Blackhawks to name Kyle Davidson full time GM

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
I was looking forward to discussing ACTUAL hockey news and progress in our growing community!

...only to find the Blackhawks are sticking with status quo STILL and just slapping a lesser known face on it

F

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
So they went through the entire process and wasted who knows how much time, money, and energy, only to say that they are staying with who they already had as interim GM. This is becoming a Classic "Wurtz" thing to do. Can't wait for the press conference where Wurtz gets pressed on some questions.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Meh

Will give him chance

Sorta expected this now since he has interim tag off, he needs to start shipping out players/prospects who are not in longterm plans

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Strikes me as a hire who can be easily controlled by ownership. It’s not like any other team would have hired him as their GM right now so he’s probably just content to get the gig with a nice pay hike and tell people that he’s one of only 32 people in the world who does this for a living. Doesn’t mean he won’t be good at it but definitely not an exciting hire.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Looks like after an exhaustive search Rocky found his boy. I expect big changes to the organization in the near future with Rocky and his boy Kyle leading the way. :sarcasm:

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
only 18 replies? is there no fanfare for this hiring at all or what?
You expect a gm hire to have lots of posts on the main thread? The Pat Verbeek thread for the ducks has 3 pages and that's over days, it's not big national news because you don't know much of what a GMs done or gonna do by a hire around the league.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
only 18 replies? is there no fanfare for this hiring at all or what?
I’m gonna say no from me, dawg.

The Blackhawks are irrelevant and are looking to stay that way for the next three to five years. The only thing of interest was who would be the sucker they could get to clean up the mess. Turns out the “GM search” was nothing but a sham.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad