Confirmed with Link: Blackhawks Re-sign Michal Rozsival (2 Years, $2.2M AAV)

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
2.2M is a solid number. Definitely could have gotten more on the market. Good deal for both sides.

LarmerSavardSecord

Jun 12, 2010
Wicker Park
That's a perfect contract. Nice compromise for a critical player at the end of his career. Full NMC in the first year, limited in the second year. He'll get lots of nights off but will asked to play big in the playoffs.

Now trade Brookbank - he got his reward for his role here - to clear a little space and make room for Stanton as a #7 and the D is done and perfect.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
After CapGeek held Stanley at gunpoint to get the contract details, I like the deal. He's a reliable, veteran, and calming presence on our third pair that can eat up 20 valuable minutes and play in the top-four well if there are injuries.

GGGHawks18

Dec 16, 2011
Love the signing. According to cap geek, just over 2.1 million left in cap space with a 21 man roster. Figure Kruger gets 1.5 of that. Stan spending right up on the cap, I like it.

SLarmer28*

The contract numbers are all in except for one individual.

Now what is the holdup with the Marcus Kruger negotiations?

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Now what is the holdup with the Marcus Kruger negotiations?

There isn't one. Most RFAs don't get resolved until about 10 days after UFA opens, especially ones who are tendered QOs and not signing a better offer like Leddy did. This is pretty standard here.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Yeah, no worries, Kruger will get done. Then they'll likely trade one of, or both of, Carcillo and/or Brookbank so that they have some breathing room.

BronYrAur

Nov 29, 2011
^ Right. Would rather have Kruger than Carcillo that is for sure. Probably prefer to have Brookbank than Carcillo also. I know Hoss is high on Stanton and I'm sure he could be a serviceable #6/7 d-man, too. But the Hawks were absurdly healthy on the blue line this year and at some point 1 or 2 or even 3 guys could go down at a time. It happened to a lot of teams this year. Always good to be 8 solid d-men deep back there.

Whereas Carcillo/Bollig could easily be interchanged with half a dozen forwards from Rockford.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
Thought it would be closer to 2.5 so I'm satisfied.

Things are looking good for next year.

CPHawksFan

That's Hockey Baby!!
Jun 17, 2011
Crown Point, IN
So Rozsival got $ 4.4 mill over 2 yrs per TSN.. So $2.2 mil cap hit. leavong $ 2.4 MILLION FOR kruger and a cushion..if you want Leblanc on the squad would need to waive Catcillo and Bollig... very tight to the cap or over depending on the Kruger amount sttled on.. I guess Raanta is in Rockford this year.

Fiddy nailed it!

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
^ Right. Would rather have Kruger than Carcillo that is for sure. Probably prefer to have Brookbank than Carcillo also. I know Hoss is high on Stanton and I'm sure he could be a serviceable #6/7 d-man, too. But the Hawks were absurdly healthy on the blue line this year and at some point 1 or 2 or even 3 guys could go down at a time. It happened to a lot of teams this year. Always good to be 8 solid d-men deep back there.

Whereas Carcillo/Bollig could easily be interchanged with half a dozen forwards from Rockford.

I'm really not that high on Stanton, I just don't think he has any more developing to do in Rockford and he's ready to play occasionally in the NHL.

Stanton does all the things Brookbank does, but he does them at a fraction of the price. Yeah, the Hawks depth would take a slight hit.. but having 8 NHL Dmen last year (if you include Montador) was a luxury. The Hawks depth would still be well above-average with Keith, Seabrook, Hammer, Oduya, Leddy, Roszival, Stanton and Clendening/Dahlbeck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad