OT: Blue Bombers Thread 2.0 - Home Playoff Game, Nov 12, 330PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
Sorry..that is not what I remember and the stats would seem to back me up..unless you have something other than your opinion that he was good??
We just have to agree to disagree.

Which few years do you refer to? 2011 and?? ...in 2012 we were 7th out of 8 on defense.

JJ is a average corner now nothing more nothing less.

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
I'm going to predict a Riders sweep, and a final order of finish:

Stamps
Eskies
Riders
Bombers
BC sucks

Bombers cross over and lose to Ottawa in the Eastern semi. Calgary beats Ottawa for the Cup on a blown call by an official that Ottawa is unable to challenge. Commissioner Ambrosie will announce soon after that he has heard the fans, and will create an officiating review committee to examine all aspects of rules enforcement over the off season. It will be decided that there will no longer be on-field officials and all calls will be made from the command center, which will be relocated to Thunder Bay to ensure a perception of east-west neutrality. Flags will be thrown on remote command by a small robot on the field that resembles Pikachu.

You heard it here first. :nod:

Advice to you, stick to Pokemon!

Fairview

Jan 30, 2016
ok so your contention is that JJ was never good. He won the DPOY by accident. He always got beat deep. Is it also your contention that CB's should be able to cover deep routes man to man without help over the top without ever getting beat?

I was happy that we moved on from him when we did. Is it your contention that any time a CB gets beat that it is the safety's fault and never the corners?
My feeling is that the Bombers played a pressure defense in those years which helped JJ gets some picks but that defense style was also risky in that it left DB's in man to man alot. I think that highlighted JJ's weakness..man to man.
I think he was an awesome kick returner and that the DPOY is more of a result of the FRC..many of them would only see the Bombers twice a year. They vote on stats (INT) and not necessarily on overall play.
I wish I could agree with you on his superior abilities, as a Bomber fan, that would make me happy..but it is just not what I remember and the stats seem to support my recollection. Other people seem to have different recollections, that will not change my opinion any more than what I say will change your opinion. Let's just drop it and hope that the Bombers can continue on a roll.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Your out to lunch!

Chris Jones a winner? LOL have you been paying ayy nation the last couple years in Regina? The guy is border line Mike Kelly level antics.

Your post is laughable:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Oh yes, Mike Kelly. Those were the days. And Joe Mack at GM and Stefan Lefors at QB?! How could it have gotten any better ?

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Every DB in every pro football or junior football or high school college whatever football league gets beat from time to time. All of them. JJ was very good a few years ago.. Hes lost some speed now tho.. I could have picked off Reilly last game.. Hef was also very good .. Hef JJ Odell and others aka Swaggerville was amazing... You put that D with todays O and we are undefeated...

JJ has lost a step or 2 tho... Id go after him... But we dont play that game... We dont live and die on the big play like Edmonton and BC do... We also dont turn the ball over like they do either.

Sask is ok but they still are the worst team in the west .. Dont let the last 2 games cloud your judgment.. They still have kevin glenn who folds under pressure... Edmonton is all smoke and mirrors.. Duck and chuck O dont work... BC? Well they messed themselves up by screwing with the QBs.. They also both have terrible Olines. We do not. I expect a split the next 2 weeks... I fully expect us to lose in Regina... Why? Cuz historically we do... However... Dont turn the ball over 5 times and we should win cuz overall we are better than Sask is.

Last edited:

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Sorry..that is not what I remember and the stats would seem to back me up..unless you have something other than your opinion that he was good??
We just have to agree to disagree.

Which few years do you refer to? 2011 and?? ...in 2012 we were 7th out of 8 on defense.

2009-11 I believe it was. Why do you keep bringing up team Defense being 7th? What does that have to do with one guy's play? Team stats could be worst but one guy can still have a good season. I watch every game every year and remember him having 8 or 9 picks one of those years, he was a stud that season, one of the best in the league.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
I'd be shocked if either team gets a sweep of Labour day/banjo bowl.

Which makes that week 2 win all the more sweet to lock down the tie breaker.

So would you guys rather have 2nd in west, or 4th in west?

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I'd be shocked if either team gets a sweep of Labour day/banjo bowl.

Which makes that week 2 win all the more sweet to lock down the tie breaker.

So would you guys rather have 2nd in west, or 4th in west?

I want a home playoff game! I still think Ottawa wins the East so winning there in the East final would be no easier than winning in Calgary IMO. Well, maybe a little easier but not easy.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
When are Dressler and Wild coming back? And who are we gonna take out of the lineup for them?

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
When are Dressler and Wild coming back? And who are we gonna take out of the lineup for them?

Wild will likely come in for Santos-Knox who has been mostly a backup LB to this point. If they continue to go Thomas/Ekaktie at DL, Hurl likely moves to backup spot at MLB for Knox, and Wild slides into Knoxes spot.

For Dressler I imagine they will have to just sit Flanders back down for him. That's the way they started the year and I don't see much in the way of other options. Other options would include giving Fogg all the returner duties and sitting Lankford (considering Fogg is now starting on defense I don't think likely) or sitting Thorpe.

Dressler will play in Labour Day. Not sure about Wild.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Wild will likely come in for Santos-Knox who has been mostly a backup LB to this point. If they continue to go Thomas/Ekaktie at DL, Hurl likely moves to backup spot at MLB for Knox, and Wild slides into Knoxes spot.

For Dressler I imagine they will have to just sit Flanders back down for him. That's the way they started the year and I don't see much in the way of other options. Other options would include giving Fogg all the returner duties and sitting Lankford (considering Fogg is now starting on defense I don't think likely) or sitting Thorpe.

PLEASE for the love of everything keep a Canadian on the DL, and get Hurl out of there. And for Dressler coming in I would sit Thorpe. I've heard Denmark's name come up as well as a potential sittee.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
PLEASE for the love of everything keep a Canadian on the DL, and get Hurl out of there. And for Dressler coming in I would sit Thorpe. I've heard Denmark's name come up as well as a potential sittee.

Sitting Denmark rather than Flanders, Thorpe, or Lankford would be a big mistake, IMO.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Someone was talking about Randle being too small, not good enough before. Randle might be the best corner in the league, cfl.ca agrees with me.

https://www.cfl.ca/2017/08/28/landrys-5-takeaways-week-10/

They’ve known all about that in Winnipeg for a few years, now. Insistent about it and for good reason. Chris Randle, the shutdown corner’s shutdown corner has often been one of those guys that doesn’t, you know, POP all the time. Just goes about his business of covering a receiver so adhesively that opposing quarterbacks don’t often see the point of throwing over there. ‘Cause Chris Randle is very, very good. Thursday night in Montreal he was very, very good again only this time he POPPED.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg

Knox won't be playing MLB. Positionally he's struggling at WIL big time and really the only thing he does well is blitz. I think he'll come straight off the roster for Wild as Santos-Knox is something special on teams and getting more and more reps at MIKE in 30 fronts. He's your MLB prospect. I think Wild is out for awhile yet though.

Dressler comes in for Lankford I think. Hard to roster a guy to return kickoffs. It's a luxury. If the other team isn't scoring on you repeatedly kickoffs don't matter. Nichols and Lankford have never got in sync even when he started a few games. The other receivers are just more diverse in what they can do. Flanders too can do a lot on O. They have him all over as a receiver, tight end, backfield and he can block well enough to do all that. Tons of guys can return kickoffs on the roster, Flanders, Fogg, Thorpe, Denmark, Leggett and more. Punts are what we have to worry about more as there aren't many guys who can handle those aside from Fogg.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Knox won't be playing MLB. Positionally he's struggling at WIL big time and really the only thing he does well is blitz. I think he'll come straight off the roster for Wild as Santos-Knox is something special on teams and getting more and more reps at MIKE in 30 fronts. He's your MLB prospect. I think Wild is out for awhile yet though.

Dressler comes in for Lankford I think. Hard to roster a guy to return kickoffs. It's a luxury. If the other team isn't scoring on you repeatedly kickoffs don't matter. Nichols and Lankford have never got in sync even when he started a few games. The other receivers are just more diverse in what they can do. Flanders too can do a lot on O. They have him all over as a receiver, tight end, backfield and he can block well enough to do all that. Tons of guys can return kickoffs on the roster, Flanders, Fogg, Thorpe, Denmark, Leggett and more. Punts are what we have to worry about more as there aren't many guys who can handle those aside from Fogg.

Yup, good post, we gotta keep Flanders in, no question.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Your out to lunch!

Chris Jones a winner? LOL have you been paying ayy nation the last couple years in Regina? The guy is border line Mike Kelly level antics.

Your post is laughable:laugh::laugh::laugh:

So coaching a team to a Grey Cup doesn't make someone a winner? OK, good to know.

As for his antics, sometimes you gotta push the envelope to give your team a competitive advantage. Antics + success = colourful. Antics alone (a la Kelly) = tiresome. :)

It's taken a while but I think Jones is starting to turn things around in Riderville. I think you take them lightly at your own peril.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Disagree about Calgary. We only lost to them because of our own mistakes. Calgary hasnt looked good the last few weeks.

As for Wild... Hes back on the 6 game so... And when he does come back will take Mike Knox spot... Santos Knox is a special teams demon so id be surprised if they sat him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad