GDT: blue bruin

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
If we took the West we'd draw LA.

Feels dirty rooting for the Avs, but Chicago is losing 2 pts tonight.
Damn, I hadnt checked that. Well it seems they will have to exorcise demons no matter what.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
BTW, I'm not one of those people who root against Elliott. I like Elliott, just think Allen is better.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
That's fine. I just think he has quicker reflexes and better rebound control. I think he is the real deal. Just needs more experience.

Elliot is certainly the better goalie at this point. The numbers acurately tell the story. Elliot has greater periods of consistency, faces better competition and carries better stats playing in front of the same team.

Part of the reason Elliot never got much recognition in the past was because of his solid but not flashy play. He also doesn't have "gifted" skills. He isn't lightening fast laterally, he doesn't have nimble legs, nor a flashy glove. However, his learned traits make him a solid starter. His positioning is top notch and makes his play look less spectacular, but very effective.

Jake has gifts. His reflexes are above average, he is aggressive (though he better needs to learn how to use this trait). He overcomes his, at times, faulty positioning and over committal with his athleticism. But, sometimes his aggressive nature gets the best of him. He also has a penchant to loose focus, though these lapses don't tend to last too long.

Brian is not as gifted but he has learned the position to the point where he is rarely out of position. As Jake gains those abilities he will close the gap and surpass Elliot if he can stay mentally sharp and positive. Until then, he is a step behind.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Elliot is certainly the better goalie at this point. The numbers acurately tell the story. Elliot has greater periods of consistency, faces better competition and carries better stats playing in front of the same team.

Part of the reason Elliot never got much recognition in the past was because of his solid but not flashy play. He also doesn't have "gifted" skills. He isn't lightening fast laterally, he doesn't have nimble legs, nor a flashy glove. However, his learned traits make him a solid starter. His positioning is top notch and makes his play look less spectacular, but very effective.

Jake has gifts. His reflexes are above average, he is aggressive (though he better needs to learn how to use this trait). He overcomes his, at times, faulty positioning and over committal with his athleticism. But, sometimes his aggressive nature gets the best of him. He also has a penchant to loose focus, though these lapses don't tend to last too long.

Brian is not as gifted but he has learned the position to the point where he is rarely out of position. As Jake gains those abilities he will close the gap and surpass Elliot if he can stay mentally sharp and positive. Until then, he is a step behind.

well said

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
If the playoffs started today, I'm starting Elliott. But the gap is closing

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train

That seems like a pretty accurate assessment to me and I would agree with you there. If Binngington and Husso continue playing well we might be set in goal for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00