Confirmed with Link: Blackhawks Re-sign Michal Rozsival (2 Years, $2.2M AAV)

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Stan did not keep Leddy to be just a #6d and the 3rd LD on the depth chaft..he is banking on a star emergence like the impacts of Karlsson and Letang as elite scori.g and elite pp qbs.. The problem is that IF that hope transpires then you have STAR Leddy + STARS T +K all with expiring contracts in 2 yrs..you probably cannot keep all 3 and still have a qualigy deep team..but there willbe an OPPORTUNITy then because it is the McDavid draft and maybe you can trade 2 of the 3 potential cap hell problems awY to get immediate 3 yr relief. .gives time to better cope with managing stars to cap via staggeringrather than 3 of the bivgest impact player contracts demanding the moon at the SAME TIME while sgill also being plagued eith the Hossa untradeable contract then as his impact starts diminishing..Stan is too smart not to start planning for this Now.. MEANTIME EIN ANOTHER CUP..asking for 2 more CUPS in the next 2 yrs is too unrealistic..but if we get 1more Cup with T+K+Leddy while we still can afford them all is a nice goal..then thank you yo 2 of them..sell hivh..get a Generational talent at centre back..That would.be My plan how to handle the impending cridis in 2 yrs....you turn a crisis.into a great.OPPORTUNITY if you can..give up.mucho to get mucho that solves a cap crunch providing relief for 3 years giving time to stagger out manouevres that move other pieces to keep the club as a perenniel contender..

Steve Larmer

Oct 17, 2008
To answer fiddy's more legitimate concern, especially over an 82 game season, it wouldn't be surprising to see Leddy and Oduya rotating between that 4 and 5 spot throughout most of this season. Leddy will never get 1st pairing minutes on this club as long as Keith is on the team. Leddy's realistic upside is going to be a great #3/4 dman to play with Hjalmarsson

Or be a #1/#2 on another team. I'm thinking that's his destiny, our fate.

Steve Larmer

Oct 17, 2008
Stan did not keep Leddy to be just a #6d and the 3rd LD on the depth chaft..he is banking on a star emergence like the impacts of Karlsson and Letang as elite scori.g and elite pp qbs.. The problem is that IF that hope transpires then you have STAR Leddy + STARS T +K all with expiring contracts in 2 yrs..you probably cannot keep all 3 and still have a qualigy deep team..but there willbe an OPPORTUNITy then because it is the McDavid draft and maybe you can trade 2 of the 3 potential cap hell problems awY to get immediate 3 yr relief. .gives time to better cope with managing stars to cap via staggeringrather than 3 of the bivgest impact player contracts demanding the moon at the SAME TIME while sgill also being plagued eith the Hossa untradeable contract then as his impact starts diminishing..Stan is too smart not to start planning for this Now.. MEANTIME EIN ANOTHER CUP..asking for 2 more CUPS in the next 2 yrs is too unrealistic..but if we get 1more Cup with T+K+Leddy while we still can afford them all is a nice goal..then thank you yo 2 of them..sell hivh..get a Generational talent at centre back..That would.be My plan how to handle the impending cridis in 2 yrs....you turn a crisis.into a great.OPPORTUNITY if you can..give up.mucho to get mucho that solves a cap crunch providing relief for 3 years giving time to stagger out manouevres that move other pieces to keep the club as a perenniel contender..

Holy **** I actually agree with everything

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Wait, is it one year or two years? So confuzzed.

If it's 2 years, I expect it to be between 4.6-5M total.

If it's 1 year, I expect it to be for 2.5-2.8M.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
As for next yr..it is Crawford Hammer Pirri Raanta Shaw Morin J. Hayes. ALL with expired contracts after this season..If the cap goes up only 10% that is only $6.4 mil more to the pot to sign Some of themmcrawford alone will demand market value which would start around 6.5 mil per yr..so upping from his current contract that eats up about $4.25 from that pot leaving only abou $ 2.15 mil to up Hammer Raanta Shaw and Pirri let alone the.other two..ok add in the $ 1 million saved from Handzus not being there after this season..but still the.numbers not going to work..conclusion Crawford willbe unaffordable.. Willbe loking for goalie at half the Crawford price..unless a lipeline goalie emerges to cheaply back up Raanta who would be upped upto half the Crawford price..it allbegs the question as to why Stan drafted Hartman instead of taking a goalie off the cream of this crop..not Fucale who will flop..but they should have taken Jarry. .instead that kid willbe a generational goalie for Pitt on a few yrs..but he could have been cheaply backing up for us to our 3million goalie. .because no way can we afford Crawford at $6.5 mil plus in 2014/15..instead ee will lose Crawford for nothing to ufa then..Unless of course they trade Kane..but if they do that then it takes us out of trging to deal for McDavid a yr latter...whi h deoends also on the Leddy emerges strategy.. In the ens...that Hossa albatross contract is going to start pinching. ..real doon..capiche? Our great capologist Stanbo failed to alert Rocky to these coming problems..He still could.have gotten Hartman at #30 but hot a second first rounder by trafing Leddy and drafted our goalie insurance with that otherfirst..buteither he triedand failed because other GMs more skeptical Leddy can emerge to.impact big..or Stan opted instead to develop Leddy over the next 2 yrs to that impsct elite level and THEN trade him at higher vslue in some multiplayer deal for greater value THEN.

BUT we face a goalie crisis with lising Crawford next yr. For.no Return back..

As to this season..we have 21 signed. ..includes Rozsival..capgeek showed us st 20 signed with $5.845 mil under the cap..If Rozsival 's cap number is $3 million per yr then we only have 2.845 mil to sign Kruger +add Raanta as backup at his contract number of $1.44 million..so that leaves only $1.405 mil for Kruger and we then have zero cap space remaining for a 23 man roster which does not include Drew Leblanc...obvioudly you need to waive Carcillo and Bollig to get us the cap space to include Leblanc and still we are over the cap a bit...unless Rozsival's.number came in a few hundred k less.. To creat more cap space theyneedto trade Brookbank for a 7th d who is $ 400-500k cheaper..In other eords this yr is still quite a mess. .unless Leblanc is in Rockford and only called up if Handzus goes on LTIR.. I cant see them both on he roster given this math...unless they waive Bollig and Carcillo and gst a cheaper 7th D thzn Brookbank..AND if Kruger's cap number is no more than about $1.4 million per..

LarmerSavardSecord

Jun 12, 2010
Wicker Park
As for next yr..it is Crawford Hammer Pirri Raanta Shaw Morin J. Hayes. ALL with expired contracts after this season..If the cap goes up only 10% that is only $6.4 mil more to the pot to sign Some of themmcrawford alone will demand market value which would start around 6.5 mil per yr..so upping from his current contract that eats up about $4.25 from that pot leaving only abou $ 2.15 mil to up Hammer Raanta Shaw and Pirri let alone the.other two..ok add in the $ 1 million saved from Handzus not being there after this season..but still the.numbers not going to work..conclusion Crawford willbe unaffordable.. Willbe loking for goalie at half the Crawford price..unless a lipeline goalie emerges to cheaply back up Raanta who would be upped upto half the Crawford price..it allbegs the question as to why Stan drafted Hartman instead of taking a goalie off the cream of this crop..not Fucale who will flop..but they should have taken Jarry. .instead that kid willbe a generational goalie for Pitt on a few yrs..but he could have been cheaply backing up for us to our 3million goalie. .because no way can we afford Crawford at $6.5 mil plus in 2014/15..instead ee will lose Crawford for nothing to ufa then..Unless of course they trade Kane..but if they do that then it takes us out of trging to deal for McDavid a yr latter...whi h deoends also on the Leddy emerges strategy.. In the ens...that Hossa albatross contract is going to start pinching. ..real doon..capiche? Our great capologist Stanbo failed to alert Rocky to these coming problems..He still could.have gotten Hartman at #30 but hot a second first rounder by trafing Leddy and drafted our goalie insurance with that otherfirst..buteither he triedand failed because other GMs more skeptical Leddy can emerge to.impact big..or Stan opted instead to develop Leddy over the next 2 yrs to that impsct elite level and THEN trade him at higher vslue in some multiplayer deal for greater value THEN.

BUT we face a goalie crisis with lising Crawford next yr. For.no Return back..

As to this season..we have 21 signed. ..includes Rozsival..capgeek showed us st 20 signed with $5.845 mil under the cap..If Rozsival 's cap number is $3 million per yr then we only have 2.845 mil to sign Kruger +add Raanta as backup at his contract number of $1.44 million..so that leaves only $1.405 mil for Kruger and we then have zero cap space remaining for a 23 man roster which does not include Drew Leblanc...obvioudly you need to waive Carcillo and Bollig to get us the cap space to include Leblanc and still we are over the cap a bit...unless Rozsival's.number came in a few hundred k less.. To creat more cap space theyneedto trade Brookbank for a 7th d who is $ 400-500k cheaper..In other eords this yr is still quite a mess. .unless Leblanc is in Rockford and only called up if Handzus goes on LTIR.. I cant see them both on he roster given this math...unless they waive Bollig and Carcillo and gst a cheaper 7th D thzn Brookbank..AND if Kruger's cap number is no more than about $1.4 million per..

I never bought in to the infinite monkey at keyboard theory for Shakespeare works, but I’m thinking this is in the realm of possibilities.

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
This coupled with Bulin contract will make the cap tight. They are probably going to play hardball with Kruger.

I wouldn't mind parting ways with Kruger. Hawks aren't going to sign a significant free agent or make a big deadline deal so the cap being tight isn't that big of an issue for this year.

SLarmer28*

Nikolai Khabibulin - 1 year, $1.7 million base, $0.3 million bonus/incentives

Michal Rozsival - 2 years, ??????

I don't understand how one signing becomes public yet the other remains a mystery.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
This coupled with Bulin contract will make the cap tight. They are probably going to play hardball with Kruger.

I don't think Rozi is going to be much more expensive than he was this season.

After the cap hit comes in, I think we'll have about 1.6M in cap space, which should be enough for Kruger.

But if push comes to shove, I'd expect to see Carcillo, Brookbank, or Bollig moved in order to make a little extra room.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
There is no reason to get rid of him (if the price is reasonable).

agree with this.

how much turnover at center do we really want? it is our weakest position overall and now we need to fill Bolland's spot and if they move Shaw to wing that spot needs filling as well.

As much as I think Kruger is a ho-hum player who likely is out of the league in 3-4 years, I say re-sign the kid and keep him on that 4th line top pk role...

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So Rozsival got $ 4.4 mill over 2 yrs per TSN.. So $2.2 mil cap hit. leavong $ 2.4 MILLION FOR kruger and a cushion..if you want Leblanc on the squad would need to waive Catcillo and Bollig... very tight to the cap or over depending on the Kruger amount sttled on.. I guess Raanta is in Rockford this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad