LeBrun: Blackhawks Will Ask Duncan Keith About Deadline Trade

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
-35 the last 1+ seasons and a CF right at 50 with a negative CFrel despite getting 60% o-zone starts....cant imagine why people think that
Maybe people should watch the games to make their opinions instead of stat watching. Because stats are often misleading

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Keith has played the toughest mins for Chicago the last 2 years (only in the last 20 or so games has that changed), with questionable partners (Ruuta, Seabrook, and rookie Jokiharju) inconsistently. Zero doubt in my mind that if he is paired with a good Dman, going up against B talent that he would excel. He just can't do it all in Chicago by himself.

Reactions: wahsnairb

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Real dollars is only 1 million. Cap hit is the 5.5 tho. Could be attractive to smaller market team in the hunt.

Or if Chicago is willing to do retention could be huge. Not a ton of real cash retained, but cap hit retention is helpful for contenders and likely not a huge deal on a Chicago team that should be retooling.

Reactions: thegr8one66

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
If Chicago does a decent retention, Leafs could be interested if Gardiner walks and Zaitsev is moved.

Rielly Muzzin
Keith ??? (Gudas? Jensen? Dermott?)
Dermott/ Rosen Liljgren/Ozi

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Keith has played the toughest mins for Chicago the last 2 years (only in the last 20 or so games has that changed), with questionable partners (Ruuta, Seabrook, and rookie Jokiharju) inconsistently. Zero doubt in my mind that if he is paired with a good Dman, going up against B talent that he would excel. He just can't do it all in Chicago by himself.
if someone look at it with out any judgement, that is what Keith is doing.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Or if Chicago is willing to do retention could be huge. Not a ton of real cash retained, but cap hit retention is helpful for contenders and likely not a huge deal on a Chicago team that should be retooling.
then the return should be reflected in that as well.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
then the return should be reflected in that as well.

Yup! 100p.

The question IMO is, what's he worth without retention. Than what's the increase from there?

Is his full coat contract and current play+ age scary to teams? The retention might be needed to get real suitors.
Seems like almost every team going for it has at least 1 or 2 huge contracts to deal with this summer

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Yup! 100p.

The question IMO is, what's he worth without retention. Than what's the increase from there?

Is his full coat contract and current play+ age scary to teams? The retention might be needed to get real suitors.
Seems like almost every team going for it has at least 1 or 2 huge contracts to deal with this summer
for me, i was and have been envisioning a draft pick + prospect (need to be agreed by both teams)

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
with salary retention.
Depending on the retention, agreed.
He is a guy who looks like he is still a legit top 4, but you never know if he will be the next Marleau/Thorton/Jagr who keeps his play up there for the rest of his contract, or if one summer he will show up and just be done.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Depending on the retention, agreed.
He is a guy who looks like he is still a legit top 4, but you never know if he will be the next Marleau/Thorton/Jagr who keeps his play up there for the rest of his contract, or if one summer he will show up and just be done.
the problem with anything on the Bhawks now and in the future in ref to trades. unless SB really like the prospect then the trade can be done. however this is my assessment that SB will need to will all the trades going forward. to redeem himself.

i will do it b/c the need to help facilitate the trade, the Bhawks will need to entice a team to look at the pkg that the Bhawks is offering.

remember this is my opinion.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Expansion draft and his NMC complicates this a lot. What team wants to protect a 37 year old in the ED?

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Wonder if Chicago would be willing to move him to Dallas like they did with Sharp

Not that we are contenders and we would have to make room but still.

If he goes it'd probably be to somewhere outside the Central.

Not that I'd be opposed to Dallas adding him....like you mentioned, there is a history between the two clubs. :dunno:

I actually must've forgot Sharp even retired.....had to look it up, because I couldn't remember where he was playing. :laugh:

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
Expansion draft and his NMC complicates this a lot. What team wants to protect a 37 year old in the ED?

Actually Keith would be totally movable he’s owed something like 2.5 mill in real dollars he could easily be a Tim Thomas type move..

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
A bottom-six forward, an AHL goaltender, and a 2nd? Come on.

Timonen missed almost an entire season, didn't even play for the Flyers that year, and was months from retirement. And he got a second. Keith will get more than that.
You left out the cap dump. Amacs deal now cancels kieths money later. So we're left with a middle pairing defenseman making middle pair money for 3 years. He brings an expected 20-30 pts and great off ice intangibles.

Im starting the bidding at a 2nd+ the plus being a young nhler who could benefit from a change of scenery and a goalie prospect who doesn't fit in phillys plans. Im open to a similar package say sawapping in vex and Stolarz or getting bid up by another team but i think value is about right its just a question of fit and Chicago s needs which im not familiar with

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Once Keith waives the NMC this isn't a problem anymore

That's not how it works. If they waive it once it's not necessarily gone forever. The acquiring team has the option to keep it or not. In practice what that means is if the acquiring team indicates they won't honor it, the player declines to waive to be moved there at all.

Reactions: LDF

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad