Jones has shown more then Murphy

Murphy is a Ice Hog pretending to be an NHL talent at this point
tenor.gif

Reactions: LavalPhantom

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
What's the problem? Just expose Jones and hope that Seattle takes him. Why would the Hawks protect Jones?

I get the return is a big "meh", but this was about doing DK a solid, and thankfully they didn't have to take a bad contract back or retain salary.

Okay. I'll wait to see who the Blackhawks protect and lose in the expansion draft before I continue to bash Bowman for this deal...if this is part of a bigger plan like getting Seth Jones or a separate deal with Seattle then fine. But I'm sceptical for now.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
5.5 million in cap room is so much more than nothing, especially now.

Chicago is lucky to get anything for him especially since he wanted out and would only go to a few teams. Amazing trade for Chicago.

3rd rounder could be great especially this year as so many unknowns due to COVID some really good players could slide to later rounds.

Keith isn't overpaid. Also, sending him to Seattle would have made sure the Blackhawks don't lose another player. In my view, the player they're gonna lose to Seattle is worth more than useless prospect and mid round picks they got from Edmonton. But we'll see.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Jones is almost certainly useless. Mid round picks worth almost nothing.

Now they're probably gonna protect Jones wheras if Keith waived his NMC they could have protected somebody else and wouldn't have lost another player.

Now, they're trading Keith to Edmonton for almost nothing and will still lose a player to Seattle.

imagine thinking like this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad