Blame Crosby and Malkin: Moorehouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
The Penguins have 0 Dmen who can pass or skate the puck up the ice.

They have maybe 2 wingers on the team who can pass or skate the puck up the ice.

That means that the two people on whom the defense will focus most of their attention are also the people who have to do most of the carrying of the puck.

They have no time to create space, they have time time to move, to breath, to do anything.

This is not Sid and Geno's fault. This is an organizational failure of unfathomable proportions, and everyone in a position to bring light to it is either too dumb or too lazy or a dangerous combination of both.

Methinks it wouldn't be Sid and Geno first the Toronto media is skewering.

I really hope one of them comes to his senses and tells the Penguins organization to **** off, because the other won't be far behind. And, I really hope they call out everyone on the way out the door, including Mario Lemieux, who more than anyone else should know better than to have hung Sid and Geno out to dry like this.

A pox on all of them, Mario included.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
It's getting to the point where I kind of wish Sid and Geno would demand a trade. This organization, and that tabloid of a newspaper, doesn't deserve them.

At this point, I find myself hating this organization with a passion because of the way they run things. And that extends to the idiots who cover them in the media.

Trade Sid and Geno, then let's see how ****ing awesome the team is.

pretending for a moment that everyone was a sid/geno fan first, and a penguins fan second...

do people believe its in the best interest of sid/geno to remain with this team?

it seems pretty clear to me that the best thing for sid/geno would be to get traded away from this sinking ship organization. does anyone disagree?

Let's not get carried away here. WE, the diehard Penguins fans, deserve these guys to stick around for the entirety of their careers.

Mario was once a franchise player. Once upon a time he was courted by the Rangers if I recall correctly. He stayed.

He should know how to handle the superstars. And, I don't believe for a second that either 87 or 71 is unhappy.

Now, trade away most of the veterans away, one or both may say something. But we can't wait for them to be 33-34 years old to rebuild this thing. Because by then, they WILL want out.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Haha, not so much, I've just gotten a bunch of calls from my mom because "so and so got a DUI! Didn't you graduate with him?"

Come to think of it, my dad sends me text messages about that kind of thing too. Didn't occur to me to wonder why he knows that stuff.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Sid and Geno have it easy dealing with the Pgh Media.

If Sid and Geno pulled these disappearing acts in the playoffs in a place like New York or Toronto it would be 100 times worse.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Sid and Geno have it easy dealing with the Pgh Media.

If Sid and Geno pulled these disappearing acts in the playoffs in a place like New York or Toronto it would be 100 times worse.

Sid or Geno wouldn't be playing with the **** they got on their wings and for bush league coaching in New York or Toronto.

Let's not get carried away here. WE, the diehard Penguins fans, deserve these guys to stick around for the entirety of their careers.

Mario was once a franchise player. Once upon a time he was courted by the Rangers if I recall correctly. He stayed.

He should know how to handle the superstars. And, I don't believe for a second that either 87 or 71 is unhappy.

Now, trade away most of the veterans away, one or both may say something. But we can't wait for them to be 33-34 years old to rebuild this thing. Because by then, they WILL want out.

I wish Sid or Geno acted more like Mario and Jagr when it came to speaking up. It's the only thing that might have made a difference. Then again, I always thought Mario knowing better would make a difference, and he's just as culpable as the rest of them in this **** show.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
If Sid and Geno played for Toronto and had identical careers for the Leafs as they had for the Penguins, there would be statues of them downtown.

I wish people who had no experience with other markets would stop commenting on them as if they were experts. You have no idea. The Pittsburgh market is horrific. It's not TOUGH. It's just dumb.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
If Sid and Geno played for Toronto and had identical careers for the Leafs as they had for the Penguins, there would be statues of them downtown.

I wish people who had no experience with other markets would stop commenting on them as if they were experts. You have no idea. The Pittsburgh market is horrific. It's not TOUGH. It's just dumb.

And could you imagine the Toronto media staying silent as a Leafs GM surrounded those two with a grand total of 1 elite winger (for a few months) in 9 years? Could you imagine them standing silent with buffoons like Bylsma and Johnston behind the bench?

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
And could you imagine the Toronto media staying silent as a Leafs GM surrounded those two with a grand total of 1 elite winger (for a few months) in 9 years? Could you imagine them standing silent with buffoons like Bylsma and Johnston behind the bench?

it's tough to say, because Bylsma and Shero would have fallen under the same umbrella. That said, Bylsma would have NEVERRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr lasted one negative press conference under the TO media. He would have been slaughtered.

edit: just to be clear: he would have made it through the Montreal series (even though it's the Habs) because a Cup win would go a long way in this town. He would have been excused for Tampa because of injuries.

He would have needed 10 shrinks after game 1 against Philly.

He would have had PTSD by the end of the series.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I think it's probable Sid and Geno get skewered for the Boston series if they're in Toronto.

This one? No way. It's JR on the front page of the Star.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
And could you imagine the Toronto media staying silent as a Leafs GM surrounded those two with a grand total of 1 elite winger (for a few months) in 9 years?

That's essentially Mats Sundin's entire career.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I couldn't put this in the media thread. It was too outrageous. When are Malkin and Crosby going to smell the coffee and realize that this organization won't change and will continue to waste their careers? Take a look at the cover of the Trib:

https://twitter.com/TribSports/status/589255901212708864/photo/1

Does anyone doubt that this is Moorehouse trying to get in front of this ****show and blame the stars to distract from the gongshow of his mismanagement? This team has failed the stars. There is nothing more these great players can do.

First off, I'm glad you didn't put it in that thread, I got banned for conversation I believe.

Problem is Morehouse. End of story.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I think it's probable Sid and Geno get skewered for the Boston series if they're in Toronto.

This one? No way. It's JR on the front page of the Star.

I also think it's possible that Toronto wouldn't have employed a coach who managed his bench like Bylsma did in 2012. At the very least, one member of the Toronto media might have inquired as to why Iginla was playing LW.

That's essentially Mats Sundin's entire career.

Sundin wasn't Crosby or Malkin.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Well yeah but they didn't run...I don't remember who the GMs were before Daddy's boy....out of town over it.

It was Pat Quinn until 2003. JFJ had it from 2003 until Cliff Fletcher took over. Think the Leafs were mildly-respectable in the early 2000s.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
It was Pat Quinn until 2003. JFJ had it from 2003 until Cliff Fletcher took over. Think the Leafs were mildly-respectable in the early 2000s.

Sundin sure as **** had better playoff caliber wingers than anything Sid or Geno has played with since 2008.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
My wife wanted the Sunday paper for the ads / coupons. They run exclusive coupons for newspapers, which is probably the only way the papers are still in business.

Ahh yes probably. Still...you can get alot of coupons online these days.

It's only a matter of time for newspapers.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Sundin sure as **** had better playoff caliber wingers than anything Sid or Geno has played with since 2008.

That's not the case. Modin, tucker, Berezin...they weren't better than Kunitz, Dupuis, Hornqvist or Neal.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
He's not horribly far off. Understand that he produced only a little less than they do in clutch and grab hockey with linemates that were about as bad.

At the end, yes. When that team was run better, he had a lot more to play with in terms of playoff style guys.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
Does anyone doubt that this is Moorehouse trying to get in front of this ****show and blame the stars to distract from the gongshow of his mismanagement? This team has failed the stars. There is nothing more these great players can do.

Pretty far fetched, but, this is the internet. People will believe just about anything.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
That's not the case. Modin, tucker, Berezin...they weren't better than Kunitz, Dupuis, Hornqvist or Neal.

Them. No. But there were others earlier.

Look, end of the day, from my perspective, it's the Pens organization that has failed Crosby and Malkin, not the opposite, and there isn't a person in the Pittsburgh media who has said that. There would be at least one in Toronto who would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad