GDT: Blackhawks @ Predators - 7:00CT NBCSCH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dankmemes187

Nov 18, 2020
hello, I'm a canucks fan.

a few fans on our team are whining about how gaudette already scored a point in his first game. Knowing he was traded for his lack of defensive awareness and effort, I watched the game and sure enough there was the same mistakes he was doing in vancouver.

here is my analysis on gaudettes play when he was on the ice for the goal against.

on the goal against. gaudette is slow to react to the play, so much so that the defenceman yells and points to the man hes supposed to be covering. gaudette then should have skated hard towards the defenceman favoring the center of the ice. gaudette did the complete opposite he glided and favored towards the boards. at the end of the play gaudette was about 5 feet out of position and 10 feet further away then he should have been.

the defenceman wisely faked the shot and made a play. gaudettes third/4th? mistake is with his stick. he is not doing what he is supposed to do. You have to get your stick in line towards the puck. only after the pass does he attempt to get his stick infront.

here is a good 2 minute video on what he was supposed to do.

if he reacted quick enough ther may have been only ten feet between the players instead of twenty, meaning there would be less time for the defenceman to make a play

there is a reason he played the least amount of time for both teams.

coolhand

Jan 20, 2016
Streamwood, IL
I really believe the Hawks have to change their philosophy. I know they want to play the up tempo style where everyone tries to attack on offense, but it's not working and the hawks do not have the players for that. They have to go defense first, cover your man in your zone, play the boards, and my lord why is there no d man in the crease? This team can score but giving up 4 or 5 goals a night you don't have a chance.

Reactions: Panzerspitze

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Should be rotating goalies more often then they have at this point Subban and Delia have only started 13 out of 46 games..maybe Subban takes the net now

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
The Hawks are who we thought they were.
Win the next 2 vs Preds or no chance at a playoff spot.
Unfortunate season but should be expected, trim the fat and school the youngins.
Hawks are building for the future.
The Hawks taking the next two vs a team like the Preds they don't match up well against is such an outlandish scenario that if they did, I would be looking at it as a potential turning point for the franchise. Dach, for instance, would have to start making a difference. He's a big forward who shields the puck well and plays the boards well, but it hasn't been leading to goals yet. His play needs to lead to goals if the Hawks want to beat the Preds.

WeAreSoPucked

Jan 15, 2021
Mom said there's be nights like that, and mornings like this.
I think that woman never did really like me tho.

J/k. Luvya Ma.
She also said, better days a-comin' ...
but she'd always get my hopes up just to crush them later on.

Kinda like the Hawks did this season.

Come to think of it, she did abandon me at the bus station and took that Greyhound to Nashville
No wonder I can't stand the Preds.

Missya Ma.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
So when I was saying hey enjoy these stupid ridiculous wins like that five goal on sixteen shot win against Dallas I said it because of nights like last night. Young rebuilding team with some pain in front of it.

Gotta win the next two or that’s a wrap. We’ll see.

You can’t possibly think playoffs are still on the table with the schedule they have ahead....

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
I really believe the Hawks have to change their philosophy. I know they want to play the up tempo style where everyone tries to attack on offense, but it's not working and the hawks do not have the players for that. They have to go defense first, cover your man in your zone, play the boards, and my lord why is there no d man in the crease? This team can score but giving up 4 or 5 goals a night you don't have a chance.

Agree. I said in one of my last videos that they just have to go back to basics.

Reactions: BobbyJet

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So of course Subban could pkay lijexa wall and stop even turonover/blown coverage/double deflection and fall down or go off due to lost helmet resultant goals that went i on Lankine.
.yes of course Subban could bail out these atrocious errors and single handedly turn bad defeats to victory.. It can happen that goalies pkay above expected goals ..but cone now...do we expect the Hawks atrocious vet d-corp and son-suport by the forwards to have mistake-free hanes?

Of course not...cause they have stunk all year in the d-zo neexand it is their habit to hang our goalies out to dry.

So you expect a different script tonight?

Rspecialky against tge Nashville style of daribgbuscto chip and chase which is how you beat them if you are good at it...which we are not..So they just pick off our passes and clog our entries to their zone and move picks out pfvtheirbown end before we van ever set up..and then they wait for us to make huge coverage or other major mistakes and bury the turnover chances.

Subban has to be a miracle worker to cope with the same old script repeating again tonight.

It never has been a question of Hawks learning from mistakes...more like they are incapable of repeating these mistakes and unable to perform the chip and chase with any consistency and effectiveness.

They do not need to learn
..just to do and not do certain things ...and if course a full 60 is required and that hardly is ever seen with the Hawks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad