Blackhawks Winter Classic jersey

Johnny Rifle

Pittsburgh Penguins
Apr 7, 2018
Hampton, VA
Well they’ve had to make about a hundred different unis for all the outdoor games they’ve been in. There’s only so many possibilities

Blame the NHL for putting them outdoors seemingly every year.

Also, no shame in recycling outdoor game jerseys.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Love it, did the black and white thing better than the Isles with theirs.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
I like them... but then I’m a minimalist.

I wonder how they would have looked with white or deep red pants.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
back-official-game-puck.jpg

Hey, I've got an idea for a jersey ^^^^^^, let's make it look just like the puck!

Reactions: TheTotalPackage

COHawk

Sep 16, 2015
Looks WAY better in the video than that concep picture above haha. I actualyl really like it.

That image isn't a representation of the winter classic jersey, it's pulled from NHLUniforms.com as the jerseys worn in the 1928 season. So it is not exact, but they recreated it pretty closely.

I never interpreted "classic" to mean first. To me it meant high quality and lasting value. The multicolored Native head and the deep red is what makes the Hawks jersey classic.

These may be similar to what the Hawks have worn in the past, but that does not make them "classic."

To each their own I guess. I've always thought of the word "classic" in this sense as celebrating old heritage and the history of the franchise. I love the jerseys by the way, I think they came out fantastic.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I'm just annoyed that we've played in this many outdoor games and yet the Hawks have never made a version of the jersey that I've wanted them to do since 2009, the white version below:

Blackhawks16.png

Which, if stricly followed, would look something like this:

KevinGriegel-CHI(WinterClassic).png

Or, if given a few creative liberties, could look like this:

14+1011-nickburton-wc15-chi.png

Evergreen

Well this at least proves that Adidas is capable of making a collar that doesn't look absolutely ridiculous.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Horrendous.

This game will feature a TOTAL of 3 colors - black, white, yellow.

Should be fun to watch :laugh:

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I like it. I was hoping they'd do something like this and reach way back for something. Next year tho, just wear the Chicago Cougars jersey!!

EDIT: I just googled to get a link for it, and apparently they weren't just the WHA team as there is a current Chicago Cougars team using the jersey and logo and everything right now. I'm not sure how I feel about this :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad