GDT: Blackhawks @ Vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Game suspension

Feb 11, 2018
this is a playoff team, we just played without Kane, Murphy and Forsling..

Forsling ( and arguably Murphy) shouldn't be put in the same sentence as Kane. I think we all take for granted the durability and consistency of Kane because he is always there leading the offensive charge. Without him there is a pretty huge whole as we saw last night.

I'd say the hawks are a playoff bubble team as it appears Crawford is back in form. But that is only if they avoid injury to their key players. There is just little depth at every position. Let's just say the hawks are not a playoff bubble team without Kane. Hope he plays tonight.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Forsling ( and arguably Murphy) shouldn't be put in the same sentence as Kane. I think we all take for granted the durability and consistency of Kane because he is always there leading the offensive charge. Without him there is a pretty huge whole as we saw last night.

I'd say the hawks are a playoff bubble team as it appears Crawford is back in form. But that is only if they avoid injury to their key players. There is just little depth at every position. Let's just say the hawks are not a playoff bubble team without Kane. Hope he plays tonight.
if Forsling and Murphy force Manning and Rutta out of the lineup, their impact is bigger than Kane!! joking of course..not really though!

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
We can then try to trade Rutta for a bottom 6 forward who can replace someone like Martineson or Johnson (I love Johnson's effort but talent just isn't there)

Manning is just abysmal and only thing we can do is bury him in AHL and have Stanley go to Rocky's office and explain why he essentially set fire to 4.5M of Rocky's money

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
We can then try to trade Rutta for a bottom 6 forward who can replace someone like Martineson or Johnson (I love Johnson's effort but talent just isn't there)

Manning is just abysmal and only thing we can do is bury him in AHL and have Stanley go to Rocky's office and explain why he essentially set fire to 4.5M of Rocky's money
you act like this guy wasn't brought in for Q....and which is the worst buffoonery, the GM who signed this bum, or the coach that continues to play him 15 minutes a night????

Bowman should have his head looked at for signing Manning for two years, or his pro scouts should be shot...but of course you will leave out his signing of Davidson, Kahun, and Gus...the same Gus you ripped to shreds for signing for 2 years...those three deals alone wash out any of this filth that Manning has infested this organization with...

Rutta has value and can be moved when Murphy/Forsling arrive - there are enough teams that could use him at the deadline..so even though I was okay with the Rutta signing because of what he has shown prior, he really hasn't looked good yet, and if the groin is still an issue for him, he should sit for a few more weeks until he is ready to play the way he is capable of playing.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

Ok, I legitimately LOL'd at this. Well played.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
It finally hit me what the problem has been so far with Manner...he’s not getting enough ice time. Hakstol often had him playing 18-20 minutes a game for the Flyers. He can’t get into his rhythm and groove only playing 13-15.

Give him more time, Q. You will see a world of difference.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
It finally hit me what the problem has been so far with Manner...he’s not getting enough ice time. Hakstol often had him playing 18-20 minutes a game for the Flyers. He can’t get into his rhythm and groove only playing 13-15.

This is a ban worthy post. Time to shut down the account, Brandon.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Speaking of Crawford. Not a single word about his performance in Vancouver. He wasn't very sharp. Some folks would be quoting numbers and dissing Ward if it was him between the pipes last night.
His last 2 outings have been rather rough, which is a fair enough point. But to be completely fair to him and Ward, this year Ward hasn't had to deal with a lobotomized d-man firing it on his own net.

I think Crawford rights himself soon enough. Though I have to say I'd write it off as Justifiable if he went after Manning like Hextall did to Chelios.

Reactions: LDF

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Are you f***ing kidding me?

Reactions: boxcar65

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
His last 2 outings have been rather rough, which is a fair enough point. But to be completely fair to him and Ward, this year Ward hasn't had to deal with a lobotomized d-man firing it on his own net.

I think Crawford rights himself soon enough. Though I have to say I'd write it off as Justifiable if he went after Manning like Hextall did to Chelios.

oh man that needs to be frame a great response.

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
Are you ****ing kidding me?

I might be stretching it a bit, but it does seem to me he played better the more he played the past three seasons. Look, all I will say is he’s not as bad as what he has shown this year. Send him wherever. I hope Forsling and Murphy can truly help.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

tumblr_phjeq20V5E1xkok61o1_400.jpg

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Manning sucks and shouldn’t be on the team but there is no point continually making him the scapegoat. Replacing him is not going to make this team good. Top to bottom they have too many holes, coaching sucks. Easy to keep pointing the finger at the crappiest player on the team and blaming him but there are 18 other guys out there with him. The team overall blows, we all kind of knew it before the season started.

Some of these games they've lost fall squarely on the shoulders of Manning and his terrible play. I can remember at least 4 goals he is directly responsible for. And I know that number is higher.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Speaking of Crawford. Not a single word about his performance in Vancouver. He wasn't very sharp. Some folks would be quoting numbers and dissing Ward if it was him between the pipes last night.
And you would be saying none of the goals were Cam Wards fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad