Blame Crosby and Malkin: Moorehouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JQR

Clearly it's Lovejoy
Jan 25, 2012
AND, don't forget...when Geno tries to come back in the D zone to get the puck, Lovejoy ignores him and moves forward with the puck (with no center in position).

Yeah.

At least Geno ran him over in game 1. That was pretty funny.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Well judging by the comments on that twitter page, people are blasting the Trib, not Geno and Sid.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
honestly, if you guys think the best way to get through to the Pens is to stop buying tickets, magnify it 10-fold with the Trib. If you want them to stop with this kind of coverage, just stop buying papers for a month. They'll be out of business.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Who the hell is buying papers?

Most of the people here all fall right into the trap that Rossi and the Trib put forth. Sensationalized hack journalism that is meant to get a rise out of the reader. And considering there is a thread dedicated to the Trib (mainly) and their nonsense, they are obviously getting the reaction that they want = people hitting their website over and over and over. Most of the posters here ***** and moan about the Trib yet are completely culpable in their success by feeding into the nonsense and visiting the site daily.

Stop buying papers (if anyone still does that) but mainly STOP READING THEIR ****ING WEBSITE.

Oh, and anyone putting blame on Sid and Geno are absolute morons. They are playing for the worst "professionally" run org in sports. When you have nothing around you to compete with, it makes the job almost impossible. Look at our roster. It's pathetic. In 10 years the Penguins have never given Crosby an all star caliber winger. Let that marinate.....10 ****ing years.

JQR

Clearly it's Lovejoy
Jan 25, 2012
People still buy newspapers?

If it's anything like my local paper, they rope you in with "free trials" then conveniently forget to stop sending it (and billing you) when you cancel.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
If it's anything like my local paper, they rope you in with "free trials" then conveniently forget to stop sending it (and billing you) when you cancel.

Why would you even get a free trial :laugh:

Only person I know that reads the newspaper is my uncle. And he's 81.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
These two have earned every bit of criticism that comes their way in regards to their recent playoff performances. They aren't getting positive results, that's the bottom line. They are compensated to produce offense that leads to goals, that leads to winning games.

The rest is excuses, bad team, playing with scrubs, etc.

These guys need to get it going, or get going. That cup that Max Talbot won is becoming a distant memory. All that is within clear sight these days is two stars who can't produce in the post season, cannot lead, and become rattled at the drop of a dime.

Malkin had the 2nd best PPG of any NHL player to make it out of the 1st round last year, and Crosby was obviously playing injured. The year before, Crosby and Malkin were tied for 3rd in that category.

This isn't the '80s, and Crosby and Malkin aren't Gretzky and Lemieux.

DeadPuckEra

Dec 19, 2014
Who the hell is buying papers?

Most of the people here all fall right into the trap that Rossi and the Trib put forth. Sensationalized hack journalism that is meant to get a rise out of the reader. And considering there is a thread dedicated to the Trib (mainly) and their nonsense, they are obviously getting the reaction that they want = people hitting their website over and over and over. Most of the posters here ***** and moan about the Trib yet are completely culpable in their success by feeding into the nonsense and visiting the site daily.

Stop buying papers (if anyone still does that) but mainly STOP READING THEIR ****ING WEBSITE.

Oh, and anyone putting blame on Sid and Geno are absolute morons. They are playing for the worst "professionally" run org in sports. When you have nothing around you to compete with, it makes the job almost impossible. Look at our roster. It's pathetic. In 10 years the Penguins have never given Crosby an all star caliber winger. Let that marinate.....10 ****ing years.

Right, Because Crosby hasn't been perfectly content with Kunitz and Dupuis for 4-5 of those years, and Malkin wasn't playing with Sykora or Neal.

These two are disappointments in the post season until they prove otherwise. Mainly Sidney. The fact that they cannot generate just a little bit of offense, on their own, on a consistent basis is the real atrocity here.

The stars need to be stars, not the so called scrubs they play along side.

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013
Irrespective of the headline which is idiotic, I sincerely hope that the Trib didn't pay money for that photoshop job. It is beyond amateur and very poorly done.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Lazy man analysis. Like blaming Bonds for the San Fran Giants never winning a World Series.

Five forwards, at minimum, are non contributors. And I don't mean they don't score--I mean you're short handed when they're out there.

Outside pairing 3, the d can't shoot or complete a five foot pass, which eliminates both the rush and the cycle as methods of generating offense.

87's line is literally playing 2 on 5 hockey. Malkin's line, 1 on 5.

No idea how you manage to build a D that can't pinch, can't pass, can't skate, can't play defense, aren't physical and can't shoot, but it's what we've done, outside of green rooks and injured guys.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It's such a foreign concept to people that you need to surround talent with support. The Penguins fail to do this every freaking year. Then you need someone to harness the talent and the Penguins again fail to do this every year.

Media - Sid & Crosby should be enough.
Media When Sid & Geno are doing more than enough - They need support!

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
It's getting to the point where I kind of wish Sid and Geno would demand a trade. This organization, and that tabloid of a newspaper, doesn't deserve them.

At this point, I find myself hating this organization with a passion because of the way they run things. And that extends to the idiots who cover them in the media.

Trade Sid and Geno, then let's see how ****ing awesome the team is.

JQR

Clearly it's Lovejoy
Jan 25, 2012
Why would you even get a free trial :laugh:

Only person I know that reads the newspaper is my uncle. And he's 81.

My wife wanted the Sunday paper for the ads / coupons. They run exclusive coupons for newspapers, which is probably the only way the papers are still in business.

Ziggyjoe21

Nov 12, 2003
Pitt
Wasted careers? Both won a Hart Trophies, scoring titles, numerous other other awards, and of course, the Stanley Cup.

Also, this new "blame random front office business guy for on ice issues" is pretty stupid. Too many people wear tin foil hats.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Wasted careers? Both won a Hart Trophies, scoring titles, numerous other other awards, and of course, the Stanley Cup.

Also, this new "blame random front office business guy for on ice issues" is pretty stupid. Too many people wear tin foil hats.

which random person is being blamed?

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
I buy the Trib so I can see how many people I know got arrested. And also because it leans to the right with politics. Their sports is a joke though, as is the Post Gazette's.

Til the End of Time

May 18, 2003
Santa Monica, CA
Visit site
pretending for a moment that everyone was a sid/geno fan first, and a penguins fan second...

do people believe its in the best interest of sid/geno to remain with this team?

it seems pretty clear to me that the best thing for sid/geno would be to get traded away from this sinking ship organization. does anyone disagree?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
pretending for a moment that everyone was a sid/geno fan first, and a penguins fan second...

do people believe its in the best interest of sid/geno to remain with this team?

it seems pretty clear to me that the best thing for sid/geno would be to get traded away from this sinking ship organization. does anyone disagree?

No.

As to your opening statement, the Penguins organization has made it difficult to be anything but a Sid/Geno fan first.

And, for as much as people say Sid and Geno aren't Gretzky and Lemieux, someone tell me how many playoff series Gretzky and Lemieux won with anything remotely like the crap Sid and Geno have played with.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Zen can predict the future apparently.

I'm most definitely a Pens fan first. If trading Sid for Dominic Moore would bring us a championship, I'd be cool with that, even though I despise Moore.

Problem is, it wouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad