GDT: blue flame

Status
Not open for further replies.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
I don't. Last time we played them they were a different team. Johnny Hockey was completely invisible(I'm fairly certain I wondered aloud in the GDT if he was even playing) and now he's one of their better players. They believe in themselves and are battling for a playoff spot. I think they'll come out very hard. I expect a Blues OT/SO victory.

Looks like you were wrong :sarcasm:

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
great all around team win tonight. goaltending was great, defense shut them down and our forwards got some timely goals.

taylord22

Mar 30, 2009
I'm amazed at how much of an identity Bortuzzo and Lindbohm had in one game. Calgary didn't have many answers tonight, but I'll be anxious to see that pairing a few more times before the PO start.

Blues88

Apr 27, 2009
St. Louis
Just a great team performance all around. They didn't let off the pedal much at all and that's all we can ask for.

Lindbohm was incredible tonight. Good feel for the game and great positioning. He also isn't afraid to eat it along the wall if a play isn't there exiting the zone and he's facing a lot of pressure. I respect the **** out of that and think its smart hockey.

Rolled 4 lines, no weak links, Elliott was great, and things are right with the world.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Hiller was actually good tonight. This game could of had a Vladitrick too. But he'll be content playing great hockey and maintaining his mediocre PPG pace.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Hiller was actually good tonight. This game could of had a Vladitrick too. But he'll be content playing great hockey and maintaining his mediocre PPG pace.

Don't look now, but Vladi is only 4 points behind the leader (JT) in the race for the Art Ross Trophy. Odd that he's been able to keep pace given that he hasn't really been on a tear in a while. One more good push in the last 12 games and we may have the first ART winner ever. Wouldn't it be nice if 2 trophies were raised by the Note this year for the first time ever? :handclap: :handclap:

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Man, it felt like Jaskin, Bortuzzo and Lindbohm were out there the whole game. Jaskin has become a trusted player. Plenty of prime PP time. It's just great to see a couple rookie players establish roles as contributors this season. I'm especially thrilled with Lindbohm's trajectory.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Don't look now, but Vladi is only 4 points behind the leader (JT) in the race for the Art Ross Trophy. Odd that he's been able to keep pace given that he hasn't really been on a tear in a while. One more good push in the last 12 games and we may have the first ART winner ever. Wouldn't it be nice if 2 trophies were raised by the Note this year for the first time ever? :handclap: :handclap:
He's turned a corner since that Minnesota gaff that put the game away. He's been so much better in his own zone these last 2 games. I think we'll see him turn it up in the last couple weeks. I mean there are 2 Chicago games for him to stomp a mud hole in :).

It's going to be a hell of a Art Ross race, but with the guys up there, making up ground may be too much. But as you said....a couple dominant games and he's right there.

Boy that trophy is gonna cost Army alot

taylord22

Mar 30, 2009

Pretty impressive. I hope Vladi realizes that his shot curl is almost rhythmic and other teams are tuning into it. A slight change in tendency would probably go a long way in avoiding some of those direct blocks.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012

I didn't even realize he was that close because I really couldn't fathom a Blues player winning it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad