Blizzcon 2018

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I want something new, but it's probably too early for that...

I'll settle for Warcraft Remastered. :laugh:

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Give me D2 Remastered/D4 or DEATH

How we feeling???

Basically that. Either of those would be amazing.

I had a lot of fun with D3 but the longterm grinding/rift stuff that's the ultimate endgame didn't appeal for whatever reason.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Theres a pretty popular rumor right now that Overwatch will get a new character, story mode missions, and a bunch of new cosmetics

Hopefully its true

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
D2 had a story that was worth replaying. I was never one for constant gear grinding in Diablo, but I enjoyed replaying the actual D2 adventure.
D3's story was awful. Maybe it's just nostalgia for the Blizzard games of my youth making me think their stories were good, but most every post-WC3 Blizzard storyline has been trash. StarCraft 2 had some good elements, but the "feral zerg," Protoss tribes, and the terribad epilogue were all cringeworthy. WoW stories jumped the shark a while back. It's probably a good thing that Overwatch has only laid out a universe framework rather than having a narrative.

I'm excited for the Starcraft WCS global finals. Might watch some of the OWWC this year, as well. Blizzcon is a fun time of the year for eSports.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Theres a pretty popular rumor right now that Overwatch will get a new character, story mode missions, and a bunch of new cosmetics

Hopefully its true

They typically try to announce something for each franchise at Blizzcon. A new character and cosmetics for Overwatch would be the absolute minimum they would do. Story modes would be intriguing.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
D2 had a story that was worth replaying. I was never one for constant gear grinding in Diablo, but I enjoyed replaying the actual D2 adventure.
D3's story was awful. Maybe it's just nostalgia for the Blizzard games of my youth making me think their stories were good, but most every post-WC3 Blizzard storyline has been trash. StarCraft 2 had some good elements, but the "feral zerg," Protoss tribes, and the terribad epilogue were all cringeworthy. WoW stories jumped the shark a while back. It's probably a good thing that Overwatch has only laid out a universe framework rather than having a narrative.

I'm excited for the Starcraft WCS global finals. Might watch some of the OWWC this year, as well. Blizzcon is a fun time of the year for eSports.

I really enjoyed the original Diablo's game play as well, but it's unlikely I'll ever see that actually re-mastered with some necessary updates (like running). I think Diablo 1 was better than Diablo 2 when it came to levels (I like the idea of going deeper and deeper down until you're in hell), but I had never seen anything like D2 before with the different worlds laid out like that.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008

Hopefully its true

A story mode would actually make me reinstall Overwatch.

I never played D2 for more than a few hours, but I've heard it was great. I'd probably pick up a remaster if it showed up.

For SC2, I thought Wings of Liberty was a good campaign. After that it fell off a bit.

I like Artanis well enough, but I thought he was the weakest main character by a fair margin. They should have just made Alarak the main character in LotV. :laugh:

The primal zerg thing could have been interesting, but it served very little narrative purpose other than to basically undo what Wings of Liberty did with Kerrigan.....

All that said, I'll still sing the praises of SC2 as a whole. A modern RTS with an actual campaign is so rare....and overall I really enjoyed it. To be honest, I'm a sucker for a good RTS with a good story line, so they could keep producing expansions and I'd keep buying them.

Reactions: PK Cronin

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
The primal zerg was just such an obvious rehash of the Orc treatment from WC3 that it made my eyes roll into the back of my head.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Blizzard is such an average gaming studio at this point that nothing they announce will surprise me one way or another. Sounds like a Diablo Netflix series and possibly Diablo 1 remaster. Diablo 2 is apparently a huge mess of spaghetti code that only works with old aspect ratios and would likely need to be completely redone. I expect them to announce a bunch of stuff for WoW that were already in the game at one point but re introduced for 8.2 as some apology. Of course the same people trashing BFA since beta will be right back to how great the company is even again.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Summer 2019 for WoW Classic. In some sense it's sad that I'm hyped about a 15 year old game getting re-released, but that's the WoW I enjoyed most and sunk thousands of hours into.

Reactions: TheNeutrality

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Orphea for HotS looks fun. but man only 1 new hero and some XP changes is a bummer. hoping for some more on the actual whats next panel

The Noot

scaldin ur d00dz
Apr 12, 2012
Zurich
Summer 2019 for WoW Classic. In some sense it's sad that I'm hyped about a 15 year old game getting re-released, but that's the WoW I enjoyed most and sunk thousands of hours into.
Also, it's included in your WoW subscription. I like it.

Cinematic was cool, but hella predictable.
No huge plot twists so far.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
It's not a Diablo remaster. It's going to be what happened between 2 and 3.

The Noot

scaldin ur d00dz
Apr 12, 2012
Zurich
I don't have a current WoW subscription. Hopefully I don't need one for WoW Classic
I would imagine that you only have to buy Classic and pay the subscription fee, but you're not required to buy modern WoW with its expansions.

The subscription fee just allows you to play both Classic and modern, provided that you have bought the games themselves.

That's at least how I think it will go down, don't quote me on it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad