McKenzie: Blackhawks won't qualify Dylan Strome

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
They played 155.5 minutes together as a line and scored 9 goals.

He only played about 180 with Debrincat, Kane or both.

The narrative is false.
I call bullshit, because I was reviewing those very figures earlier today as a side effect of the Dach to Columbus rumors. Strome spent over quadruple the amount of time with Kane and DeBrincat than he did any other single forward on the Blackhawks, and two thirds of his total time on ice was spent with Kane in particular (just over half of it was with DeBrincat as well). And it shows in the TOI With figures for Kane and DeBrincat as well, altho DeBrincat also managed some time with Dach (roughly 3/5 of the time he spent with Strome).

Screen Shot 2022-07-07 at 23.30.28.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-07 at 23.30.55.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-07 at 23.31.50.png

Source: NaturalStatTrick, TOI With figures for Kane, DeBrincat, Strome.

Dhockey16

Jun 23, 2011
Erie, Pennsylvania
Strome could be a much cheaper fill-in for Ryan Nugent Hopkins in Edmonton. RNH is a better skater and is better defensively, but the offensive stats aren't too dissimilar - with Strome averaging fewer minutes a game than RNH. Debrincat rejoining 97 is the show I really wanted to see...

Reactions: Macheteops

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Would sign him to play beside Tavares. They are both slow as hell, and Tavares’ defensive ability should be able to cover for Strome’s lack of. Mississauga boys.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
They played 155.5 minutes together as a line and scored 9 goals.

He only played about 180 with Debrincat, Kane or both.

The narrative is false.
Are you sure you aren't thinking of Dach? That sounds like Dach's playtime with Kane.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
My guess with Strome is they tried to move him at the deadline and the offers were really underwhelming. The Hawks likely know his value isn’t great and would rather spend the assets on someone that can bring back draft capital in a couple of years

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
I call bullshit, because I was reviewing those very figures earlier today as a side effect of the Dach to Columbus rumors. Strome spent over quadruple the amount of time with Kane and DeBrincat than he did any other single forward on the Blackhawks, and two thirds of his total time on ice was spent with Kane in particular (just over half of it was with DeBrincat as well). And it shows in the TOI With figures for Kane and DeBrincat as well, altho DeBrincat also managed some time with Dach (roughly 3/5 of the time he spent with Strome).

View attachment 566037View attachment 566038View attachment 566041

Is there something I’m missing with these charts of time with and without? Shouldn’t all of the figures add up to the same total?

Look at Debrincat’s time for instance

Time with/Time away from DeHaan adds up to 1062:25

Time with/time away from Kane adds up to 1208:33

At the end of the day shouldn’t adding the 2 numbers always equal his total time on ice? But every figure is different.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Is there something I’m missing with these charts of time with and without? Shouldn’t all of the figures add up to the same total?

Look at Debrincat’s time for instance

Time with/Time away from DeHaan adds up to 1062:25

Time with/time away from Kane adds up to 1208:33

At the end of the day shouldn’t adding the 2 numbers always equal his total time on ice? But every figure is different.
On Strome's chart, the "time away" from Kane is Kane's time away from Strome.

Elaborated further: If you look at Strome's and Kane's charts, both of them show 639:18 with the other, but different TOI Away figures, because (for example) Strome will have spent a different total amount of time on the ice altogether than Kane would.

Ursus8

May 14, 2009
crazy. he was such a stud in juniors got drafted 3rd overall got traded away from arizona and now wont even be qualified. thats insane.

Reactions: NORiculous

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013

You can tell a lot about a person by how they respond when facts show that they are wrong.

Buh-bye.

Looking forward to the follow up

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Guessing he signs in Edmonton for cheap. He'll get stapled to McDavid's left side and be the support winger for him and whatever scorer ends up on the other side. This also helps Edmonton put Hyman-Draisaitl-Yamamoto together, which could be a really good puck possession unit.
He might even be nixed by McDavi himself. He knows he is slow as ... . And his defence, wich is a keyfactor to winning is bad.
The connection though is there.

My take is that Toronto signs the guy, as homegrown as he is.(and typical Dubas to ignore defence).

And at the same time, having both Marner and Strome, is a shot at the day McDavids contract is up.

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016

I apologize, I missed two lines with both, it should have been 227.6. According to moneypuck.

F2AEE3D7-25D5-4AAB-8825-8CBB7D8E8411.jpeg

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I get that Strome isn't the swiftest skater in the world and an adventure defensively.....but he still managed 22 goals and 26 assists. And when you deduct DiBrincat's 41 goals and 78 points; along with Dach's numbers of nine goals and 27 points; and all of a sudden the Hawks are down 151 scoring points.

Got to be tough being a Hawks fan right now.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I wouldn't be surprised If he ends up a Leaf especially if they don't qualify Kase then he's got to be replaced.

I liked Kase A LOT but the problem is his brain is probably closer to pudding at this point due to all the concussions.

If they can replace him with Strome that's not only a much more healthy player but a better player and again I liked Kase A LOT but Strome for Kase is an upgrade especially when you factor in injury

dixie

Mar 15, 2022
Who needs centers more than Boston?They should be in on this somewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad