Blackhawks Future rosters

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Really interested to see how our roster will shake out if Pirri, Saad, and Tuevo are all playing great and competing for 2 top 6 spots.

apparently Teuvo's decent defensively - Q seemed happy about his defense. So if that's the case and he transitions to the N. Am. game fine I expect he'd have the inside track over Pirri.

Next year, Pirri is no longer waiver exempt - neither, for that matter, will be Morin.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
UPDATED

What I hope to see in 2015-16

Saad Toews Kane
Sharp TT Hossa
Bickell Shaw Versteeg
McNeill Danault Hartman
Bollig

Keith Seabrook
Leddy Hjalmarsson
Clendening Johns
Svedberg

Crawford
Raanta/Simpson

Updated to include Versteeg, now that Jayes is traded, maybe Kevin is upset and will refuse to sign with us and join his brother in FLA? Not much room for him if everything pans out.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Of the 30 regulars in the NHL with the lowest percentage of offensive zone starts, only Kyle Turris, Clark MacArthur, and Jesse Winchester have a better Corsi on than Kruger. Kruger also faces the toughest competition. Not many players do what Kruger does. So "in reality" most any player can't do what Kruger does, especially against quality competition.

stop it with your quality posts. They'll get ignored by the posters that only come with rumble rumble Krüger sucks

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
With the cap at 71.1 million the blackhawks future is...amazing. As long as TK sign for less than 10 we will be as good as anyone.

That Keith contract is a thing of beauty. We will only decline when our current core Keith/Seabrook/Hossa decline. Even then it might not matter.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
With the cap at 71.1 million the blackhawks future is...amazing. As long as TK sign for less than 10 we will be as good as anyone.

That Keith contract is a thing of beauty. We will only decline when our current core Keith/Seabrook/Hossa decline. Even then it might not matter.

The projected 2014/15 salary cap of $71M that Betteman announced today does not include the new Canadian TV deal which starts in the 2014/15 season. Therefore the 2014/15 cap of $71M will go up another $6.7M the following season (2015/16) based on HRR from the TV deal:

((($4.9B (US) / 12 years) x .5 player/league split) / 30 teams) = $6.7M.

Therefore the 2015/16 salary cap projects to be a minimum of $77M+.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
The projected 2014/15 salary cap of $71M that Betteman announced today does not include the new Canadian TV deal which starts in the 2014/15 season. Therefore the 2014/15 cap of $71M will go up another $6.7M the following season (2015/16) based on HRR from the TV deal:

Whatever you think of Crawford or Bickell contracts... they're bargains in that type of cap. Not one player on the Hawks is overpaid.

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
The cap is projected to be 71.2 million. The Hawks already have 17 guys signed with Smith, Raanta, Morin and Bollig being the only notable FA's that need contracts, and the Hawks have 6.9 million to get those guys signed or 1.1 per a piece.

Obviously 15-16 will be difficult. I'm sure the cap will rise to 76 million in 15-16 but the Hawks have a ton of talent to sign; Kane, Toews, Kruger, Saad, Leddy, Oduya... The Hawks do have 9 players signed for 2015-2016 and roughly 35 million to get Toews (9), Kane (9), Saad (3.5), Leddy (3.5), Kruger (2.5) signed..

Right now tho it's too early to be looking at 15-16... The only extensions Bowman should be focusing on now are Kane and Toews.

wladyslaw

Aug 19, 2013
Whatever you think of Crawford or Bickell contracts... they're bargains in that type of cap. Not one player on the Hawks is overpaid.

Still don't like the length on Goalie's contracts... Like pitchers in Baseball... most never work out long term.

Here is a "balls-ey, probably unpopular move" - trade Seabs this off-season- for High picks (freeing up another $5M) - bring in Johns/Dahlbeck to take place... and spend the xtra $4M+ another quality forward.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
Still don't like the length on Goalie's contracts... Like pitchers in Baseball... most never work out long term.

Here is a "balls-ey, probably unpopular move" - trade Seabs this off-season- for High picks (freeing up another $5M) - bring in Johns/Dahlbeck to take place... and spend the xtra $4M+ another quality forward.

It would not only be unpopular, but detrimental at the same time. This team doesn't need to commit $4+ million to another forward.

wladyslaw

Aug 19, 2013
Yep did I stutter? Clendening was a 2nd team AHL all-star and will be a 1st team AHL all-star this year. He is the leading scorer on the Icehogs.

I'm not sure you know who M. Rozsival was before he got to Chicago do you? He made 5m a year for the NYR back in 2008 4 year deal. In his prime he was somewhere in between Seabrook & Hlalmarsson. Sure he is older 36 and plays much better than the 2.2m contract. If you don't think he is playing here for less to win go back to hockey school. He is a luxury and discount.

I wouldn't be surprised if Johns/Dahlbeck/ or Dahlstrom end up being better NHL players than Clendening.

I think Seabs- is more expendable -because of the above mentioned - sooner than later.

Hawkscap

Jan 22, 2007

not really.

it looks like they are using a 8% escalator for next year vs a 5% in order to push some of the new Canadian Tv money forward and suppressing the 15-16 cap pop.

@LavoieRenaudn says $3.6 bill HRR .
In order to get to a $71 mil cap you have to increase the escalator by at least 8% to get a $71 mil pop

And if the Canadian $ keeps falling , the cap could take a $1mil hit from that.

With Toew Kane Saad Leddy coming in at $25 mil cap hit, $76 mil cap should suffice. ( dumping Oduya too)

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
not really.

it looks like they are using a 8% escalator for next year vs a 5% in order to push some of the new Canadian Tv money forward and suppressing the 15-16 cap pop.

In order to get to a $71 mil cap you have to increase the escalator by at least 8% to get a $71 mil pop

Do you mean they are using 5% instead of 8%?

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL

No way, you trade Bickell over Seabrook everyday all day.

With the cap floor going up a lot of teams would take Bickell...

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
not really.

With Toew Kane Saad Leddy coming in at $25 mil cap hit, $76 mil cap should suffice. ( dumping Oduya too)

How does this escalator work? I thought the salary cap mid point was determined by taking HRR, dividing it in half to get the players portion, and then dviding that by 30 to get each team's portion. That sets the mid-point from which the cap and floor are set. What am I missing?

here come the

Mar 25, 2013
I wouldn't be surprised if Johns/Dahlbeck/ or Dahlstrom end up being better NHL players than Clendening.

I think Seabs- is more expendable -because of the above mentioned - sooner than later.

Do any of those guys really have top pairing upside? Johns has been on TV a lot (ND) and he's usually one of the best players on the ice, but I have a pretty hard time seeing him making the leap to top 4 NHL defenseman in the near future. Dahlbeck I haven't seen very much but people seem to be impressed by his game in the Rock

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Do any of those guys really have top pairing upside? Johns has been on TV a lot (ND) and he's usually one of the best players on the ice, but I have a pretty hard time seeing him making the leap to top 4 NHL defenseman in the near future. Dahlbeck I haven't seen very much but people seem to be impressed by his game in the Rock

No, neither player should be projected to be top-pairing Dmen. Anything can happen, but you're not going to trade Seabrook because you have Johns in the system.

The Hawks shouldn't be thinking of trading any of their major pieces. This team is built to win now. Why would they move Seabrook for prospects/picks? Cap relief? They'll be fine with the cap.

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
the trade board tells me we would be a much better team with Ryan Smyth and RNH, at the expense of Versteeg , Leddy, saad, and Teuvo. where do I sign

:sarcasm:

looking forward to saad and Teuvo being our next great pair of young forwards, and sticking with Chicago for a long long time

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
the trade board tells me we would be a much better team with Ryan Smyth and RNH, at the expense of Versteeg , Leddy, saad, and Teuvo. where do I sign

:sarcasm:

looking forward to saad and Teuvo being our next great pair of young forwards, and sticking with Chicago for a long long time

That was the worst trade proposal I've ever seen. No wonder Edmonton blows; management must be as delusional as their fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad