Speculation: Blackhawks Restricted Free Agents

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Sure, but Larmer was arguing that Frolik got the contract to be a bottom six player.

I'd need to go back and check but the response to the extension was largely positiveo on this board.

BronYrAur

Nov 29, 2011
Hagelin got $2.2m a year so I really cannot see Kruger getting more than around $1.7-1.8m.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
The only one to express dislike for the Frolik contract was..........BobbyJet, with Swanny expressing concerns to a lesser degree. Some of the mods, really missed the mark with their comments.:laugh:

Sorry guys.

topnotch

Oct 20, 2010

BronYrAur

Nov 29, 2011
The only one to express dislike for the Frolik contract was..........BobbyJet, with Swanny expressing concerns to a lesser degree. Some of the mods, really missed the mark with their comments.:laugh:

Sorry guys.

It was worth it to take a cheap flyer on a guy who had previously scored 20 goals in 2 different seasons. He didn't cost much and while he sucked in 11-12 he was certainly one of the best 4th liners in the league this season and we at least got a couple of picks for him. Far from a bad contract.

Nothingman*

Sorry guys.

Thanks for the memory MM. There were a few of us expressing the concern over a contract.

Now....on to Kruger. Wonder what is going on behind the scenes.....

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Kruger signed his contract at the age of 20 and therefore requires 4 professional seasons (at least 10 games played). I'm guessing arb rights only count NHL and AHL games. That means he needs two more seasons before he becomes arb eligible.

Ahhh I see. Thanks!

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Kruger signed his contract at the age of 20 and therefore requires 4 professional seasons (at least 10 games played). I'm guessing arb rights only count NHL and AHL games. That means he needs two more seasons before he becomes arb eligible.

Yes, I think its impossible to be arbitration eligible coming off of an ELC.

Flames just re-signed Backlund at 2 yrs x 1.5M. Probably a good benchmark for Kruger.

SLarmer28*

You mean Handzus?
All it will take is a few defensive gaffs by Brandon Pirri early into next season and Michal Handzus will be back in the second line center role before you can say the phrase "Greyhound Bus Lines".

SLarmer28*

Like I said 4-5 days ago, don't be surprised if this takes 10+ days after UFA opening. That's not in anyway unusual.
Marcus Kruger .......

Blini
Red Borscht
Carp
Beluga Caviar
Russian Vodka

Greetings Comrade! Wouldn't you join us in the KHL?

LeMackan

Jan 30, 2013
Stockholm
I hope you Blackhawks fans can help me get this, but haven't Kruger improved quite a lot since how he played when he first came? I have to say, I have seen like 15-20 Blackhawks games this season including playoffs and especially inspecting Kruger on these since he left for you guys.

He has always had great defensive skills and its those I especially think he has evolved. My impression is that he gets a lot of defensive responsibility in those situations defensive skill is required, as in bp and trying to hold the lead at the end of games. And he has done it very well in my opinion, but I do agree he should get hard practice regarding faceoffs.

When he first game to Blackhawks I remember someone saying he reminded a bit of Dave Bolland, even thou he might not have the same offensive skills when it comes to finishing, but that the defensive skills were something to hold on to.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've been watching him constantly for 4 years in Sweden and have always seen a potential in this kid develop into a NHL team's, top defensive center. I think he has done it well so far from what I've seen, but I would appreciate an opinion from someone who has followed him closer than I have. Maybe he hasn't taken that step I've hoped for. If someone could tell me his status I would appreciate it. Please?

Best regards from "The Stockholm". :)

/Markus

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
Kruger's got great defensive positioning, no problem taking a hit to make the play -- and trust me, he takes plenty of hits -- and a motor that lets him just keep on going like nothing happened.

He's bad at faceoffs, and some extra muscle wouldn't hurt, so he definitely still has more potential to develop.

But he's proven that he's already a very good defensive center in the NHL.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
People saw Kruger's numbers in the SEL and expected another offensive star. He's not that, but now its caused people to under rate him. He's a very good defensive centerman in the bottom 6 that can chip in with a little offense.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Krüger is underrated and I still think with more offensiv responsibility he would put up more points now than 1 1/2 years ago

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad