Friedman: Blackhawks list of untouchable players

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Friedman: Blackhawks ‘looking to breathe new life’ into organization

“I think they’re selling. I do,” began Friedman. “I think the problem is you’re not trading Kane, you’re not trading Toews, Seabrook is a tough one to do. I think at some point in time they will ask Duncan Keith would he be willing to do it, I just don’t know if that time is going to be now.
“I think in Delia they have a potential goalie to take the mantle from Crawford, if Crawford can’t play anymore. He looks like he’s going to be a player.
“So I think the biggest thing is going to be what is the piece they decide that they can move. Is it Saad, is it something else. But I do think they’re going to be looking to breathe new life into their organization.”
As a follow-up, Friedman was asked if the list of untouchables on the Blackhawks was simply Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews.
“I think it’s probably just those two,” agreed Friedman, although he qualified the answer after having had a moment to think.
“Actually, I shouldn’t say that,” continued the Insider. “I’m sure their best young players like Jokiharju - I’m sure they’re not interested in trading those guys. Those are the guys you’re building your - like, are they trading DeBrincat? No, I can’t see it.

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
Keith is guy they are likely trading as Seabrook is probably unmovable.

Crawford is movable in offseason maybe. But he probably should just retire for his well-being

SpaceCowboy

Feb 2, 2012
UNTOUCHABLE
Kane - 10.5 (4 more years) NMC
Toews - 10.5 (4 more years) NMC

DIFFICULT TO MOVE

Seabrook - 6.875 (5 more years) NMC
Keith - 5.3(4 more years) NMC

UNLIKELY TO MOVE
DeBrincat - 1 more RFA year.
Strome - 1 more RFA year.
Jokiharju - 2 more RFA years.

BEST TO SELL
Saad - 6 (2 more years)
Anisimov - 4.5 (2 more years) M-NTC
Murphy - 3.8 (3 more years)
Gustafsson - 1.2 (1 more)
Kruger - 2.77

-----

Realisitcally, Chicago is in a tough situation. But, it's the cost of their wicked cup runs, and wins. I'm sure they'll turn it around in a bit, but with those assets, Saad is the meal ticket that's probably going to net them the biggest return without selling their youth. Maybe they sell DeBrincat? But that seems unlikely. Perhaps other Blackhawks fans can enlighten whether there would be other young players unlikely to be traded.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
UNTOUCHABLE

DIFFICULT TO MOVE

UNLIKELY TO MOVE

BEST TO SELL
Saad - 6 (2 more years)
Kruger - 2.77

-----

Realisitcally, Chicago is in a tough situation. But, it's the cost of their wicked cup runs, and wins. I'm sure they'll turn it around in a bit, but with those assets, Saad is the meal ticket that's probably going to net them the biggest return without selling their youth. Maybe they sell DeBrincat? But that seems unlikely. Perhaps other Blackhawks fans can enlighten whether there would be other young players unlikely to be traded.

wonder if it was keith

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
UNTOUCHABLE

DIFFICULT TO MOVE

UNLIKELY TO MOVE

BEST TO SELL
Saad - 6 (2 more years)
Kruger - 2.77

-----

Keith can be traded in a millisecond. You don't get that caliber dman on his cap hit anymore, even if he's on the decline.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
Too bad for the Hawks that Clayton Keller has picked it up lately. If his slump had continued they could have just called the Coyotes and their "generational GM" and traded them a bag of pucks for Keller.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
UNTOUCHABLE

DIFFICULT TO MOVE

UNLIKELY TO MOVE

BEST TO SELL
Saad - 6 (2 more years)
Kruger - 2.77

-----

Agree with all of this except Murphy. Our best defender should not be on our sell list.

Reactions: Patriks7

Takasugi

Dec 7, 2018
why are kane and toews untouchable?

Chicago isn't going anywhere for a while. Retain some $$$ on them and send them packing for some nice assets.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Hawks aren’t really interested in taking salary back at this point. So some combo of picks and prospects most likely.
If they are trading Keith, they have to expect to take back some salary. If they are uninterested in taking back any salary, then they are uninterested in selling, which would go against what Friedman is saying.

Reactions: deaderhead28

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
If they are trading Keith, they have to expect to take back some salary. If they are uninterested in taking back any salary, then they are uninterested in selling, which would go against what Friedman is saying.
Hawks can take salary back, but the deal would have to center around picks and prospects

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017

And Keith probably wants to go to a contender. Philly is in kinda the same boat as Chicago.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
From that link OP posted:

"Before Peter Chiarelli got fired, I heard they were talking about something potentially big with Edmonton. But I don’t even know if that’s still on the map anymore. But I don’t know what they would have to give up that would really make Edmonton a ton better. "

That close for McDavid being a Blackhawk ;).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad