Rumor: Blackhawks interested in Marc-André Fleury, according to league source

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Yeah, Borgstrom's performance as a Hawk, thus far, is trash.

I don’t find him to be a promising prospect. Is he even a prospect anymore? He’s like the same age as Strome who most have labeled as a bust and want gone.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Honestly with Rask situation the B's are perfect landing spot for MAF

He can slide right into #1 job and they can have Swayman as #2 playing 25-35 games behind veteran Fleury

From all accounts Fleury is good teammate in net so it would be good for kid to have him around

B's remain at high level competitively with MAF in net for 2021-22 season and then can move on to having Swayman as #1 in 2022-23 season

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
They needed Fleury these last playoffs...couldn't have done their run without him. Just one more year on his contract so I think they can wait. I also think they should, out of respect for Fleury. He'll be very difficult to move anyway with his no trade list.

We'll see I guess. But I think it's best for everybody if Fleury stays right where he is.

Did they? I don’t think they did. Lenher is more than capable.

Respect? Come on, their window is now.

It is not hard to move players with a no trade list. I doubt the Hawks are on it anyway.

Reactions: bwana63

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Did they? I don’t think they did. Lenher is more than capable.

Respect? Come on, their window is now.

It is not hard to move players with a no trade list. I doubt the Hawks are on it anyway.

Lehner was injured and allowed 7 in his playoff comeback vs the Avs. If it wasn't for Fleury, they wouldn't have made it past anybody. Lehner has had lots of health issues. Capable when healthy but he hasn't played a lot of games in his career and the last years in particular.

Goalie market is very limited. Too many good ones around so even the good ones have almost zero value to begin with. How many teams do need a goalie and have the cap space and are looking to compete next season? He can probably put all of those on his list. And again, I think he earned the right to stay where he is and I don't think any team should be trading for an aging vet unwilling to move.

pnch40

May 31, 2015
Hawks are not contenders.

You pick up Fleury from Vegas with a sweetener.
And then you flip him to a contender at the deadline for picks and/or prospects.

Win/win

everyone keeps saying this but no one has mentioned in the same breath that fleury doesn’t want to move once, let alone 2 times in the same year.

Reactions: Hinterland

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Heaven forbid if they can land a decent goalie and a sweetener from Vegas, and then being able to flip Fleury at the deadline for more assets. Obviously, a horrible way to rebuild. Should just let Lankinen play all 82 to develop him further with no mentorship...

The only "downside" is if we make the playoffs and don't flip Fleury, or we acquire him by giving up good assets and not receiving anything.

You overestimate our GM.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
everyone keeps saying this but no one has mentioned in the same breath that fleury doesn’t want to move once, let alone 2 times in the same year.

Exactly. Said it many times already. Please leave poor old Fleury alone. Players at this stage of their career shouldn't get moved against their will. It's also not a smart thing to do because the motivation isn't gonna be there anyway.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Lehner was injured and allowed 7 in his playoff comeback vs the Avs. If it wasn't for Fleury, they wouldn't have made it past anybody. Lehner has had lots of health issues. Capable when healthy but he hasn't played a lot of games in his career and the last years in particular.

Goalie market is very limited. Too many good ones around so even the good ones have almost zero value to begin with. How many teams do need a goalie and have the cap space and are looking to compete next season? He can probably put all of those on his list. And again, I think he earned the right to stay where he is and I don't think any team should be trading for an aging vet unwilling to move.
What's funny to me is so many people had written Fleury off a short time ago. To a lesser extent, Price.

Goalies! Sheeeesh. There's no figuring them out.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

You mean the 7 goals where they hung him out to dry? Oh yeah good call. The 100% could had made it as far with Lehmer.

The rest is feelings, they are trying to win the cup and need centers. This how you get space.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
You mean the 7 goals where they hung him out to dry? Oh yeah good call. The 100% could had made it as far with Lehmer.

The rest is feelings, they are trying to win the cup and need centers. This how you get space.

You're not making any sense here.

Lehner was injured (as he often is) so no...they couldn't have made it without Fleury...unless of course you wanna claim that they could have won a round in front of Logan Thompson:laugh:

And no, he was bad in that game...which is why they went right back to Fleury.

Reactions: Muffinalt

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
You're not making any sense here.

Lehner was injured (as he often is) so no...they couldn't have made it without Fleury...unless of course you wanna claim that they could have won a round in front of Logan Thompson:laugh:

And no, he was bad in that game...which is why they went right back to Fleury.

It makes perfect sense if you use common sense.

You mean the AHL goalie of the year? Yeah he is a good goalie.

You are missing the point. They need to trade him to open up the space they need to add players. 12 AAV in goalies is too much.

Last edited:

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
It makes perfect sense if you use common sense.

You mean the AHL goalie of the year? Yeah he is a good goalie.

You are missing the point. They need to trade him to open up the space they need to add players. 12 AAV in goalies is too much.

Oh. So you're saying Vegas could have beaten the Avs with Logan Thompson as their starter? The Avs suck but that's quite the hot take, man:laugh::popcorn:

Is it? I think that's about in between of what the latest two Stanley Cup finalists were spending. I'd need to look it up but around 11 and 13 I believe it was. So once again, you're not making sense.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Oh. So you're saying Vegas could have beaten the Avs with Logan Thompson as their starter? The Avs suck but that's quite the hot take, man:laugh::popcorn:

Is it? I think that's about in between of what the latest two Stanley Cup finalists were spending. I'd need to look it up but around 11 and 13 I believe it was. So once again, you're not making sense.

No that is not what I am not what I am saying (remember that he round before round 2, the GK could 100% beat the wild with RL and LT). Am saying RL could take them just as far or farther on his own.

Tampa has spent 10.8 AAV on goalies and before that it was the Blues spending 5 and Washington spending 6. 12 million on goalies will not work. Winning teams are the proof because that is the goal.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011

He doesn't have much say. He doesn't have a NMC. He just has a modified 10 team no-trade list. It's barely an obstacle, trading him either now or at the TDL for an acquiring team.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
No that is not what I am not what I am saying (remember that he round before round 2, the GK could 100% beat the wild with RL and LT). Am saying RL could take them just as far or farther on his own.

Tampa has spent 10.8 AAV on goalies and before that it was the Blues spending 5 and Washington spending 6. 12 million on goalies will not work. Winning teams are the proof because that is the goal.

Again. You're not making sense because Lehner was injured, as he almost always is. And when he returned, he sucked ass. So no, they couldn't have made it this far without Fleury. Lehner is a good goalie when healthy but he's one of the most fragile goalies leaguewide. You can't possibly bank on him to lead you through an entire cup run.

And Montreal? Made it to the final spending 13?
So 11 works to win a cup but 12 doesn't?:laugh:

Reactions: Muffinalt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad