Friedman: Blackhawks heavily scouting the Kings

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Friedman's 31 thoughts
13. The Blackhawks are really pounding the pavement. GM Stan Bowman was at Arizona/Los Angeles on Tuesday. Cap-ologist Kyle Davidson made their last trip, which is not a regular occurrence. They had two scouts at Los Angeles/Vancouver last Tuesday, three at Dallas/Calgary on Wednesday and two more the following night for Los Angeles/Edmonton. That’s more Kings than in a blackjack shoe.

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
Please give us your 2019 1st round pick....... we'll give you Kopi!!!!!!!

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Wonder why they had 3 at Dallas/Calgary

There was a rumor a couple years back that Chicago approached Crawford about waiving his NMC around a framework to trade him to Calgary and he said no.

Knowing the Flames have been looking for goaltending recently and if Chicago is truly embracing the rebuild/retool, now is the time to move Crawford with 1.5 years left on his deal. The question would be if he continues to block it or if the team being bad the last couple years changed his mind

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Please give us your 2019 1st round pick....... we'll give you Kopi!!!!!!!
I see your terrible offer and raise you Seabrook for your 1st round pick. We'll even throw in a slightly used Brandon Manning for free. That's two (awful) players for the price of one (really good one). What a deal!

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
My guess would be that they are looking at LA's dmen.

Chicago has really struggled defensively this season. They have given up the 3rd most goals in the NHL. Their only real top-4 Dmen right now are the aging Keith and Seabrook. The rest are either not very good (Davidson, Manning, etc.) or just very young and inexperienced (Jokiharju).

Someone like Muzzin or Martinez would really help solidify their top-4.

I can see why Chicago would want their Cap-ologist there: LA is very tight against the cap and Chicago is not in a much better situation.

Both Muzzin and Martinez are at a cap hit of $4 million, which is not bad at all. Muzzin has really struggled this season and might be easier to obtain probably.

A guy like Jan Ruuta might fit well for LA. He is at $2.25 but is a free agent this summer. That would help LA's cap situation for next season (Doughty's new deal comes into play and they will be tight against the cap again). They did a similar move when getting a UFA to be in Hagelin for Pearson.

I'm thinking something like Muzzin for Ruuta + pick might do it...

Reactions: TheJuice99

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
Why would you want Rutta? He's terrible.

I dont think LA would necessarily want Ruuta...its just getting another asset that they can move at the trade deadline. Then also getting the pick, hopefully a 2nd, to help their future.

Chicago would need to move some cap back.

I dont see Chicago moving a 1st round pick for Muzzin...he is just not worth that right now.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
It sounds like Seabrook is getting moved , I heard either Vancouver for gagner and Patterson or Edmonton he is going to.

I also believe Crawford gets moved as well .

Rutta will have to go with murphy coming back.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
It sounds like Seabrook is getting moved , I heard either Vancouver for gagner and Patterson or Edmonton he is going to.

no chance but man that would be monstrous for the hawks

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
6 months of heavy back and forth scouting
rents a house in Los Angeles
examines every Kings game
creates a huge database of statistics from all players, runs it through a private firm for data analysis
hires an additional two scouts for the farm team
does routine sims on NHL 17 18 19 on both PS4 & Xbox
asks his dad for additional advice

*actual trade: Nate Thompson to Chicago for future considerations

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Forbort for Rutta

1) Forbort plays SAH LHD role on 3rd pair this year and next for Hawks or until outplayed by kid coming down pipeline. Rutta has no future in Chicago at this point
2) Kings can move Rutta at deadline for pick most likely and clear 2M in cap room by moving Forbort who is signed thru next year

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma

it would take a special type of stupid for someone to trade for Seabrook period. Never mind how bad his contract is, but he'd tie up one of the protection slots too.

Reactions: deaderhead28

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014

No.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes