TSN: Blashill Officially Red Wings' Head Coach - Granato & Ferschweiler are assistants

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
He speaks exactly the same way as Babcock. If you didn't have the visual you wouldn't know it was a different person haha.

Yeah I'm listening to 97.1 and I was like "Is Babcock at this press conference?" :laugh:

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Everyone texting into 97.1 agrees with me about the fact that Blashill sounds just like Babcock.

"Did the Red Wings re-hire Mike Babcock?"

Amazing.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Trying to remember...is he Canadian or didn't I read he's a Detroit native? Sure as hell sounds like a mix of Kenny and Babs.

Actual Thought*

I thought his voice sounded similar to Babs but his answers were more cliche. Babs is a pretty frank guy. Blash seemed to stick to vague interview speak. When asked about changes he might make he said "I am gonna be Jeff Blashill". Unfortunately we don't really know what that means. I have my fingers crossed that he can translate to the big leagues this time around.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Was chelios involved with the Griffins? Whenever I went to the prospect trounament up in Traverse City he was always there.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
When asked what his message was in Grand Rapids exit interviews, he focused solely on work ethic: extra hard work would set you apart from the next guy in making the NHL.

I hope Mantha was listening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad