GDT: blue coyote

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
Never understood the notion that a team should be expected to play at a high level regardless of the circumstances. It's a nice goal, but it's not realistic.

If key players are out, the quality of play is going to suffer. That's why they are key players. If you could go on without missing a beat, then how much could they really matter?

It's harder to quantify fatigue level since so many things factor into it for each player, but that definitely matters as well. Most of the time our team is accused of not caring or dogging it, they look to me like they are simply out of gas.

When teams meet in the regular season, one is often more rested that the other. In the playoffs, that advantage usually isn't as pronounced (especially in the first round).
With the amount of games they have played and the fact that they have had to travel for everyone of them sans the first game after the break I think assuming fatigue is a big factor in their level of play the last 4 games or so is obvious. This will be the second game that had no travel.

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
I would like to see Butler on the PP. He has shown flashes of being a threat to score and seems to have a decent shot, at least better than the J-Bo.

I would rather see the ghost of Barclay Plager on the powerplay than Butler even sniff any playing time out there on the PP.

I would rather see the ghost of Barclay Plager's great-great grandmother.

Hell, I'd rather see a Murray Barron/Jeff Finley combo back there.

The Grouch

Jan 31, 2009
I would rather see the ghost of Barclay Plager on the powerplay than Butler even sniff any playing time out there on the PP.

I would rather see the ghost of Barclay Plager's great-great grandmother.

Hell, I'd rather see a Murray Barron/Jeff Finley combo back there.

HEY, you could do much worse than Murray Baron!

Edit: It appears you did do much worse than Murray Baron. I haven't thought about Dave Richter in at least 20 years. :D

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
Phoenix got super lucky last night. Hawks had a goal called back in the last minute due to no video evidence and the call on the ice being no goal. But the puck was literally as close to being in or out as it could have been. Had the call on the ice been different, the Yotes don't make OT.

I'm very excited to see this team with a healthy forward lineup again. Rattie was a fun cup of joe, but he isn't ready for a regular NHL shift. Lindstrom needs to go back to Sweden. Porter can't be back soon enough for injury insurance.

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
I've found Ryan Reaves' long-lost sister from Russia.

Too bad she decided to bath with a plugged in iphone power cable.

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
LOL. Some of YOU people act like these guys are cyborgs and aren't susceptible to being human.

As you said, other teams deal with it and a prime example of it was the hawks losing to the Yotes last night. No one is saying the Blues are getting a raw deal in the scheduling, but to ignore their schedule since the All Star break and being down 2 key players. That's just.....hell, idk just silly.

They could write a book of ******** excuses, you keep buying them if you want too

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Some of you people act like the Blues are the only team that deals with this. **** that excuses aren't worth ****
Nobody thinks that other teams don't go through these things as well.

Not sure why you seem to be implying that every team happens to be going through them all at the same time, or equally...especially when it's easy to show that they aren't.

Sometimes one team just has a leg up on the other. You'd like to see your team win anyway, and good teams have to find a way to do that at least occasionally, but expectations for how a team looks should be adjusted when things like this happen.

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii
Which is interesting, since most people that know about these two know very little about women.

Everyone who grew up in the last 20 years knows about them, generalizing a bit too muchmaybe?

I want to drown my sorrows in a blowout (not of the blues)

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
They could write a book of ******** excuses, you keep buying them if you want too

I'm not sure who "they" are, because in the post game none of the Blues blamed fatigue, even when asked directly.

They are human, they can't be 100% every game.

Now tonight......there absolutely zero excuses to lose this game outside of our top 6 getting injured

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
Best of luck guys. Just a warning, the Coyotes are awful. Don't be deceived by that Chicago win. This should be painless and boring.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
terrible read by butler and soft goaltending by allen. 3rd game in a row where we fall behind.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
Butler needs to play the pass there. Laying out like that won't stop a saucer pass and it just makes things difficult on Allen. Allen got caught cheating there, but when you have to play the shot and the pass because your defenseman chose horribly, that'll happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad