GDT: blue bruin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
These next three home games are huge, we need to win at least 2/3 to stay within striking distance of first and all three are quality opponents. Really want to see a consistent 60 minute effort.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Nobody should be worried about the Blues showing a 60-minute effort. They have already proven they will do that in the playoffs. That has never been a problem, because against both the Blackhawks and Kings the last 2 years, the tempo was cranked up big time and the Blues kept pace. It's just a matter of scoring timely goals when it matters.

Nothing the Blues do for the rest of the regular season will change my opinion about them except for winning that final game they have left in Chicago. Pretty much everything else doesn't matter to me. I just want them to pick up as many points as possible, but don't care how they do it. I've been critical of them against the top dogs, but that doesn't mean they aren't still a good team. And whether they're sloppy or not right now will have zero impact on how they perform in the playoffs. Zero. Just like losing 6 in a row to end last year's season didn't carry over.

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014

execwrite

May 4, 2002
Peekskill, NY
Visit site
Nobody should be worried about the Blues showing a 60-minute effort. They have already proven they will do that in the playoffs. That has never been a problem, because against both the Blackhawks and Kings the last 2 years, the tempo was cranked up big time and the Blues kept pace. It's just a matter of scoring timely goals when it matters.

Nothing the Blues do for the rest of the regular season will change my opinion about them except for winning that final game they have left in Chicago. Pretty much everything else doesn't matter to me. I just want them to pick up as many points as possible, but don't care how they do it. I've been critical of them against the top dogs, but that doesn't mean they aren't still a good team. And whether they're sloppy or not right now will have zero impact on how they perform in the playoffs. Zero. Just like losing 6 in a row to end last year's season didn't carry over.

Agreed - except their playoff life will be a little easier if they could pass Nashville. I'm not giving up on that yet.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
As crazy as it sounds I wouldn't mind splitting up the STL line like Jeremy Rutherford mentioned in his chat. The STL has really been struggling even before the Lehtera injury. Berglund while not being nearly as skilled as Schwartz has the ability to open up space for Lehtera and Vladi to do their magic. While Schwartz would give Stastny a shooter line, sort of spreading out the wealth.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Berglund Lehterä Tarasenko wasn't a good line.

I just don't get it...both lines have great chemistry as they are, why mess with it?

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
i think jaskin lehtera and frank, then 17-26-21 would be better to try IF they wanna switch it up

It would be worth trying. Jaskin could crash and bang for L/T. STL line has been too reliant on skill and have simply been out muscled.

I wonder if Frank will adopt a more Ovechkin game and act like a power forward. Ovie is a damn bull and I think Frank could benefit from using heavy frame and just blow through defenders. They've done a good job at checking his skill game and not letting him get shots off from the top if the circles

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Berglund Lehterä Tarasenko wasn't a good line.

I just don't get it...both lines have great chemistry as they are, why mess with it?

I wasn't really talking about a permanent change as I think the lines we currently run should be what we go into the PO with. I was more thinking along the lines next time we need an in game shakeup. I also really like MIs post about putting Jaskin with the Lehtera-Tarasenko.

panthertod

Mar 9, 2004
Panthers fans are asking you to get this done in regulation!!! No giving the Bruins any OT points please!!

Twisted Blue

Feb 4, 2013
St. Louis
BLUES' PROJECTED LINEUP

Forwards

Alexander Steen-David Backes-T.J. Oshie

Jaden Schwartz-Jori Lehtera-Vladimir Tarasenko

Dmitrij Jaskin-Paul Stastny-Patrik Berglund

Steve Ott-Marcel Goc-Ryan Reaves

Defensemen

Jay Bouwmeester-Alex Pietrangelo

Carl Gunnarsson-Petteri Lindbohm

Barret Jackman-Ian Cole

Goalie

Jake Allen

BRUINS' PROJECTED LINEUP

Forwards

Milan Lucic-David Krejci-David Pastrnak

Brad Marchand-Patrice Bergeron-Reilly Smith

Chris Kelly-Carl Soderberg-Loui Eriksson

Jordan Caron-Gregory Campbell-Brian Ferlin

Defensemen

Matt Bartkowski-Dennis Seidenberg

Zdeno Chara-Dougie Hamilton

Torey Krug-Adam McQuaid

Goalie

Malcolm Subban

RR10*

I'll bring this thread up after the playoff series against Chicago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad