Blizzcon 2018

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
TY vs Rogue game 4 was one of the best games of SC2 in a long long time.

Rooting for sOs to win his third blizzcon Championship. I know Maru has been the best player in the world all year long, but counting out the guy who always turns it up to another level at Blizzcon was such a foolish thing for the hosts to do.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
TY vs Rogue game 4 was one of the best games of SC2 in a long long time.

Rooting for sOs to win his third blizzcon Championship. I know Maru has been the best player in the world all year long, but counting out the guy who always turns it up to another level at Blizzcon was such a foolish thing for the hosts to do.

Yeah that game 4 was insane. I do miss the long games from HotS and WoL at times, but I think the more rarity of them in LotV makes them even more special when they do happen.

I'm just hoping Serral shows up this weekend. He hasn't really been up and down like Neeb was at all times (Neeb's my favourite player still though as Protoss>Terran>>>>>>Zerg in terms of my favourite haha) so I am pretty confident he will get to final. Dark is not as good as he used to be and while Rogue is great at Blizzcon obviously I think Serral is more well rounded.

So yeah I'm cheering for the sOs v Serral final. Toss up as to who wins for me.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Yeah that game 4 was insane. I do miss the long games from HotS and WoL at times, but I think the more rarity of them in LotV makes them even more special when they do happen.
If you remove Swarm Host games from my memory, HotS would be my favorite meta. So many great bio train vs. Muta/ling matches, for instance. When Taeja was dominating the world, it was so fun to watch his mobile, drop heavy style. And that Rogue - TY game 4 reminded me of that style of play. Attacks from every angle. Counter-punching everywhere.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
If you remove Swarm Host games from my memory, HotS would be my favorite meta. So many great bio train vs. Muta/ling matches, for instance. When Taeja was dominating the world, it was so fun to watch his mobile, drop heavy style. And that Rogue - TY game 4 reminded me of that style of play. Attacks from every angle. Counter-punching everywhere.

I really liked early LotV was probably my favorite. Lots of disruptor v marine/tank positioning battles as they negotiate how to fight. I can't stand ling/bane/muta builds. There is only one player in ALL of SC2 that I actually cheer against. That is TRUE. Can't stand his playstyle, just ling/bane/muta over and over and over again haha. Yeah I'm biased against zergs haha, albeit there are some that were/are among my favourites (Serral, Scarlett, Rogue, Snute, TLO, etc). But I can recognize when it's played well. I do like that ZvZ has gone away a bit from early LotV were is was roach v roach all game every game. If was a zerg fan I'd agree HotS was better their games.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Diablo III was a disaster and Activision is not done killing the Diablo franchise. I'm sad.
The only thing that's sad are the people still trying to absolve Blizzard of all blame and pin it on Activision.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I feel bad for the Diablo fans, but said feelings of sadness disappeared watching the Americans get their asses handed back to them on a platter in the OWWC by ****ing England of all countries. Looks good on them, the arrogant little brats. (Muma best tank NA my ass)

South Korea will probably hammer Canada or China in the final anyway. That team is on that Golden State level of "crush competition and somehow come back with a stronger team the next year."

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Serral wins this and I think we can say for sure for the first time since StarCraft was released that a non-Korean player is the best in the world.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
S E R R A L!!!!!

A foreigner winning Blizzcon totally makes up for the shitty Diablo announcements, at least in my book. MASSIVE.

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Holy jumpin' I can't believe Serral actually did it. Absolutely unreal.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
What a run. I was reasonably sure he would have it as soon as sOs upset Maru, but how many times have we've seen foreigners disappoint in the big moments. Awesome.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I wish I knew anything about Starcraft haha. Sounds like it was entertaining.

The WoW Arena tourney was pretty good too. First time NA has won it since 2013, I think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad