NHL BlackHawks sexual assault case - Blackhawks fire Jeremy Colliton

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Unfortunately, unless the owners feel a real threat to their profits, Bettman is going nowhere. They'll ride this out and see how it goes and if there is minimal disruption of league cash flow, he keeps his job. That's the moral compass these people are using.
I feel it, he is going. It’s taking longer then it should but the tower continues to wobble and it will fall. They did nothing right and they don’t have some right to avoid consequence. In this age leagues that fight the tide will pay more. The NHL owners should move quickly or they risk paying more and more.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I was hazed when I joined a sorority at the first college I attended which was down south where sororities and fraternities are a way of life just like football.

Some of the girls who were part of the popular group would befriend the new girls and then test them to see if they would fall in line or rat them out. They would give us alcohol in the bathrooms at events or we'd pregame at someone's apartment and then they would introduce you to guys in the frats and ditch you.

You were supposed to do what they told you to do and if you didn't, they made your life miserable. I got real lucky because the first time this happened to me, the picked the wrong guy. He ended up being one of the leaders of his frat and an amazing guy who knew exactly what they were trying to do. He went out of his way to make sure that any of the guys in his frat that went along with their bs would get punished and reported.

After that the girls made my life hell with comments about my weight, appearance, intelligence and would find obscure shit in the bylaws that would get me hauled in to be questioned and sanctioned. At that point I didn't care and would continue to call them out. Nothing was ever done to them.

I got damn lucky nothing bad happened to me.

I know it happened to others in my pledge class and they were forced to stay quiet and a few even left the sorority. Edit: I wasn't at the school when I found this info out and I was never contacted by anyone so I can only surmise that it was never reported and if it was, things were settled.

Looking back on it, it was nothing more than a cult. I lasted 6 months before I pulled the plug and left the school. I rarely talk about it unless someone asks. It is a time in my life that I prefer to ignore and forget it ever happened. I usually say I took a year off between high school and starting college.

Last edited:

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Ali’s story is a good example of how it takes more just a microscope on men to rid our society of toxic “masculinity”, where in the men in her story were actually the good guys and the behavior of the women was causing the harm.

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad