McKenzie: Blackhawks won't qualify Dylan Strome

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Hyman-McDavid-Strome

Strome would be cheap and could be effective there I’d really like to see this happen. Spend the money on goaltending and bulding linemates for Drais

PostBradMalone

Mar 19, 2022
Guessing he signs in Edmonton for cheap. He'll get stapled to McDavid's left side and be the support winger for him and whatever scorer ends up on the other side. This also helps Edmonton put Hyman-Draisaitl-Yamamoto together, which could be a really good puck possession unit.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Considering he's been on the block for the better part of two seasons, it's really not that shocking to me. He could find a home anywhere to be honest. Especially at his age.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
1657232082956.png

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
This is not smart IMO.

Yeah, he has (a lot of) flaws. But he puts up some points, the Hawks are rebuilding, and they cap room.

Give him a QO, let him go to arbitration. If the award is over $5M, walk away. If not, take him back on the 1-year deal, hope he does enough that you can get a pick for him at the deadline. If he doesn't, oh well.

I really don't see the downside in keeping him for another year. It's not like having Strome on the books for $5M is going to prevent them from signing a key free agent, the fact that they have no team will do that.

Avilaj07

Feb 6, 2016
I can definitely see him signing a one year deal with the Leafs for their second line lw with Tavares and Nylander.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
This is not smart IMO.

Yeah, he has (a lot of) flaws. But he puts up some points, the Hawks are rebuilding, and they cap room.

Give him a QO, let him go to arbitration. If the award is over $5M, walk away. If not, take him back on the 1-year deal, hope he does enough that you can get a pick for him at the deadline. If he doesn't, oh well.

I really don't see the downside in keeping him for another year. It's not like having Strome on the books for $5M is going to prevent them from signing a key free agent, the fact that they have no team will do that.
He had no real value this deadline or last summer. And they don't want someone to to put up some points.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I’d be all for a cheap 1-2 year deal in Edmonton.

Kane is gone, Puljujarvi is going. We need NHL bodies on the cheap so we can address bigger needs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad