Post-Game Talk: Blots @ Caps - ECF G3

Welp?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HandsomeTom43

May 2, 2018
Pretty much a complete team effort of suck tonight. It is what it is, still time to make adjustments this game and regroup for 4.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Holtby hasn't been great but you can't lose this many battles and expect to win. They've had jump offensively I guess but its application and their overall execution haven't been good. They've had very few slot area chances. Credit TBL for tightening up but the Caps haven't worked nearly hard enough. Their PPs have also been rather uneventful. Holtby should have had one or two but their overall compete level and hockey sense haven't been close to the first two games.

Reactions: Hivemind

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Good, at least this way they won't have a long layoff before the final and get steamrolled by an all cylinder Winnipegas

Win next one, lose the one in Tampa and win game 6 and they are g2g

pocketrockets

Dec 12, 2010
Thought the nbc guys were dead on. Caps are back to their too cool for school- no killer instinct hockey. Our inability to put a series out of reach as plagued us for a decade now.

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
I think its obvious what we got to do. I trust Holtby to rebound.
1.More agressive PK
2.Smarter D-Zone Passing
3.Puck Clearing

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Ovie has yet to arrive and Willy has been ineffective. Kuzy continually penetrates the Bolts zone, looks around and wonders why no one is positioned to benefit from the territory he gains. Eller’s line started well, but had little going in the 2d. Beagle line ineffective and out too much. PK is unable to put any meaningful pressure

Reactions: RandyHolt

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
We won 4 playoff games in a row. Can't win 'em all. Our team play looks like it was hit with the ugly stick.

VnPHgCA.gif

smd333

May 2, 2012
Disappointing effort. Let’s have a good 3rd period build on that for game 4

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
We won 4 playoff games in a row. Can't win 'em all. Our team play looks like it was hit with the ugly stick.

VnPHgCA.gif
Agreed. Beating Pitt and Tampa 4 times in a row is a insane feat.

Caps still in great position and have exceeded expectations. Maybe losing this game and there being tons of Tampa talk about how Tampa is in good shape/etc agai. Is just what Caps need.

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA

VnPHgCA.gif
Yup. There’s another team of talented players on the other side of the rink, a team that’s been to the ECF 3 times in the last 4 years, and for good reason. They’re gonna get their wins, too.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
All types of careless with the puck.

It's almost like the Caps can't really pinpoint why they had been playing well, so when they lose the feel they have nothing to revert to.

CapsDC

May 2, 2018
I feel like I'm in that scene from Office Space sitting across the table from Brooks Orpik, asking him what exactly he does. And then he gets pissed and starts screaming that he's a people person.

His suckage contributed greatly to both their PP goals. I've seen him botch several passes and give the puck away. We're stuck with this boat anchor because of his shitty contact, yeah?

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
I don't expect wins all of the time in the playoffs, that is foolish. However, I do expect the team to play with a particular give a shit level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad