GDT: Blue Jackets at Islanders - 12/29 @ 7:30 Rumor has it there’s a game tonight

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
Why are people acting like this year is something new??

For me at least the difference between last years team and this years team is like night and day, despite the results not being that much different. Last year's team looked like a crappy young team with good heart, on a trajectory towards something better. They sucked defensively but at least they were firing offensively and perhaps more importantly had no give up in them. It looked like a group of guys who kept playing for each other no matter what.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Why are people acting like this year is something new??
They haven’t looked this consistently helpless since Scott Arniel. Even the final season with torts the team wasn’t this helpless. (Close, though.)

So it is new. Especially when compared to last season.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
I'm a glutton for punishment...I look forward to seeing the boys here in a couple weeks..and booking flights to see them in Toronto in February...

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
This is why I hate a pseudo tank job. I want the Team to be competitive and win. If you read the Florida Panthers posts about what has happened to the Panthers. There are many parallels - bad/mediocre coaching, injuries, starting goalie mediocre/poor play and bad defense (to sum it up). I believe I even saw you @Fro post there.

Reactions: VT and Fro

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I have to be honest with my fellow CBJers.

I’ve been a fan of hockey my whole life, every year I get the package to be able to watch every single team play whenever I want. this year was no different. I’ve missed probably a total of 3 blue jackets games in the past 5 years leading up to this year. I watched every game this year up until December.
my interest in watching this team has diminished immensely.. after only missing 3 or so games in the past 5 years, i’ve now missed every game since December hit… hate to admit it but by choice.

and as my interest in watching this jackets team has diminished entirely, my interest in watching hockey has diminished too. funny how those two tie in together, atleast for me.

that’s why I haven’t been around on our boards at all anymore.

call me a fair weather fan because I guess that is the definition? it’s just.. I care so much about this organization, growing up with it, that it has actually brought my mood down after losses in the past. we saw a glimmer of hope and officially got out of the ‘laughing stock of the NHL’ label in the spring of 2019.. but, as fast as we rose from the ashes of year-after-year suckiness, we’ve reverted back to it and actually worse.

how’s the old saying go? “in order to get better things sometimes have to get worse” man… this time around when things start to get better, I hope our ‘better’ becomes our best. this fanbase deserves it so so so much.

at this point I’m rooting for loss after loss in hopes that we better our chances of landing the number one pick.. but even then our chances our zilch according to @Viqsi ;)

just wish we could press a fast forward button so bad to the trade deadline day. let it play out. then immediately hit the fast forward button to the draft. ah, I so wish.

anyways, hope you all have had a happy holidays and if not, i’m hoping life treats you more than fair in the coming new year!!
Look at it as we are making an investment.. to play for the cup you need to have elite talent … we have lots of top 9 players …Gaudreau, Laine , Marchenko , KJ , Chinakov , Jiricek, Werenski, with Svozil and Mateychuk not far behind .. that’s a pretty solid core … add a true #1 Center in Bedard, Fantelli to the mix … I’ll gladly lose every remaining game for that opportunity .

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
All my teams suck

Swansea > relegated and never going to make it back to EPL
Oklahoma Sooners > 6-6 and about to move to the SEC
CBJ > yikes
Reds > maybe worse?
Yeah, been there for a long time...

Mets (until Cohen took over they have been a train wreck)
CBJ - most disappointing as I'm heavily invested in this team (financially and fanatically - although that's been squelched this year)
NY Jets (maybe finally turning a corner?)

Wasn't a college football fan growing up in NY and only saw Alabama (Bear Bryant and Joe Namath) or ND on TV so became an OSU fan when I moved to Columbus in 1990 after college. While they still break my heart, they are expected winners every year.

Wife used to be a CBJ fan when they entered the league but she lost interest years ago with all the losing and now the reality is we aren't renewing our season tickets after being a Day 1 season ticket holder. Very few of us left.... I don't see any significant change for 3 years at this point and I'll still cheer but it will be from home.

Reactions: Cowumbus

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Look at it as we are making an investment.. to play for the cup you need to have elite talent … we have lots of top 9 players …Gaudreau, Laine , Marchenko , KJ , Chinakov , Jiricek, Werenski, with Svozil and Mateychuk not far behind .. that’s a pretty solid core … add a true #1 Center in Bedard, Fantelli to the mix … I’ll gladly lose every remaining game for that opportunity .
"If you lean on your gamling addiction, it'll cure your depression."

Yeah no.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Wife used to be a CBJ fan when they entered the league but she lost interest years ago with all the losing and now the reality is we aren't renewing our season tickets after being a Day 1 season ticket holder. Very few of us left.... I don't see any significant change for 3 years at this point and I'll still cheer but it will be from home.
:(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad