GDT: blue coyote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Finally playing a team that is as tired as the Blues. It was the 5th game in 8 days when the Blues played a rested Hawks team.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Never understood the notion that a team should be expected to play at a high level regardless of the circumstances. It's a nice goal, but it's not realistic.

If key players are out, the quality of play is going to suffer. That's why they are key players. If you could go on without missing a beat, then how much could they really matter?

It's harder to quantify fatigue level since so many things factor into it for each player, but that definitely matters as well. Most of the time our team is accused of not caring or dogging it, they look to me like they are simply out of gas.

When teams meet in the regular season, one is often more rested that the other. In the playoffs, that advantage usually isn't as pronounced (especially in the first round).

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Never understood the notion that a team should be expected to play at a high level regardless of the circumstances. It's a nice goal, but it's not realistic.

If key players are out, the quality of play is going to suffer. That's why they are key players. If you could go on without missing a beat, then how much could they really matter?

It's harder to quantify fatigue level since so many things factor into it for each player, but that definitely matters as well. Most of the time our team is accused of not caring or dogging it, they look to me like they are simply out of gas.

When teams meet in the regular season, one is often more rested that the other. In the playoffs, that advantage usually isn't as pronounced (especially in the first round).
Logic can not exist on HF......

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL

Your logic has no place in our world wide web of often times irrational, all encompassing pity party play-land.

Lets Go Blues.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Go blues...we are not tired, we are never tired, we are professional athletes which means we are robots who don't have lives outside of our sport and never run out of energy!!!!!

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Go blues...we are not tired, we are never tired, we are professional athletes which means we are robots who don't have lives outside of our sport and never run out of energy!!!!!
hockey.jpg

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Technically Masterchief is still "human".

And why in the world is that an existing drawing? Lol

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
The trainees called him a robot in Forward Unto Dawn. ;)

It exists because it is awesome, and awesome things should exist.

The mini series? I guess I missed that part lol. Great little movie. He's definitely Captain America with a kick ass suit

I must agree

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I've noticed a tendency on this forum to say "us" and "we" when talking about the Blues. Historically, the commentary has been more detached, with posters not using verbiage as though they are part of the team. But it seems like more and more these days, its "we" and "us".

I suspect that correlates with emotional posting as well, but not sure.

The Blues really need a nice solid win. I'm glad Arizona beat Chicago last night, but I hope they don't get any funny ideas about the Blues. The last time the Blues played them, I felt like Coyotes never expected to win and were simply going through the motions.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
JR tweeted

SOB
STL
PBJ
GOR

Butler Pietrangelo
Bouwmeester Gunnarsson
Jackman Cole

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
Bout time Bouw got knocked lower. Hopefully playing against lesser competition will allow him to re-establish his game.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Arizona should be dog -pun very intended- tired after going to a shootout last night in Chicago. Great to see Jori back in the lineup and I'm not upset with JBow at least starting the game on that second pair. This is a game the Blues should win.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
The good thing about the Blues is you never have to make excuses for them, because they always beat teams that are worse than them and always lose to teams that are better than them. So really you can just predict it before it happens.

I've seen people blame the schedule for every loss against the Blackhawks. It's so cute. :laugh:

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
So a team that can never beat dem Hawks even at home will play a team that just beat dem Hawks on the road.
Coyotes 147
Blues 0

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
I'll be at the game tonight so when I don't show up to the GDT don't blame it on me only coming to HF to complain when we're losing

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
JR tweeted

SOB
STL
PBJ
GOR

Butler Pietrangelo
Bouwmeester Gunnarsson
Jackman Cole

wait.... steen-backes-oshie, Lehtera/Schwartz-Stastny/Lehtera-Tarasenko???, Porter-Berglund-JaskiN????, Ott-goc-Reaves???

Where's schwartz/Steen???????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad