GDT: Blackhawks @ Vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I do not want to hear the let's take the positives from this gNe (there werefew)because the negatives were so egregiously bad .

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Every time I look at this roster I just keep thinking there is more to be had out of it.

Is there?

Our bottom 6 guys play hard but most lack offensive talent and on D guys like Rutta , Gus and Davidson have issues and can go from amazing to downright putrid in play from period to period while Manning is an absolute joke of a player

This team at best if everything goes right is a WC team

Reactions: LDF

Geoist

May 1, 2015
And if that was Kunitz or Kruger who turned puck over tonight in that fashion you would be calling for them to be put on waivers and blaming them 100%

Actually, no I would not. As I said, it was an unlucky situation and no one would have noticed the so-called 'egregious' turnover if Hayden had his stick.

Toews screwed up and it ended up in back of net. It happens but it hurt Hawks tonight and came at worst possible moment

Of course it hurt and happened at the worst possible moment. The difference is you think it was a bench-worthy offense, I saw it as unlucky.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Is there?

Our bottom 6 guys play hard but most lack offensive talent and on D guys like Rutta , Gus and Davidson have issues and can go from amazing to downright putrid in play from period to period while Manning is an absolute joke of a player

This team at best if everything goes right is a WC team

i kinda of agree except in the bold. for me it feels as it is from game to game .... but when they are off sync, that is the hardest to not only look at but to accept ...... down right bone head plays i saw tonite.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Manning should not be playing. That alone is a roster mistake big enough for two losses. Quenneville literally asked Bowman to sign him and it was his guy so it makes it even funnier he’s this garbage.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Manning should not be playing. That alone is a roster mistake big enough for two losses. Quenneville literally asked Bowman to sign him and it was his guy so it makes it even funnier he’s this garbage.
you telling me Q went out and in this concept, asked SB to sign him ??

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I don’t mean literally he wanted Brandon Manning. Maybe he did maybe he didn’t, what I mean was, it was the style of defenseman he wanted them to sign. I can’t find the tweets about it anymore but I remember Scott and Mark talking about it back in the off-season. I remember Q being very happy about the signing.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChiHawks10

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Hayden played amazing, why this kid is ever out of the lineup just blows my mind, Kampf is on the same boat.

Saad was a beast out there

Manning was horrendous

Kunitz played ok for once but I still don’t wanna see him playing anymore and would much rather a kid play

Crawford was meh, glimpses of the Crawford that I didn’t like that couldn’t make timely saves, Hawks pretty much dominated this game yet he lets in so many goals...

Last edited:

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
Hayden played amazing, why this kid is ever out of the lineup just blows my mind, Kampf is on the same boat.

Saad was a beast out there

Manning was horrendous

Kunitz played ok for once but I still don’t wanna see him playing anymore and would much rather a kid play

Crawford was meh, glimpses of the Crawford that I didn’t like that couldn’t make timely saves, Hawks pretty much dominated this game yet he lets in so many goals...
Hawks played well the first half but the Canucks took over in the 2nd half. Crow made plenty of saves until Toews gave them that glorious chance in the slot because Hayden didn't have his stick.

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
And if that was Kunitz or Kruger who turned puck over tonight in that fashion you would be calling for them to be put on waivers and blaming them 100%

Toews screwed up and it ended up in back of net. It happens but it hurt Hawks tonight and came at worst possible moment
With Toews being the only white jersey to contest the puck along the halfboards and noticing two players pinching along with his D-Man stickless, he made the right hockey play for the information he had when retrieving the puck. Unfortunately, Hayden forked over his stick while on the strong side of the play and clearly no verbal communication was made.

It was a broken hockey play caused by bad timing.

djeck42

Jan 26, 2011
Yeah Manning was the stay at home guy that Q wanted after the season last year

To make matters worse... he was also considering a THREE year deal from the Predators, but chose the Hawks. Would be great to be able to laugh at their horrible signing but tis the Hawks instead

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
Toews had no business attempting to make that pass thru center ice

Kunitz did same thing vs Yotes and was crucified for it here
Where should he have gone with the puck?

Do you know how to breakout of the zone in transition with a heavy forecheck?

Enyaw

The names ... Wayne
Jan 17, 2014
So if Dec rolls around and this team is a few games over .500 ... does Scotty B make the change and fire Q?

This is not a playoff team

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Manning said in a mid-game interview he met with Q before signing here! I'm not sure if that's normal or not but I figure that means he got the thumbs up from the stache.

IMO, beyond the lockout season this team has always looked like this. Out of sorts and overly "patient" then sloppy for extended periods of time but either had the collective ability to turn on the jets when it matters or the collective 2 way play & goaltending to keep the puck out of the net.

So, we're watching a team that isn't built to succeed on talent alone that also continues to have the on ice issues the Hawks have always had. We were able to turn on the offensive jets for a while but knew that would't work every game.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Every time I look at this roster I just keep thinking there is more to be had out of it.
wow i really think the opposite...i think they are overachieving right now. we have probly a bottom 5 defense in the league and nobody that can score on the bottom 6.

Reactions: Hawkaholic

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Where should he have gone with the puck?

Do you know how to breakout of the zone in transition with a heavy forecheck?

It just doesn't happen with Toews. I don't know what he was thinking but there's no defending that pass attempt/turnover by Toews. Just like Schmaltz's brain fart for another goal against. Those turnovers just can't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad