GDT: blue flame

Status
Not open for further replies.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Mauled them last time. I expect another mauling

I don't. Last time we played them they were a different team. Johnny Hockey was completely invisible(I'm fairly certain I wondered aloud in the GDT if he was even playing) and now he's one of their better players. They believe in themselves and are battling for a playoff spot. I think they'll come out very hard. I expect a Blues OT/SO victory.

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
I remember that game 2 years ago when we've lost 2-3 and Iginla scored the game winner. What a weak goal that was. My butt still hurts.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
I'll be at the game tonight, my one chance to see the Blues live a year. Hope we come out with a strong effort.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I was at that one in all you can eat seats. I should probably hit up stubhub and southwest and make a quick trip, eh?
:yo: i was there too, let's go!
I don't. Last time we played them they were a different team. Johnny Hockey was completely invisible(I'm fairly certain I wondered aloud in the GDT if he was even playing) and now he's one of their better players. They believe in themselves and are battling for a playoff spot. I think they'll come out very hard. I expect a Blues OT/SO victory.
No doubt they are a desperate team, but they were absolutely outmatched by a semi sleepy Blues team. While Gardreau is turned it on, they are missing Giordano. Blues are starting to get the ball rolling. I don't expect it to be a blow out, just a dominant game

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
Can someone explain me this?
Why stupid? Am I missing some recent or not so recent event? Or is it because STL is considered some kind of redneck Midwestern town?
I am confused.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Lines

Steen Backes Oshie
Schwartz Lehtera Tarasenko
Berglund-Stastny-Jaskin
Porter Ott Reaves

Gunnarsson Pietrangelo
Bouwmeester Michalek
Lindbohm Bortuzzo. Death to the flames pairing

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
don't mind the strategy of rotating guys in and out on the bottom pairing and lines. Gives everyone rest and creates competition.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I'd honestly rather see

Gunnarsson Pietrangelo
Bouwmeester Bortuzzo
Lindbohm Michalek

Balance it out a little bit.

It's kinda ridiculous that there is a Kevin Shattenkirk soon to be available for this line up soon. It doesn't even look bad at all now

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
After a strong showing on the PK, I'm surprised that Goc is again the man out. I wouldn't mind seeing Reaves take a game off, he hasn't been nearly as effective in the forechecking department recently.

Nice to see our top 9 go back to normal for a game, let them all get some mojo back before we tweak everything again.

Also, that chart is pretty funny. I like the Kings one, and also the Nashville/Minny ones.

PitchDoug

Nov 27, 2011
I'm listening to 101 ESPN right now and they're speculating, after seeing that Jax is sitting tonight, that once Shattenkirk comes back, jackman could be the odd man out - to keep the physicality of Bortuzzo. I've been curious about this - whether we'd sit our longest blue/assistant captain, during the height of the season.

I dont see it happening right now but mostly because of the Left/Right pairings. Jackman would seem to be 3rd on the left side depth chart with Bortuzzo sitting at 4th on the right side. Seemed like Armstrong/Hitch really like having a left hander paired with a right hander on defense (which I believe is the normal preference, and can understand numerous reasons why that is so, but I'll leave the coaching X and Os to others)

Last edited:

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I'm listening to 101 ESPN right now and they're speculating, after seeing that Jax is sitting tonight, that once Shattenkirk comes back, jackman could be the odd man out - to keep the physicality of Bortuzzo. I've been curious about this - whether we'd sit our longest blue/assistant captain, during the height of the season.

I dont see it happening right now but mostly because of the Left/Right pairings. Jackman would seem to be 3rd on the left side depth chart with Bortuzzo sitting at 4th on the right side.

My initial thoughts when I saw that Jax was sitting tonight was to rest him/get others some work since he have 8 NHL caliber d-men (soon to be 9) but I suppose my speculation is no more valid than their speculation. I guess we'll see!

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
My initial thoughts when I saw that Jax was sitting tonight was to rest him/get others some work since he have 8 NHL caliber d-men (soon to be 9) but I suppose my speculation is no more valid than their speculation. I guess we'll see!

You're wrong there. You are using what's been happening the past games as evidence and I'll take your hockey knowledge over ESPN radio's any day.

PitchDoug

Nov 27, 2011

Yeah, this is all speculation. I agree, just a turn of rest.

Supposedly Hitch and Jax were having a long (calm) conversation on the ice at practice today. That was the ESPN guys spring board into speculation land. Which caused me to look up our new L/R combinations :)

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

I dont see it happening right now but mostly because of the Left/Right pairings. Jackman would seem to be 3rd on the left side depth chart with Bortuzzo sitting at 4th on the right side. Seemed like Armstrong/Hitch really like having a left hander paired with a right hander on defense (which I believe is the normal preference, and can understand numerous reasons why that is so, but I'll leave the coaching X and Os to others)

I highly doubt it too. JAX hadn't missed a game. I'd bank of resting him and rotating pairings and seeing what else works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad