GDT: Blackhawks vs Jets March 18 7:00 CT [Mod: No tank talk]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
This style of going down on every shot will get you drummed out the league when they slim down equipment.

If you don't go down guys just start going low on you. Do you know how many goals Gretz scored on guys straight on below the knees? Far to many. That's how many.
The butterfly with big pads is by far and away one of the major reasons scoring is down IMO. Getting rid of big pads will up scoring a bit but butterfly won't go away I don't think.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
If you don't go down guys just start going low on you. Do you know how many goals Gretz scored on guys straight on below the knees? Far to many. That's how many.
The butterfly with big pads is by far and away one of the major reasons scoring is down IMO. Getting rid of big pads will up scoring a bit but butterfly won't go away I don't think.

Don't forget the umpire style chest protector they wear with the peaks on the shoulders they just cover the whole net take that away and they'll have to stand up more

winnipeg

Oct 9, 2015
Kelowna

Butterfly is the best style so far. But to use gretztky as an example is strange. He scored 1,000 points more than the next best. Tbat's not to do with goalie's style, but more to do with the fact that gretzky is the best that ever was.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Butterfly is the best style so far. But to use gretztky as an example is strange. He scored 1,000 points more than the next best. Tbat's not to do with goalie's style, but more to do with the fact that gretzky is the best that ever was.

I just used Gretz because he knew how to exploit it but any goalscorer of the times was scoring a whack load of goals down low.
Shots that would be routine saves with current equipment and styles.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Don't forget the umpire style chest protector they wear with the peaks on the shoulders they just cover the whole net take that away and they'll have to stand up more

I don't think they'll shrink the equipment much especially chest protectors.. NHLPA will never let it happen.

As long as they can claim that this is safer to use than previous equipment styles they will continue to be able to use it.
GoalieChestArm-Brodeur.jpg

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Don't worry - others will on your behalf.

Over the years I respected yours and Whiteout 403 posts.
I can say Pavs can astound and disappoint.
Calgary he sucked against
Tonight he has played very well
It's not his fault how he is managed
Having said that I'll be glad when he is gone , but I wish him well

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I don't think they'll shrink the equipment much especially chest protectors.. NHLPA will never let it happen.

As long as they can claim that this is safer to use than previous equipment styles they will continue to be able to use it.

Thats mostly protecting areas that dont exist

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Thats mostly protecting areas that dont exist

Yeah it is crazy. What they need to do is start developing graphene equipment. Twice the stopping power of kevlar, absorbs a **** tonne of force. When it becomes cheaper they can make goalie gear out of that and shrink it right down until its practically no bigger than the wearer.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB

I think you'll see in the coming year they will taper the equipment, Corey Hirsch had a nice feature about this a few weeks back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad