Post-Game Talk: Bleh!

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Gritty veteran Matt Benning

Vlzd679.gif

QFn7H81.gif

Who cares if you can play hockey if you're a good 'Berta boy who drives an old truck.

Reactions: Del Preston

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Tippett repeats the phrase 'first game' five times when asked about Koskinen.
Says he'll play again tomorrow.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
This team has enough adversity. Losing preseason is taking the one good thing away from us ;)

Lol true. But on the bright side it would be hard for us to be disappointed come game 1 if we bombed the preseason (especially the latter preseason games)

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
As poorly as he played tonight he somehow managed to come out even. Jones and Lowe went -2 each. Oilers charged with 17GVA tonight. Seemed like more. Maybe just because some of them were so egregious.

Feels like the Oilers were in this game, if not winning, through the first period.
Failing to score on the four minute PP and then giving up the late goal in the first finished them off.

Definitely won't see me defending Jones or Lowe at all. And I'm a big Jones fan / hopeful. I'm just not sure how tonight Benning can be defended.
Benning's handy work tonight on the PK, just awful. Watching Horvat like he's a neon sign instead of taking the pass away.
What concerns me is he carried a weak pre-season last year well into the regular season for 18-19. So there's some worry there imo.
One game and all, yes. I really hope it was just an off night for everybody.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Tippett repeats the phrase 'first game' five times when asked about Koskinen.
Says he'll play again tomorrow.

Really happy with that. Guy needs practice, its what preseason is for. Hopefully Smith gets some touches.

I, for one, dont actively hope for people to fail just because he's overpaid.* we need him to be good this season.

*I may make an exception for Brandon Manning

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Tippett said there is a lot of smoke coming out of the room.

Sounds like he said they are cutting down to 29 or 31 right away

Said it was a very good evaluation game.

Was asked if any of the centers stood out, said we lost 6-1. Was asked directly about Marody, said he is putting up points and there's something to be said about that but ..

Reactions: McDrai

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

Was asked if any of the centers stood out, said we lost 6-1. Was asked directly about Marody, said he is putting up points and there's something to be said about that but ..

What's the camp number as it stands right now?

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Definitely won't see me defending Jones or Lowe at all. And I'm a big Jones fan / hopeful. I'm just not sure how tonight Benning can be defended.
Benning's handy work tonight on the PK, just awful. Watching Horvat like he's a neon sign instead of taking the pass away.
What concerns me is he carried a weak pre-season last year well into the regular season for 18-19. So there's some worry there imo.
One game and all, yes. I really hope it was just an off night for everybody.
Oh, please don't interpret my post as defending Benning. It wasn't that at all. In fact, I posted it as an example of how Benning seems to have inordinate luck. I recall just a few days ago someone was defending Benning as the 'ideal' third pair guy who finished plus last season on a terrible team. None of Benning's stats seem to fit with the viewings of the guy on the ice. Like tonight. He was clearly one of the worst dmen on the ice, all night long, yet somehow manages to escape the night even.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018

Like they got big time roasted by the coach ? Or players are heated and pissed off at their performance?

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I think at least 75% of the team we saw tonight wont be in Edmonton come Sunday.

So with that I am going to reserve judgement on this game because most of these players simply arent ready.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
He also said some guys were really fatigued and that's how the league is. No excuses in this league. Bensons a cut guarenteed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad