call.

Boyle is another player another GM might just take a chance on. He's done nothing offensively in years and aside from his good face off skills( not easy to replace honestly), he does not offer a tremendous amount.

Nash would be really hard to trade for a number of reasons but again we need to be open to moving all the pieces right now. I'd have relatively high demands in return but would jump at a chance to get a top draft pick or a somewhat equal swap.

Just giving up the obvious players is not the hard part. It is these fringe guys that have to be considered at this stage. We have seen what this team can do as currently constituted for enough time now! I'm not advocating trades just for trades sake but we do have to be open to moving most everyone on the team!

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Av should mabye consider putting Nash-Richards-Zucc on a line. They had som really good games this spring under Torts. And Maybe Zuccs good play can get Nash going. The Rangers need Nash going. Period. Without him as a consistent player, there will be no playoffs.

Zucc-Nash-Richards
Kreider-Stepan-Hagelin

Has Hagelin ever played RW?

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
Every ex Ranger plays great when they come and play against the Rangers. Rick Nash plays his first game against his ex team and looks lost out there. Imagine if he went from the Rangers to another team, he would play out of his mind. Lost to yet another third string goalie.

Everything you wrote here, points to The Rangers are too comfortably. A little bit more luxury than other teams, in a city of opportunities , bars, jet set life ect.

Maybe they have too good lives, and some of them are loaded and set for life. Why work there ass#s off every night.

Have some pride, play for the jersey.

Punxrocknyc19*

Everything you wrote here, points to The Rangers are too comfortably. A little bit more luxury than other teams, in a city of opportunities , bars, jet set life ect.

Maybe they have too good lives, and some of them are loaded and set for life. Why work there ass#s off every night.

Have some pride, play for the jersey.

would that explain their on ice play?? maybe they drink before the games :help::shakehead

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013

Zucc-Nash-Richards
Kreider-Stepan-Hagelin

Its worth trying.

Hagelin also needs to be put into a position to get some production going, he cant have much confidence left considering the drought he's in, plus the fact that he's been playing third line for ages. I'm starting to feel really bad for him

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Accepted to college in NYC today.

Now I can continue following this train wreck on ice for years to come!

If you go to school in Manhattan you can hang around MSG and watch the waves of disappointed fans pile into the cabs down 8th ave :laugh:.

Congrats on your acceptance though! College is fun, sometimes.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
You have all good point, including the bolded. But when you say "so far" I think you mean so far in his career. The best thing that can happen to CBJ is Gaborik getting hurt.

By "so far" I meant as a Blue Jacket, to be honest, I didn't follow him much before that, so I'm basing it on what I have seen since he came here, which isn't much. He seems to chip in goals against the garbage teams and disappears against the good teams. We had a home and home with Pitt earlier this season and he had zero shots on goal in both games...I like a tough team and giving up Dorse for him was bad, in my opinion. I think he floats his way to the deadline and they trade him for a pick or two and dump that huge salary. Too many of our young players were standing around waiting for him to do something and they have stepped up since his injury. I haven't missed him one bit. He's supposed to be back next week, I hope he starts driving the net harder and going to the greasy areas, he isn't beating anyone wide or one on one anymore.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
By "so far" I meant as a Blue Jacket, to be honest, I didn't follow him much before that, so I'm basing it on what I have seen since he came here, which isn't much. He seems to chip in goals against the garbage teams and disappears against the good teams. We had a home and home with Pitt earlier this season and he had zero shots on goal in both games...I like a tough team and giving up Dorse for him was bad, in my opinion. I think he floats his way to the deadline and they trade him for a pick or two and dump that huge salary. Too many of our young players were standing around waiting for him to do something and they have stepped up since his injury. I haven't missed him one bit. He's supposed to be back next week, I hope he starts driving the net harder and going to the greasy areas, he isn't beating anyone wide or one on one anymore.

Good luck with that, I'm pretty sure Gáborík hasn't driven to the net once since his 40 goal season two years ago.

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
would that explain their on ice play?? maybe they drink before the games :help::shakehead

They don't need to play there ***** off. They are loaded and it's not so important to get another huge contract.
My guess is Nash,Beaver and Hank.
Lets hope they got some pride, and play hard for the jersey.
I know, Glenn isn't responsible for Nash's contract, but he is loaded anyway, no matter who wrote his last contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad