Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Jets > #17, Laine, Little, Perreault
Jets < #7, Cozens, Palmieri, Subban

Sabres > #7, Cozens, Okposo
Sabres < Laine, Little

Devils > Palmieri, Subban
Devils < #17, Perreault, Okposo

Winnipeg get their 2C of the future in Cozens, the #7 pick in this year's draft, plus a pair of win-now veterans in Palmieri and Subban in order to stay competitive in the short term

Buffalo get a major upgrade offensively by bringing in Laine to play with Eichel while also adding some much needed help at center in Little

New Jersey get another mid-1st rd pick for their rebuild, and now have 4 of the first 17 picks

Reactions: bennylundholm

Troy

Nov 28, 2017
What is the purpose for jets trading Laine. Jets need a # 2 center who can play now. Not the future. The 2nd line center need is also for Laine

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
What is the purpose for jets trading Laine. Jets need a # 2 center who can play now. Not the future. The 2nd line center need is also for Laine

Wheeler can fill in at center for another year if Cozens isn't ready

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I’m gonna go ahead and say that Jets fans won’t like this. Not sure it’s all that great for New Jersey either. Great deal for Buffalo though..

I would have no intention of re-signing Palmieri if I were running the Devils, so I think they'd be better served gambling on the 17th pick in the hopes they strike gold with it

And Subban's play has been in such decline the last 2 seasons, it's hard to argue he has any positive trade value at this point given his cap hit

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
I’m gonna go ahead and say that Jets fans won’t like this. Not sure it’s all that great for New Jersey either. Great deal for Buffalo though..

Ding. Jets aren't giving away a prime asset to get rid of Little's likely LTIR contract and a year of Perreault, as good as Cozens may be.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Ding. Jets aren't giving away a prime asset to get rid of Little's likely LTIR contract and a year of Perreault, as good as Cozens may be.

Is Little done?

The #7 pick is likely to produce a future all-star or something close to it provided Winnipeg doesn't complete whiff on their selection

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Laine is too good to ship out. I see no reason why he can’t be a 40 goal, 70+ point player throughout his career.

Cozens would be a great fit behind Scheifele
in the 2C role, though.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Laine is too good to ship out. I see no reason why he can’t be a 40 goal, 70+ point player throughout his career.

Cozens would be a great fit behind Scheifele
in the 2C role, though.

There's no denying Laine is an elite goal scorer, but I worry about the rest of his game

The comparisons to Ovechkin seemed a little too optimistic to me since I always saw him as more of a Kovalchuk-type player

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
There's no denying Laine is an elite goal scorer, but I worry about the rest of his game

The comparisons to Ovechkin always seemed a little too optimistic to me, since I always saw him as more of a Kovalchuk-type player

I take it you didn't watch him play much last year as his all around game was quite good and is continuing to develop. I am quite happy keeping the big multifaceted offensive player who can play physical in Laine.

No interest at all in this proposal as the Jets have more than enough cap space to manage the last year of Perrault's deal.

Little still is a useful player and if need be the Jets can expose him for the expansion draft and hope Seattle takes him in order to be able to meet the cap floor.

Edit:

Also I find it interesting that the main purpose of your trade is for Winnipeg to dump cap space but in the end they take on a worse cap dump in Subban. Palmeri and Perrault is a straight up cap wash so not sure why either is included in the deal.

So essentially it boils down to a Subban for Little cap dump and Cozens and a first for Laine. Jets aren't rebuilding so no way do they entertain a deal like this with their young core starting to enter their primes.

They need a 23 year old established second line C.

Last edited:

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I take it you didn't watch him play much last year as his all around game was quite good and is continuing to develop. I am quite happy keeping the big multifaceted offensive player who can play physical in Laine.

No interest at all in this proposal as the Jets have more than enough cap space to manage the last year of Perrault's deal.

Little still is a useful player and if need be the Jets can expose him for the expansion draft and hope Seattle takes him in order to be able to meet the cap floor.

this is almost as unlikely as this trade actually happening lol. Little will be 35 when that season starts and have 5.3x3 left. The jets would have to kick in significant assets to have seattle go anywhere near that.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
this is almost as unlikely as this trade actually happening lol. Little will be 35 when that season starts and have 5.3x3 left. The jets would have to kick in significant assets to have seattle go anywhere near that.

Little will be 33 in November, and has 4 years left on his deal

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016

Edit:

Also I find it interesting that the main purpose of your trade is for Winnipeg to dump cap space but in the end they take on a worse cap dump in Subban. Palmeri and Perrault is a straight up cap wash so not sure why either is included in the deal.

So essentially it boils down to a Subban for Little cap dump and Cozens and a first for Laine. Jets aren't rebuilding so no way do they entertain a deal like this with their young core starting to enter their primes.

They need a 23 year old established second line C.

You are correct, I did not

Kudos to Laine for his improved play. If it continues, Winnipeg will be all the better for it

RebuildinVan

Jun 25, 2017
Absolutely terrible for Winnipeg and massive overvaluing of the #7 pick and a player who has yet to play in the NHL.
This, OP Ive seen your proposals and youre seriously overvaluing top 10 picks. Go thru the last 10-12 years and see all the picks who havent lived up to it. Laine has delivered in the big leagues already and is worth more than what youre offering

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
If we’re trading Laine it’s not for anything CLOSE to that.

Moving up 10 spots would be nice but meh. Perrault and Little are serviceable if a little if overpaid by 1M and there’s a chance Little is done and LTIR’d.

Cozens is the only piece I’d have interest in at all and again, Laine is nowhere close to those discussions.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Rumors is out Little is LTIR and maybe done.. so he has 0 value atm. And why would we trade Laine?
Keep Jets out of this please

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Jets > #17, Laine, Little, Perreault
Jets < #7, Cozens, Palmieri, Subban

Sabres > #7, Cozens, Okposo
Sabres < Laine, Little

Devils > Palmieri, Subban
Devils < #17, Perreault, Okposo

Winnipeg get their 2C of the future in Cozens, the #7 pick in this year's draft, plus a pair of win-now veterans in Palmieri and Subban in order to stay competitive in the short term

Buffalo get a major upgrade offensively by bringing in Laine to play with Eichel while also adding some much needed help at center in Little

New Jersey get another mid-1st rd pick for their rebuild, and now have 4 of the first 17 picks
Dude give it up you suck at making proposals, It's always the same thing #7 pick Cozens Little and Laine aren't getting moved for those pieces. So stop proposing them they're pure garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad