Blake Wheeler one of the most underrated right wingers in the game?

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
Yes yes yes, he is insanely good, he brings so much more than just points.

One of the most underrated players in the league, he should be a superstar.

Reactions: Jetsfareast

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
In most of his seasons he has started pretty slowly.
Kinda surprised that he is doing so much this early in the season.
No complaints here.

His set up to Connor at the end of the first to get the 3-0 lead may have been the most critical moment in the game to prevent the Stars from having an easy route to getting back into the game.

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
Is Blake Wheeler one of the most underrated right wingers in the NHL currently? One of the highest point producers out of all right wingers in the league. I believe from 2011-2012 (Winnipeg's first season) to present, only Stamkos, Seguin, Getzlaf, Giroux, Ovechkin, Kessel, and Perry out of all right handed shot forwards have outscored him on a point per game pace. Wheeler also is one of the best defensive wingers in the league being a possession driving monster. He has everything, speed, skill, physicality, IQ, intangibles, everything. Only Kessel and Perry out of right handed shot wingers have outscored him during that time period.
Dude, you do a terrible job at hyping him up! :shakehead Why aren't you using the fact that Wheeler is 5th in Points since the start of 2015 and only 2 Points from being 3rd behind only Kane and Crosby? And then go on to speculate how much Laine is dragging his numbers down right now?

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Another Chiarelli trade classic. You could put together the best top 9 in the NHL with players he gave up for Larsson and some spares.

Hall Seguin Wheeler
Versteeg Aho Kessel
Yakupov Barzal Eberle

The Wheeler trade was given I don't think PC should be blamed if so, so should the Bruins fan base.

Wheeler just happened to develop wonderfully with Winnipeg

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Wheeler was a late bloomer, and it's hard to get notoriety if you aren't torching the league in your first few seasons.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Has great chemistry with Scheifele. Not the best shooter, but he is a pretty good passer and when he uses his size and speed coming down the wing. He creates openings.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
I know you don't care about my fantasy team, but I'm just giddy. Guy in my league dropped him about 2 weeks ago for Kemper. I was already up by 30 points on 2nd place (pure luck), but got Wheeler on waivers. It's just not fair.

Reactions: DRC

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Him or Scheif were probably the best player on the Jets, all things considered, last year as well. It's just the novelty of young players with very high ceilings that made him less of a talked about commodity.

He's a very rare commodity in this league......6'5 with speed, physicality, and all of the above. He's definitely been one of the most underrated players for a while now, possibly even overlooked by Jet fans themselves.

Reactions: libertarian

civic204

Jun 1, 2012
can we get a few gifs of his recent goals/assists?

I think he's underrated in the sense that his stats aren't as well known. The Jets need to make a playoff run or two.

Last edited:

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Him or Scheif were probably the best player on the Jets, all things considered, last year as well. It's just the novelty of young players with very high ceilings that made him less of a talked about commodity.

He's a very rare commodity in this league......6'5 with speed, physicality, and all of the above. He's definitely been one of the most underrated players for a while now, possibly even overlooked by Jet fans themselves.
He started the season horribly. Like, the offense was not there, and he averaged a couple of turnovers/horrific defensive mistakes per game. He still managed to put up a point per game. In the last five games, he has been unstoppable at both ends of the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad