Friedman: Blackhawks list of untouchable players

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Most times, people who pull the "you have no reading comprehension" card can't express their ideas clearly enough to be understood. You said Toews wasn't a 1C and has regressed since his big pay day. Now, either you were wrong or you didn't say what you meant to say.

He is not a 1c . Also you can't read that's crystal clear. Vacuous is just a better way to describe you.

dk2k

recovering cynic
Jul 5, 2017
He is not a 1c . Also you can't read that's crystal clear. Vacuous is just a better way to describe you.
You seem so bitter. I hope you're able to overcome whatever chip is on your shoulder. It's no way to go through life.

notheroic

Aug 2, 2005
Fort McMurray, AB
Realistically, Saad and Anisimov should be the top two on the block. Saad has been a failed experiment, but has speed to burn and could help another team.
Anisimov is still useful, but with Strome, he is now officially out of place on the team. I'd eat salary if I were Bowman to trade him if I had to. Wish he would have gone to Columbus for a pick last year.

Kruger, sure, whatever. I don't see why anyone would want to trade Kahun. Good fast player, same with Caggiula. They can stay and round out the bottom six. Plus both can move up in the lineup in a pinch. They're valuable.

Jokiharju is going nowhere.

On the blueline, Forsling and Gustafsson to me are the prime trade candidates. Gustafsson because his value is sky high and Chicago has D men who are offensive blue chippers in the wings next year.
Forsling seems like the odd man out w/ Seabrooks contract and Murphy being a real solid defender.

Anyways, my preference would be to trade Saad to free up some space, trade Anisimov if you can to also free up space. Sign a big ticket guy in the offseason. Chicago isn't that far out from being relevant again with Toews, Debrincat and Kane producing the way they are. Strome also as a major secondary piece.

Znith

Aug 16, 2012

Toews is 17th in scoring this season for C's.
6th in faceoff % for anyone >30gp and 15mpg
High level defensively

How is he not a #1C in this league?

Of course he is no Crosby, McDavid, but saying he is not a #1C is just ignorant.

I'm not even a blackhawks fan and I can see that

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
Realistically, Saad and Anisimov should be the top two on the block. Saad has been a failed experiment, but has speed to burn and could help another team.
Anisimov is still useful, but with Strome, he is now officially out of place on the team. I'd eat salary if I were Bowman to trade him if I had to. Wish he would have gone to Columbus for a pick last year.

Laughable saad can and should still be here u less there is a massive overpay.

Anisimovr is not useful especially not in Chicago. He’s a 3rd left wing at this point

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I got cut off on the last page it seems, but what would the asking prices of Saad, Anisimov and/or Murphy be from Vancouver?

We have some obvious deficiencies that these three could help address if the price isn't over the moon.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
So bergeron must not be a 1c either

Because bergeron in his career is .77 PPG with five seasons under 60 pts excluding the shortened season

Toews in his career is .85 PPG with with five seasons under 60 pts excluding the shortened season

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
where else are the Hawks going to get a 1C centre in the next four years unless they get lucky and get Hughes this year. He is back to his old self and putting up almost a point a game with the worst wingers of any 1c in the league. Imagine if he was playing with Panarin and Kane, like Bergeron gets (Marchand and Pastrnak)

Not quite sure where, "Hawks should entertaining trading him" = "I need to defend his production". I still said he was elite. So elite players aren't traded? You don't think it would be prudent to make a move like let's say the Weber trade? Unless you think Toews is going to be elite his entire career, what's the harm in dealing a guy now and jumpstarting a minor rebuild? Again, this all hinges on if that's the route management wants to go.

I really don't get all the comments with people defending the production, like trades only happen with poor producing players. Bizzarro world in here.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
why are kane and toews untouchable?

Chicago isn't going anywhere for a while. Retain some $$$ on them and send them packing for some nice assets.

Let's see. Both have full NMCs, have a house in Chicago, have already won everything in the NHL, and they are a huge marketing asset for Chicago. Yeah that's not happening.

saluki

Nov 18, 2017
Any contender not interested in Keith needs to tar and feather their GM before they run him out of town. His decline is way overdone.

Having that card in your deck during a close, intense playoff series is priceless. Its almost impossible to calculate how many times he's had the puck on his stick during in crucial situations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad