Blizzcon 2018

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
If it's finally a mobile game I can play without server connectivity I would like it. Need something to play on plane rides. But nothing is like that days, so I doubt it.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
well my friend predicted a new Diablo game and..... technically hes right

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
sOs with the massive upset!! The best big tournament player in the world does it again by taking out the #1 seed in Maru. As an $0$ fanboy, I love it.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I have a bunch of friends who actually enjoy the console Diablo III. They like it as basically an updated version of Gauntlet Legends, and enjoy playing it together on the same screen. While the splitscreen option isn't available, maybe they'll enjoy the multiplayer aspects of the mobile version. So perhaps there's an audience outside of the PC gamer crowd that typical Diablo fans care about.

That being said, this game definitely doesn't seem like its catered towards the Diablo loyalists that stuck with the franchise through the disaster that was the D3 launch. Maybe Blizzard is figuring the hardcore ARPG audience is already lost to PoE?

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Get used to it. Mobile games cost nothing to make and generate a ton of money. Like I said, Blizzard is a mediocre company now. What did people really expect was getting announced today? Blizzard said a week ago it wasn't Diablo 4.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Get used to it. Mobile games cost nothing to make and generate a ton of money. Like I said, Blizzard is a mediocre company now. What did people really expect was getting announced today? Blizzard said a week ago it wasn't Diablo 4.

I dunno. Something aside from a shit mobile game, especially after they made the Warcraft 3 announcement. I don't have to get used to anything. Blizzards twitter is being destroyed right now for that announcement. It is the worst I have seen in a long, long time.

The crowd also had the most blah reaction I have seen at an event. No one cares about a mobile game. Mobile games do well for series that are at their peak. Diablo is far from that right now and a mobile game won't help it restore any former glory.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
They are killing their best franchise.

Embarrassing conference. Glad they got almost no cheers and booed at the Q&A.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
USA upset by UK in the QFs of the OWWC. Glad I can stop caring about the OWWC now (at least until the finals). More time to watch Starcraft instead.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
USA upset by UK in the QFs of the OWWC. Glad I can stop caring about the OWWC now (at least until the finals). More time to watch Starcraft instead.

WC3 Reforged though, better have custom maps like tower defense and poker.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
WC3 Reforged though, better have custom maps like tower defense and poker.
They stated that not only will the map editor be there, they are making UI improvements to the map editor.

We'll see if the custom game interface is the same, or if they rework it like they did in Starcraft 2. The remastered Brood War still has the old style lobbies and custom interface.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
sOs with the massive upset!! The best big tournament player in the world does it again by taking out the #1 seed in Maru. As an $0$ fanboy, I love it.

Slept in and missed the first match. Can't believe that sOs pulled it off. Even the casters seemed to be going through the motions waiting for the Maru v Serral final. This throws the whole thing into chaos.

Rogue with a ridiculous series vs TY. One of the best series I've seen all year. I think it makes Serral's road to the final a bit easy though. I feel like due to the race imbalance in the foreign scene with the practice he gets Serral is just far too good to beat ZvZ. An sOs v Serral final would be pretty epic though.

Really crazy to see a foreigner as a favourite though. Even at his height Neeb could never really make much head way in Korea outside of his one big tournament. Sure Elazer had a shocking run to top 4 last year with some decent wins in group stage, but IIRC he beat a foreigner in the QF to get to semi's and just got bopped in Semi's. Right now I'd be very surprised if Serral doesn't make finals despite Dark and Rogue being really great.

Reactions: Hivemind

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->