Post-Game Talk: Bloody good game

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I love how Anderson looked all poised and resolute at the start of the game. Then one dirty goal got in, you can see him start to get shaky...and eventually he lost the game in overtime. Classic. And this time you can't blame the defense in front of him.
Andersen has always been like that even when he was a Leafs.
He looks unstoppable till he let in a soft goal and then flood gate opens.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
They did, but I'm just pissed that Andersen rarely, if ever, gave the Leafs a good start too the season and then did just that for Carolina.

Was it a lack of off-season preparation as a Leaf?

It would only have been more of the same if he didn't move on.
I've said it before it is different playing in Toronto, So much scrutiny. Some can handle it.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Not going to give marner props until he does it in the playoffs
We should trade him now while his stock is rising
Just think what we could do with that cap hit
gone.

just doesn’t show up when it counts
Yes thats it, trade one of the best players on our team when we're on a 6 game win streak. holy shit. Where do they get these guys from. Well you might not want to give anyone on the whole damn team props until they do it in the playoffs with your logic.

bbgobie

Sep 19, 2009
I've said it before it is different playing in Toronto, So much scrutiny. Some can handle it.
He has consistently improved his stats to start the season every season. He originally sucked after any sort of extended break but he had been getting better at that. By the time he left there wasn't much of an issue after an extended layoff

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Just read the last couple pages of the Canes GDT. Had no idea they were such a whiney bunch. Not sure why but I had always thought they were one of the better fanbases but they just come across as not really understanding the game very well.

I feel like their Twitter profile is run by someone from their board.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Just read the last couple pages of the Canes GDT. Had no idea they were such a whiney bunch. Not sure why but I had always thought they were one of the better fanbases but they just come across as not really understanding the game very well.
They started a new thread just to complain about reffing.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
They play an aggressive physical game which is bound to get more regular season penalties .. in playoffs none of those same calls get called so it does not matter much .. i kind of thought it was good to see a game called without game management myself .. that was highly unusual .. it actually helped us when Rod went crazy on refs as it likely pissed them off

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Can we all just agree that Freddie is the difference between winning and losing in this game.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I didn't realize that, that is very cool! Incredible that we've had to climb the standings for so long, just to get this close. Damn this division is tough!

Fun fact - last season, LV and COL tied for 1st overall with a .732 PTS% but as of today, our .733 PTS% is only good enough for 2nd in our division and 4th overall. It sure feels like this division is going to be a dogfight until the bitter end, I just hope we save some energy for the playoffs as being well rested and ready to battle is IMO more important than winning the division. Still, would feel pretty good to be in 1st place this late in the season, not sure when the last time was that happened
Winning the division gets us a 1st round matchup of Caps/Bruins and we get to hear the rest cry about Florida/Tampa playing a 1st round matchup. We're going for the crown.

And the last time we were in 1st place this late in the season was, Last Year. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: zeke

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005

Yeah I was looking at their GDT. They weren't just complaining about the Leafs getting the calls but also suggesting refs are all biased towards Canadian teams.:skeptic:. The Habs board used to be that way (ref phobic, not Canadian biased).

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Winning the division gets us a 1st round matchup of Caps/Bruins and we get to hear the rest cry about Florida/Tampa playing a 1st round matchup. We're going for the crown.

And the last time we were in 1st place this late in the season was, Last Year. ;)

I know full well what winning the division gets us and I'm all for it believe me, just as long as we have a full tank and we're ready to go when the playoffs start.

Cool, I didn't realize we were in first this late last season. Not to jinx anything but a more interesting (and much tougher) trivia question would be when was the last time the Leafs were first overall this late in the season? Off the top of my head, we might have to back for the 60s for that one, not 100% sure though. Not that I care about first overall much but it would be cool (I'm sure you would agree). :)

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I know full well what winning the division gets us and I'm all for it believe me, just as long as we have a full tank and we're ready to go when the playoffs start.

Cool, I didn't realize we were in first this late last season. Not to jinx anything but a more interesting (and much tougher) trivia question would be when was the last time the Leafs were first overall this late in the season? Off the top of my head, we might have to back for the 60s for that one, not 100% sure though. Not that I care about first overall much but it would be cool (I'm sure you would agree). :)
Well with Ottawa hanging on tonight to beat the Canes. There is a chance we could be 1st in the East by game's end Thursday. The question now is would you prefer 95% healthy playing Washington/Bruins or 100% playing Tampa/Florida? Keeping in mind the other contenders, would also be trying to win, Florida, Tampa, and Carolina. Unless you think one or more would just throw in the towel and let us waltz into 1st.

By 95% healthy I mean there was no cruising to the end of the season, we had to battle hard to the last game to win 1st in the east.

Last edited:

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Well with Ottawa hanging on tonight to beat the Canes. There is a chance we could be 1st in the East by game's end Thursday. The question now is would you prefer 95% healthy playing Washington/Bruins or 100% playing Tampa/Florida? Keeping in mind the other contenders, would also be trying to win, Florida, Tampa, and Carolina. Unless you think one or more would just throw in the towel and let us waltz into 1st.

By 95% healthy I mean there was no cruising to the end of the season, we had to battle hard to the last game to win 1st in the east.

95% is an arbitrary number. Not saying it's wrong, just saying that it's too complicated a question so I'll just sit back and watch it all unfold. :)

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019

In no way are they any worse than the section of fans who complain about officiating here in Leafland.

If anything, they have a legit complaint. #1 possession team in the league and have drawn the least amount of penalties.

If that game went the other way and the Leafs had 4 penalties to Carolina's 1, this forum would be unbearable

Reactions: leafsfan5

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad